Need help/advice with my first recording attempt :/

Author
Brandto
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2011/09/15 15:58:17 (permalink)

Need help/advice with my first recording attempt :/

Hi all,

Ok, so I'm a complete newbie to this music recording malarkey! A few months ago I downloaded Music Creator 5 and Amplitube 3, bought a Sapphire 6 USB interface, a sE2000 condenser mic, a £200 Yamaha electric guitar (I also have a cheap acoustic) and set about recording a song I wrote ages ago (on my Dell laptop, running Win7 64 bit - hope that covers everything?)

The main things I'm struggling with is getting the main guitar riff to sound right - it just seems to sound a bit 'wavy' to me, like you can tell it's been run through a computer, and I'm not sure how to sort it out. It was recorded with my electric guitar, running straight into the Sapphire 6 interface. I then added the amplitube effect, clicked the 'bypass' option on the cab (never seems to have enough 'presence' if I run it through a cab?) and played around with all the knobs etc as best as I could. I've added a link to a small sample of the song I quickly put together, so that hopefully you pros can advise me on where I'm going wrong! :) I would also like it to have more presence, it all seems a little 'tinny' and faint compared to the songs on my itunes etc....if that makes any sense - I apologise for my lack of jargon, ha! Is there any other effects/processes I should be using besides Amplitube?

I also appreciate that my equipment is real entry level stuff, but as I have no previous experience I have no idea how much sound quality to expect!

Many thanks :)

http://soundcloud.com/brandto/abigail-sample
post edited by Brandto - 2011/09/15 15:59:36

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1