Need some advice

Author
PJH
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 599
2016/05/13 07:46:31 (permalink)

Need some advice

I'm not too familiar with Z3TA and normally just use the presets that are available but I'm in the process of putting together a track that has a triplet feel to it.

I'd like to use some of the "sequenced" parts that Z3TA has but I have no idea how to change those parts to a triplet feel. I don't know if it is even possible.

Does anyone have any advice on this. It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter.

4 Replies Related Threads

ricoskyl
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 327
    Re: Need some advice 2016/05/20 16:53:37 (permalink)
    When I want this, I change the Sync to host rate.  There are options for both triplets and dotted values.

Did I understand your question?

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
    Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
    ----------------------
    Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch
    PJH
    Re: Need some advice 2016/05/21 03:44:57 (permalink)
    ricoskyl
    When I want this, I change the Sync to host rate.  There are options for both triplets and dotted values.

Did I understand your question?

Yes, I think you did understand perfectly.

Thanks for this.

I'd like to try it but I don't see where to change the "Sync" to "Host".

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.
    ricoskyl
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 327
    Re: Need some advice 2016/05/21 22:45:51 (permalink)
    AFAIK, Zeta+2 will only sync when it is used as a plug-on with a host.  Without a hot, there's no temp for it to sync with.  Once you've got your DAW and Zeta+2 open, there are different places to set the sync rate depending on what you want to achieve.  

First, on the Synth page (main patch edit location) look in the bottom-left pane and you can toggle this between "mod" and "arp."  The mod page is useful as can map 16 different controls to different synth parameters, but mods won't sync on their own.  Switch to the "ARP" page and you should see "sync" is the second parameter.  This will determine the arpeggiator rate as a multiple of the host tempo.  Values range from OFF to 1/8th, but under each value, you can also select modifiers, e.g. under 1/8th you can choose 1/8d for a dotted value or 1/8t for a triplet.  Note that you can also set the "mode" to free/sync/gate but for the effect that I think you're after, sync might be best.

When you play around with this value, it might be best to start with a simple pattern such as up, down, or random as the more complex MIDI patters--cool as they are--introduce their own rhythm and it could get confusing.

Also on the synth page, you should see the "LFO" pane near the middle of the right side.  Each of six low frequency oscillators (LFOs) can be synced individually.  First select the LFO you want to work on, then change the sync value in the little table where you also select the LFO wave type and the mode.  Same idea here, sync in the same way you would the ARP.

Finally, you can also sync effects.  Go to the second main screen (choose EFFECTS near the top close to the preset selector) and you'll see that time-based effects (modulation and delay) can also be synced to the host using the same technique.

There are more ways to set sync than most other synths, but each patch, each arp patter, each LFO combination, nd effect will produce different results.  Dig in and experiment.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
    Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
    ----------------------
    Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch
    PJH
    Re: Need some advice 2016/05/24 05:47:56 (permalink)
    Thanks so much for this, Ricoskyl, I'm  going to try this out sasp.
    Much appreciated.

Cheers

Peter.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1