New Esoundz Group Buy

Acoustic Folk/Ethnic/Percussion/Piano

Take a look if interested

http://www.esoundz.com/details/viewDetails.php?ProductID=641

26 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/15 21:39:19 (permalink)
    I'd love to have those sounds, Dave. I honestly would. Thanks for the heads up, but ...

Does anyone know what the copy-protection scheme is now? Do I have to put up one of the eSoundz staff in the spare room so that he can be assured that the samples are for my own use? Then he could report back hourly that I'm an authorized user, and that I haven't duped any backup copies. I think that the new protection scheme is called Kidnap-and-Response.

Sorry, folks (and no offense intended at all, Dave): my sarcasm is showing. I'm still just a little dongled over the last "incident" ...
    Bradster
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 435
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/15 21:55:07 (permalink)
    Sarcasm well deserved, Tom. If this weren't a family forum, I could *really* pile it on. I'm still smoldering over the whole Miroslav buisness and the corporate facade....but having fun spending the money elsewhere nonetheless.

I think this set is wide open though. Unless of course they have found a way to lock down Reason Refills with the iPee. You get your choice of Kontact, Reason, or ST format.

He's throwing in a couple of bonues also at the bottom of the page if it hits 150 and 200, including all 3 formats. Maybe there's redemption after all?

Someone did post a question about the upcoming ST 2.1 and additional samples that will be included and he stated there will NOT be any different "protection" applied.

Wait and see, wait and see.
    jmeredith
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 174
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/15 22:04:48 (permalink)
    I'm still just a little dongled over the last "incident" ...

I'm still waiting for my refund for the last "incident"
    b rock
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/15 22:05:25 (permalink)
    I think this set is wide open though.
    Yeah, Brad, but unfortunately, my wallet isn't. It takes me a lot to get pissed, but then I stay there forever ...
    jmeredith
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 01:13:31 (permalink)
    Maybe there's redemption after all?

Nope... now I'm officially cranky. Still waiting for my Miroslav refund (this should not take 17 days and counting), still hearing excuses about website glitches, our web guy is out of the office, we only have 8 people, I didn't respond to your emails because I had nothing good to tell you, rest assured it will be there tomorrow, no oops now you'll see it in the next 24 to 48 hours...

It takes me a lot to get pissed, but then I stay there forever ...

glad to know I'm not the only one who gets that way but that's okay, I'm sure there are plenty of other companies out there who would be happy to take my money

Soon as I get my refund - I'm going for the Novation Remote 49 unless you guys have another recommendation
    telebuke
    • Total Posts : 169
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 05:24:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jmeredith

Soon as I get my refund - I'm going for the Novation Remote 49 unless you guys have another recommendation

Yes, get the world sounds group buy - no ikeys involved there. ;)

Someone waiting for more people to join? No need to wait, since squids wrote this:

ORIGINAL: Squids
    Go to www.esoundz.com and join! It doesn't even cost anything to join, no deposit like other group buys. You CAN cancel if you change your mind...

And some more info
    ORIGINAL: Squids
    By the way, one of our Sonic Refill titles called "Triple Guitars" apparently just won a KEYBUY award in Keyboard magazines. I am telling you they are a steal at $50 each already. To have 4 of them for this price?

Actually esoundz members get the Sonic Refills for $39 and less, with esoundz member status gold you get them for $32.37

cheers

telebunke

please refer to user my telebunke when buying s.th. at www.esoundz.com, that gives you and me $5 in epointz.
    mike85021
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1532
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 09:20:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: telebuke

Did you know that ST2XL owners will get Philharmonik for $80 less?

And a nice dongle to go with it!

Nope, neicht, nada! Almost got suckered into that little fiasco. And unfortunately, I've become very leary of eSoundz in general and future 'copy protection' schemes of ST2, and SonicSynth upgrades.

Mikey T
    Eclectica de Esoterium
  • mike85021 @cox.net
    Just say NO!
    woodamand
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 673
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 13:10:29 (permalink)
    Yow, these guys sound bad! No esoundz for me, I can take a hint.
    Appreciate all you helping not spend my cash.

check out the new Brain Transfer Project CD
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/braintransfer
    dgkenney
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 267
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 13:58:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: woodamand

Yow, these guys sound bad! No esoundz for me, I can take a hint.
    Appreciate all you helping not spend my cash.

Sorry...but I just had to add my $.02 here. My experience with esoundz over the last two years has been nothing but super. They have bent over time and time again to provide excellent value and customer service to their customers and I find their products to very useful in my productions. (e.g ST2XL, SS2)

I don't know the particulars of jmerideth's woes but I empathize with the frustration. However, I can say with almost certainty that it will be ironed out by esoundz. In fact it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was some accomodation made for the troubles.

The dongle deal is what it is and, as far as I can tell, was driven by IK Multimedia. If you suffer from para-dongle-noia then you'll miss out on a fantastic orchestral library but it's your decision. I use dongle protected software and don't find it the least bit a problem but, like religion, I'm not about to try and persuade others.

