Need help with Dimension Pro, again!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
René
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1103
RE: Need help with Dimension Pro, again! 2006/02/12 07:55:26 (permalink)
Hey Rene, are you from Argentina? The reason I'm asking is because there were some instruments that I've never heard before like bombo leguero and pezunero and after a Google search I found that they are Argentinean. Coincidence?

Yes I am. You'll find many Argentinian, Brazilian and Chilean instruments there. Not often found, and superb stuff!

-René
mlc
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: Need help with Dimension Pro, again! 2006/02/12 09:53:54 (permalink)
Very cool! You have no idea how much I'm enjoying this thing -my wife is starting to think I'm crazy
I live in South Florida but I'm originally from Panama, so I really appreciate those instruments, they remind me of some native panamanian drums.
The more I use DMPro, the more I like it!

Mike
post edited by mlc - 2006/02/12 21:03:07

Sonar X3 64 bit - Windows 7 64-bit
RME Fireface UC
i7 2600K 3.4 GHz 16 GB RAM
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
RE: Need help with Dimension Pro, again! 2006/02/12 15:26:46 (permalink)
I live in South Florida but I'm originally from Panama,
As am I, Mike. I'm in the Redlands, but rumor has it to be closer to within the Everglades themselves. But I hail from an even more exotic & strange locale: New York. I wonder if there's any gunshot/police siren samples in DP to remind me of home? Anyway, you're close by, so if you get in a bind, or are headed to one of those Cakewalk Tour stops, let me know.

Don't let Rene fool you, though. He made it as far as Tierra del Fuego from the spot where he crash-landed in Antartica. You see, Rene is (in reality) a renegade alien life force from some advanced off-world civilization. He's kindly offered to share some of his futuristic sound synthesis techniques with the humanoids that he's come to befriend. This: much to the chagrin of the powers-that-be back on the home planet.

Plus he needs the money to rebuild that spacecraft.
mlc
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: Need help with Dimension Pro, again! 2006/02/12 21:14:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: b rock

I live in South Florida but I'm originally from Panama,
As am I, Mike. I'm in the Redlands, but rumor has it to be closer to within the Everglades themselves. But I hail from an even more exotic & strange locale: New York. I wonder if there's any gunshot/police siren samples in DP to remind me of home? Anyway, you're close by, so if you get in a bind, or are headed to one of those Cakewalk Tour stops, let me know.

gunshots and sirens.... that was too funny

Redlands? I'm in Broward county is that in Miami/Dade? Never been to a cakewalk tour stop, How do you find out about them?

Sonar X3 64 bit - Windows 7 64-bit
RME Fireface UC
i7 2600K 3.4 GHz 16 GB RAM
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
RE: Need help with Dimension Pro, again! 2006/02/12 21:44:13 (permalink)
Redlands? I'm in Broward county is that in Miami/Dade? Never been to a cakewalk tour stop, How do you find out about them?
Yeah, man. I'm way down south and west. Closest real town is Homestead, as the 'gator crawls.

When Cake is pushing a new software version, app, or synth, there's usually a Tour that promotes it. The object is to sell software, but they're usually well-presented and very informative. Plus you get to spend some time with like-minded people from your area. There's also some kind of discount involved ($20 bucks or so off the 'street price'), but that's not the real reason to attend. I go anyway, and always learn something.

If time permits, the best part is the Q&A afterwards. The venues usually *suck*, like a Sam Ash or Guitar Center, but there's a few in West Palm, 3 or 4 in Broward, and the same for Dade. The last one (i"ve forgotten the name) showed off Dimension Pro, but it was scheduled the day after Wilma. I tried to make it to the rescheduled one (UM at Coral Gables), but no power, streets ... well, you remember.

You hear about them at the forums, or Cakewalk press releases. But that Cake e-mail that registered users get is how I usually find out. The South Florida stops are always last. Bet there's one coming soon for Rapture.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1