New Forum Layout

Author
Brandon Ryan [Roland]
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3458
2009/01/07 19:59:51 (permalink)

New Forum Layout

We will be making some changes to the forum layout in order to provide better organization and less clutter. Some current changes of note:

1) Announcements and E-store moved up top.

2) All Pyro forums have been consolidated.

3) New "Gear" section now has subforums to discuss "Hardware" (general non-Cakewalk audio hardware), "Software" (general non-Cakewalk audio software), and "Computers" (discussion focused on computer systems and hardware components).

4) A new "User" area has been created with subforums for "Songs", "Techniques", "Coffee House" (Yup! General loose music discussion - no politics, no religion!), and "Regional User Groups" (for info and discussion on end-user run Cakewalk user groups)

That's all for now. This thread will be updated with any further changes.

Lastly, moderation will be tighter as there is now a place to talk about pretty much anything that should be talked about on these forums. Please utilize the new structure. Off-topic threads will be moved to their proper home.

Thanks and enjoy!

2 Replies Related Threads

rob.pulman
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1146
    Re: New Forum Layout 2009/08/09 18:24:27 (permalink)
    Hi. A disappointing feature is that the 'thread starter' option doesn't appear to work.

Is this because each name has 'by' written next to it?

Stoojo Music

Dell 2400, XP 1 Gig RAM, Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, M-Audio 2496, PSR310, LP Custom, Fender Strat, Yam Acoustic, Peavey amps, Zodiac BXP bass
    JD1813
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 813
    Re:New Forum Layout 2009/09/17 13:47:46 (permalink)
    Overall, I am very impressed by the new forum layout, but wanted to add one note of a feature that didn't work for me, and am not sure if it's user-error and that we should receive some new instruction about?
    When I went to Post a rather lengthy reply a bit ago, I hit the "Preview" button so I could do a spell-check.  When I saw some typos, I closed the "Preview" window so that I could edit and then Post.  Only, when the Preview window closed, all I got was a totally blank Post window - all my original text was gone and blown away.   Is there some new sequence that we need to know in order to do a "Preview" now?   I never had this problem before.    Thanks and again, I like the new format - the search is MUCH better now!    -John  

-John  *Acer Notebook Win7 Pro-x64 /Edirol USB UA-4FX/SP B1 Mic/Sonar PE X2a; Alesis QS-7 & Ovation 12-String.  Site: www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1007877

Technology drives me to drink. Fortunately, it's a short drive..
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1