So choose as you will but I continue to be a supporter of esoundz based upon their overall track record
    jmeredith
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 14:14:11 (permalink)
    The particulars are quite simple really - I asked for a refund on 8/1 and still haven't received it.

I've been polite in my emails and phonecalls with esoundz, I've made no rude remarks about the dongle, nor disparaging remarks about the company, it's products, or staff.

I asked for a refund for my pre-order based on new information received AFTER placing the order. All I want is my refund and I'm getting concerned that it's taking so long.

I probably shouldn't have expressed my frustration here but it slipped out in a cranky moment.
    dgkenney
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 267
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 14:26:52 (permalink)

The particulars are quite simple really - I asked for a refund on 8/1 and still haven't received it.

I've been polite in my emails and phonecalls with esoundz, I've made no rude remarks about the dongle, nor disparaging remarks about the company, it's products, or staff.

I asked for a refund for my pre-order based on new information received AFTER placing the order. All I want is my refund and I'm getting concerned that it's taking so long.

I probably shouldn't have expressed my frustration here but it slipped out in a cranky moment.

As I said, I empathize with your frustration. I can tell you, based on two years of experience, that esoundz is reputable and will get this sorted out for you.

Regards,

Dan
    DaveElson
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 350
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 14:40:30 (permalink)
    I didn't mean to cause this kind of issue when I posted. I haven't signed up for this, and may not. Just wanted to let people know it was up and running.
    I have bought from esoundz though. The first group buy (about a year ago.) and a crossgrade to ST2 XL. They are shipping the ST2 upgrade free when it arrives (I bought very late last year).
    On the first group buy I complained to them that after like 2 weeks, my stuff hadn't turned up and they immediately shipped out another package. Turns out UPS had dropped off the first package at our "other door" next to some bushes and was almost invisible. The second package was returned and I received a nice thanks from them.
    I personally consider them very reputable.
    mike85021
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 18:31:01 (permalink)
    I can tell you, based on two years of experience, that esoundz is reputable and will get this sorted out for you.

I too have dealt with eSoundz over the last few years, and have been happy with my purchases. Squids has bent over backwards to make people happy. The software is primo.

My disappointment was in two areas: that the dongle deal was exposed rather than announced, after which squids went into a song and dance routine about how handy it was to use a dongle, and that you have a key to drive your car, so it's just the same. Oh, and you can combine codes from several pieces of software on one dongle! Whee!

HEY! I can buy as many keys for my car as I want, and I don't have to pay for a new license every time I break one or lose one, and nobody questions my integrity if I have to replace keys from time to time. And I admit that I have all the locks on my doors at home keyed to one key, but if I lose it, I don’t have to reinvest in several new houses.

Oh, and my car key may communicate with my car, but I want it to.

The second thing that bothered me was oblique reference to possibly/probably moving toward “different licensing protection” in future SampleTank and SonicSynth releases. Squids is sooooOOOOooooo happily singing the praises of the dongle that I can foresee him moving to it for those products as well.

Unless people protest, and sales go down, that’s exactly what will happen.

Thank god for the Bakers.

Mikey T
    Eclectica de Esoterium
  • mike85021 @cox.net
    Just say NO!
    MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/18 20:14:41 (permalink)
    Sonar and Project 5 --- Dongle-Free forever!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

*hey!!! what's this little usb thingey in the box...

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    harmony gardens
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3490
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/19 18:41:05 (permalink)
    I'll chime in once again on eSoundz behalf, based on my previous positive expiriences with the company. I am a little embarressed honestly with the whole dongle thing. I went ahead with my Philharmonik order. I totally understand the strong feelings about the issue. Believe me, I have mixed emotions on this to the point where I almost cancelled, too. Sigh. This has been a hard case for me. I'm usually right there standing up for principles and I totally respect those of you who are taking this stand. I guess what bugs me is that if I hadn't said something, we would have gotten the software with the dongle in the box. That would have indeed been pretty crummy, IHMO.
    And they better take care of Julie's refund,,,, as that is the redeeming factor to that whole ugly thing.

Having said that, they really have taken good care of me as a customer and I'm happy with all the stuff I've gotten from them. While my enthusiasm has been dampened a bit, I still have to acknowledge the good-will they have built in me, from what they have done in the past. I would say if this group buy is something that interests you, jump in there. It should get to be a good deal.
    post edited by harmony gardens - 2005/08/19 18:49:05
    telebuke
    • Total Posts : 169
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/21 04:46:38 (permalink)

Really sorry to hear that. I'm sure it'll work out in the end, though. You might like to call them up. That might be faster and question can be answered right away.

I find it totally acceptable that some don't like to have dongles and I understand the viewpoint.

It's not an issue for me so far. I got Hypersonic and it has a dongle, too and it wasn't a problem for me so far.

Otherwise, this thread is about the group buy that's going on for world instruments. Looks like a really nice collection to me and I ordered it. It's gonna be really nice to make some pop with eastern percussion in the background. Maybe some orchestra music with african beats - cool.

cheers
    tele

please refer to user my telebunke when buying s.th. at www.esoundz.com, that gives you and me $5 in epointz.
    jmeredith
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/21 11:35:59 (permalink)
    You might like to call them up. That might be faster and question can be answered right away.

