Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!!

Author
Tha Duce
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 380
2007/11/20 08:23:49 (permalink)

Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!!

ok well I got 2 buddy's that have never made any music or wrote anything in there life.. and recently out of the blue decided to make a rap group.. so ok they come knocking on guess who's door? yep me!

ok so in one night I tried to whip them into shape and put something together that wasn't total garbage ..

so I did the chours for them and the song is basicly about there home town. so here it is let me here what ya guys think.

its on there new band page on myspace

http://www.myspace.com/therealpocketaces

post edited by Tha Duce - 2007/11/20 08:37:05

http://www.soundclick.com/duceirae
http://www.myspace.com/tophiphopandrap
Duel Boot - Vista - XP
3.2 ghz Duel Core
4 gigs DDR 2 Ram
Rokit 5 Monitors
Tascam fw 1884
E-MU 0404
NI Kore
xyenx 2442fx
Axiom
Sonar 7

9 Replies Related Threads

AsherLongley
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 683
    RE: Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!! 2007/11/20 13:05:06 (permalink)
    I'd say (musically and structurally) it's a good start, but I couldn't listen to more than 30 seconds of the song due to the profanity, disrespect, and hate the lyrics conveyed. I'm glad I haven't heard music like this in a long time. The shock of hearing such verbal filth expedited clicking the "X".

Sorry, but that's the truth. If it weren't for the lyrics, I'd say you have some really good stuff.
    Tha Duce
    RE: Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!! 2007/11/20 15:35:28 (permalink)
    ok Matthew im not going to get into what is right or wrong to say on a song. but this is why America is great because we have freedom of speech and gives you the same rights to sing about the things you sing about.

Duel Boot - Vista - XP
    3.2 ghz Duel Core
    4 gigs DDR 2 Ram
    Rokit 5 Monitors
    Tascam fw 1884
    E-MU 0404
    NI Kore
    xyenx 2442fx
    Axiom
    Sonar 7
    pittaxavy
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 60
    RE: Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!! 2007/11/20 15:53:17 (permalink)
    HI there , I could not agree more with AsherLongley...

One more thing " your freedom starts where mine ends "
    Tha Duce
    RE: Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!! 2007/11/21 05:53:16 (permalink)
    ok asher sounds like you think your better than me, because of your religious beliefs. At least that is what you seem to be saying there.

ORIGINAL: AsherLongley
    The shock of hearing such verbal filth expedited clicking the "X".

Sorry, but that's the truth. If it weren't for the lyrics, I'd say you have some really good stuff.

"The Truth" more like an opinion, NOT a fact as.. " The Truth" would imply. Sorry if someone's life and how they live it offends you so much. What hip hop and rap is, at least what I record and write myself is to convey a story or facts that have a point or are to entertain depending on song or project. Not to degrade or hate. Hip Hop and Rap is the sound of the streets and how we live and breath our lives. I may not be a star but I do have a strong fan base. Even some fans I have helped or even changed there lives for the better in one way or another. It is fine for you to not agree wit cussing in songs or even some of my or our moral values. Who are you to judge me. Only god can do that. and for your information I am a christain and have been since I was a young kid. But I dont pretend or hide behind that. I will do no such thing for anyone. You are just the type of person that makes religion what it is today. Hypocrites

Sorry for thous that might have offended but this subject PISSES ME OFF!!! Im sorry but I dont let people judge me in that way and then pretend they are better than me because of what I say! I will not stand for it. ( regarding religion or morals )

ORIGINAL: pittaxavy

My Freedom starts where yours ends? Explain.
    I'm sorry but we both have the same freedoms if your in America.
    My choices of words, or choices of who I do songs with. Or with what they say, have no bearing in what so ever terms of our freedoms in this country!

