Need to improve ability to specify install locations for Sonar files and content

Author
timg11
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 137
2015/04/03 12:22:30 (permalink)
5 (1)

Need to improve ability to specify install locations for Sonar files and content

There are various technical reasons why the installation location of file on hard disk drives should be controllable by the user. Many systems are configured with a small, fast SSD for the "system drive" and use multi-TB rotating drives for samples, music, and video work.  Different backup strategies also make it desirable to keep the system drive smaller.

After upgrading to Sonar Platinum, I measured 6.2 Gbytes of files were installed to my C: Drive. This was after selecting alternate drives at every opportunity that was offered.  The actual Sonar executables and support files are a few hundred MB - most of that space is samples and other content.  Please see my related post here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3199309

The installers need to be improved to limit installation on the C:\Program Files path to actual "Program Files". The location for installing samples and other supporting data should be user-configurable.

Sonar Platinum Windows 10 64 bit, Presonus 24.4.2AI interface, Korg Kronos2 73

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1