New Studio Hardware

Author
saltydog3317
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2015/09/20 23:00:25 (permalink)

New Studio Hardware

Before I make the commitment to upgrade and stay with Cakewalk I would like to know if there is any plans on making some new hardware for Sonar Platinum in the future? I like the Roland V Studio 700 and wanted to know if we will see another package like this in the future? I have been told that Cakewalk is now owned by Gibson who also owns Tascam and wondered if there would be a possible package in the future specific for Sonar Platinum made by Tascam?
Or am I expecting too much?

Thanks Kevin

1 Reply Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: New Studio Hardware 2015/09/21 10:29:37 (permalink)
    Kevin, no one here knows anything about it.  But you are right, TASCAM is now partners (through Gibson) with Cake and expect a lot of integration simply because they will use each other's platforms, so any glitches should get corrected quickly (same as w/ Roland when they owned Cake).

On the other hand, it really does your sales no favors if you lock your hardware to software (except AVID).  I don't expect TASCAM to make a SONAR-specific hardware controller.  I do expect they will make a replacement for their interface/board that works well w/ SONAR and is likely to be well tested.

What I'd like to see is a TASCAM DSD recorder/playback integrated w/ SONAR at DSD rates to splice together tracks for light editing. 

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1