post edited by Tha Duce - 2007/11/21 05:55:17

Duel Boot - Vista - XP
    3.2 ghz Duel Core
    4 gigs DDR 2 Ram
    Rokit 5 Monitors
    Tascam fw 1884
    E-MU 0404
    NI Kore
    xyenx 2442fx
    Axiom
    Sonar 7
    jinga8
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5817
    RE: Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!! 2007/11/21 12:23:05 (permalink)
    Hey, pretty cool track. I thought the lyrics were funny as hell. (Basic cable...Rain snow and mud........18 pack of Bud) HA! We know who belongs in the kitchen...get a room, make some food, just quit ****in'!!! I don't offend easy, but you gotta see why some people would have an issue, right?!? But I like it, it flows without any awkward moments (which are all too common when rhyming is important such as rap/hip-hop). Good stuff. One of the voices is a bit weaker than the other (whoever says "hop in the Bronco, top off and go to a punk show"), but it may just be 'cuz the vocals weren't doubled in some parts. Anyway, keep up the good work and just take criticism based on content in stride, no need to take it personally or feel attacked.
    AsherLongley
    RE: Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!! 2007/11/21 12:49:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Tha Duce

ok asher sounds like you think your better than me, because of your religious beliefs. At least that is what you seem to be saying there.

ORIGINAL: AsherLongley
    The shock of hearing such verbal filth expedited clicking the "X".

"The Truth" more like an opinion, NOT a fact as.. " The Truth" would imply. Sorry if someone's life and how they live it offends you so much. What hip hop and rap is, at least what I record and write myself is to convey a story or facts that have a point or are to entertain depending on song or project. Not to degrade or hate. Hip Hop and Rap is the sound of the streets and how we live and breath our lives. I may not be a star but I do have a strong fan base. Even some fans I have helped or even changed there lives for the better in one way or another. It is fine for you to not agree wit cussing in songs or even some of my or our moral values. Who are you to judge me. Only god can do that. and for your information I am a christain and have been since I was a young kid. But I dont pretend or hide behind that. I will do no such thing for anyone. You are just the type of person that makes religion what it is today. Hypocrites

Sorry for thous that might have offended but this subject PISSES ME OFF!!! Im sorry but I dont let people judge me in that way and then pretend they are better than me because of what I say! I will not stand for it. ( regarding religion or morals )

ORIGINAL: pittaxavy

My Freedom starts where yours ends? Explain.
    I'm sorry but we both have the same freedoms if your in America.
    My choices of words, or choices of who I do songs with. Or with what they say, have no bearing in what so ever terms of our freedoms in this country!

Shawn, I typed a response, but felt this forum wasn't the proper (well, forum) to address your comments, and it doesn't look like you have PM on your cakewalk account, so, if you're interested, I can send to another address on your profile, but I'll let you make that call. -Matt
    Tha Duce
    RE: Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!! 2007/11/22 04:13:23 (permalink)
    Well Matthew im not surprised don't want the world to see inappropriate comments from a christain such as yourself.

Duel Boot - Vista - XP
    3.2 ghz Duel Core
    4 gigs DDR 2 Ram
    Rokit 5 Monitors
    Tascam fw 1884
    E-MU 0404
    NI Kore
    xyenx 2442fx
    Axiom
    Sonar 7
    SongCraft
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3902
    RE: Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!! 2007/11/22 05:01:23 (permalink)
    Hey Duce!

Never written a song before?

This is a good start! Great effort :)

Arrangements: needs more landscape (changes) the cutback in dynamics in the break was refreshing, it's stuff like that that makes a song extra special.

Production/Sound: I like it, good drums, overall sound and mix is nice. I really like the "Groove" it's cool.

Vocals: Lead voice kicks along nicely but the backing vocals needs more clarity although I really like the effect on the backing vocals, got a psychedelic coolness about it.

Lyrics: Ah! The real world, no mercy, no holding back! Personally I would not write lyrics like that but I also have an open mind and I'm not offended. You certainly grab the attention!! Now can I please have some more LOL!!

Keep up the effort! Keep honing your skills :)

post edited by SongCraft - 2007/11/22 05:14:07

AsherLongley
    RE: Never written a song before or even rapped and here they go!! 2007/11/22 12:26:15 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Tha Duce

Well Matthew im not surprised don't want the world to see inappropriate comments from a christain such as yourself.

Aaah, I see where this is going. I comment that your lyrics are offensive, and you attack me based on your own conjecture.

I was being a gentlemen by not hijacking your thread from it's original purpose: the analysis of your music. Perhaps you don't want to hear what I have to say. That's fine. Forget you even heard from me.

And.... if I offended you..... I appologize if I've hurt your sensibilities.
    post edited by AsherLongley - 2007/11/22 12:56:50
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1