You should have read/pasted in more of my quote as the next sentence said "I've been polite in my emails and PHONECALLS with esoundz".

It does sound like the problem is somewhat out of their control but I'm still working on that whole patience thing...
    rabeach
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2703
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/21 14:18:05 (permalink)
    jmeredith call your credit card company. it has been more than enough time to allow them to refund your money.

dongles and protection absurdities are caused by insurance and banking agencies. they are dinosaurs. bring peace to this world eat a dinosaur.
    mike85021
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/22 21:33:05 (permalink)
    bump

Mikey T
    Eclectica de Esoterium
  • mike85021 @cox.net
    Just say NO!
    jmeredith
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/22 23:02:24 (permalink)
    jmeredith call your credit card company. it has been more than enough time to allow them to refund your money.

okay so I'm a newbie in more ways than just P5 - do I tell my credit card company that esoundz hasn't yet refunded my money? The original purchase was made on 6/30/05 so it has already appeared on my statement and been paid by me - how will they get the money back?

Just curious as to what will happen before I call my credit card company

Thanks guys
    b rock
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/22 23:26:42 (permalink)
    Just curious as to what will happen before I call my credit card company
    Can't help you with the card procedures; I've resorted to buying myself some Visa gift cards for online purchases. I'm sure these don't offer the exact same kind of ironclad refund protection that the majors do, but it does place an artificial limit on purchases. Specific cards for a single purchase.
    That, and I don't have to worry about anyone hacking the numbers.

You should be able to start the process with a simple phone call to the card company's customer service. (I know; you've heard that song-and-dance before.)
    You've been patient, and waited a reasonable length of time. Got to take it to the next level.

"Yous should want dat I take carra dis for yous?"
    I know some guys. Local; real "mechanics". Reliable, dumb as posts, and with short memories. One of them lives real close by; as a matter of fact: in my house, (and I live alone).

Seriously, I don't know what I could accomplish, but they're about an hour away. Let me know if there's some way to help.
    post edited by b rock - 2005/08/22 23:34:09
    jmeredith
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/22 23:39:09 (permalink)
    I know some guys.

are they cute? can I see pictures?

Last Friday's email from esoundz (along with a guarantee that the credit would appear within 24-48hrs) is as follows:

Again, I'm horribly sorry that this is unresolved. We are fighting through red-tape on a daily basis to try and get the digital merchant system to actually process the refund, but much to our dismay, we have yet to reach anyone who seems to be able and/or willing to help. We are at the stage of filing a formal complaint with the BBB of the state of FL. By the end of the day today, I hope to have some sort of news to report to you. Thanks again for your incredible patience with us

I'm going to try esoundz one more time in the morning and then call my credit card company.

jardim do mar
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1247
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/22 23:49:08 (permalink)
    I know some guys.
    are they cute? can I see pictures?
    ,,,ya know,,meredith,,, i m shocked ,,,,,<g>,,,, any ways,, i can't believe this ,, "dongle' thing,, all ,,,, this emotion,,,anger,,frustration,,, it must be a "guy thing ,,,,,ya know,,,, it's just a little dongle,,,,,,,

marcella
    And Remember,,,,One thing at a Time.....
    b rock
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/22 23:55:51 (permalink)
    it must be a "guy thing ,,,,,ya know,,,, it's just a little dongle,,,,,,,
    Speak for yourself. (We must just be overcompensating).
    harmony gardens
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3490
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/23 12:30:50 (permalink)
    Have you guys (I'm in the midwest, so that includes women ) listened to the demo's and thought about this GB objectively? There are some great sounds in this GB!! It also has the potential to be a superb deal. I know the numbers aren't there yet, but IMHO, they should be. This is like up to $250 worth of stuff, for as low as $59. That strikes me as a pretty good deal. You get your choice of formats, and if we hit 200, you get all three. The GPO GB hit over 1000, and was unquesionably a great deal, but IMHO, this one comes close to that, if we hit the numbers. There is no dongle in this one, either. Just some unusual sounds that are hard to find anywhere else, especially at this price.

I do hope Julie's refund thing gets straightened out. but I feel pretty confident it will be. I did have a problem with the company once, and believe me, they bent over backwards to make it right. It also had to do with thier system, which is still under development. I have talked to Robert, and he's developing the whole thing in house. He's a great guy.

Anyway,,, all the folks at eSoundz are musicians, just like us.

I've been trying very hard to get them to support SFZ format, so we can get some more sounds for Dimension. Omnisoundz will be released sometime this fall, and will do just that. Hopefully, we can keep all this in perspective.

jmeredith
    RE: New Esoundz Group Buy 2005/08/29 13:05:42 (permalink)
    29 days, 4 phonecalls (initiated by eSoundz) and 8 emails later... still no refund
    I sent another email to eSoundz 6 days ago and still haven't received a response so I called my credit card company to let them handle it

I know some of you guys really love this company and I tried hard to give them the benefit of the doubt but this has pretty much killed the relationship for me
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1