Helpful ReplyNew Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming

Author
dmbaer
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2585
2017/02/20 16:55:16 (permalink)

New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming

Maybe this isn't news to anybody but me ... I just found this out.

Roger Waters is touring in May, and he has a new solo album in the pipeline, presumably to be released shortly before the tour.  It will be titled "Is This the Life We Really Want?" and will be the first new work from Waters in literally a quarter of a century.

Is Christmas coming late or is it coming really, really early?
craigb
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming 2017/02/20 18:15:30 (permalink)
dmbaer
Maybe this isn't news to anybody but me ... I just found this out.

Roger Waters is touring in May, and he has a new solo album in the pipeline, presumably to be released shortly before the tour.  It will be titled "Is This the Life We Really Want?" and will be the first new work from Waters in literally a quarter of a century.

Is Christmas coming late or is it coming really, really early?

That would depend on whether the album is worth listening to! 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming 2017/02/21 04:51:35 (permalink)
Judging from the title it sounds like a continuation of Amused to Death

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
Re: New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming 2017/02/21 10:47:24 (permalink)
Hi,

I would like to hear it, however, with Roger so tied up to his history and older stuff, I really think that his ability to sell something new is probably not as good, and "hit radio" helped his music all the way to "Amused to Death", but I am not sure that it will help him on a new album regardless of how good it is.

I would think that he's beyond doing something that is not very good, and top notch, but even in his website, he plugs the old stuff, not the new stuff, and that ought to suggest that the new stuff is not that good, or it would get more attention. I don't think that any new album of his will get the attention that it would need to be able to be excellent when he's so busy with everything else and doing way too many shows.

I'm skipping the "Us and Them" thing, though I would not mind getting a CD/DVD, since you know the concert will be very tight and very good.

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming 2017/02/21 11:10:19 (permalink)
Last year - my son attended courses at a studio in Maryland, and one morning he texted me about 5 minutes after I dropped him off.

As he was walking down to the classrooms, he was hearing a generic strings version of Comfortably Numb - like what you would hear in the grocery store.

As he passed by the largest studio room there - he saw an 80-piece orchestra set up and playing the music live - and THEN he saw none other than Roger Waters there, running the show - turns out he was recording a bunch of the Floyd using real orchestra.

So who knows if any of that stuff is coming out on this new venture of his........

Certainly made my son's day :)

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming 2017/02/21 11:48:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2017/02/21 15:43:11
Moshkito
Hi,

I would like to hear it, however, with Roger so tied up to his history and older stuff, I really think that his ability to sell something new is probably not as good, and "hit radio" helped his music all the way to "Amused to Death", but I am not sure that it will help him on a new album regardless of how good it is.

I would think that he's beyond doing something that is not very good, and top notch, but even in his website, he plugs the old stuff, not the new stuff, and that ought to suggest that the new stuff is not that good, or it would get more attention. I don't think that any new album of his will get the attention that it would need to be able to be excellent when he's so busy with everything else and doing way too many shows.

I'm skipping the "Us and Them" thing, though I would not mind getting a CD/DVD, since you know the concert will be very tight and very good.

I showed Roger your post, he's a bit upset but said he's doing his best and hopes you'll like it.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
dmbaer
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2585
Re: New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming 2017/02/21 18:25:21 (permalink)
Bristol_Jonesey
Judging from the title it sounds like a continuation of Amused to Death

Yes, "Is This the Life We Really Want?" is pure Roger Waters, is it not?  As for a continuation of Amused to Death ... oh my, yes please!
Moshkito
Re: New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming 2017/02/22 11:02:37 (permalink)
jamesg1213

I showed Roger your post, he's a bit upset but said he's doing his best and hopes you'll like it.

You're a bit late ... I had already mentioned that situation. I think he was taking time off all that stuff to concentrate on the new music, although I did not think that would work as well, as if he did not have anything else to sidetrack him.

Roger, could not careless what you or I thought, anyway. He knows what he is doing, and that's what he is about. He does listen, though ... and read ... as he did on a poem I wrote about RW, that I posted on his website way back when, and he was very kind to reply and say thank you.

I never doubt that Roger will do his best! With one exception ... "Ca Ira" needed electric guitars and less "classical bruhaha". I would like to redo the whole thing properly! With Roger Daltrey singing if he can still hold a note!

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming 2017/02/22 12:08:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sharke 2017/02/24 14:12:26

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Moshkito
Re: New Roger Waters Solo Album Forthcoming 2017/02/24 12:47:46 (permalink)
craigb

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1