New Toon - Frequency Shift

Author
Glennbo
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1840
2005/03/17 11:04:08 (permalink)

New Toon - Frequency Shift

Well, seeing that it's tax time again, I threw this little hard rock
number together, using current news blurbs. It features Joey Who???
on solo guitars, and me on everything else.

It's titled "Frequency Shift" at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/glennbomusic.htm

Note: Soundclick has just come back from a "server maintenance" cycle,
so it may be flaky. If so, try again later.

5 Replies Related Threads

kiwisdontdrinktea
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 567
    RE: New Toon - Frequency Shift 2005/03/18 01:09:03 (permalink)
    I liked the organic sound of the rythm guita. Loved the subtle accoustic guitar there in the chorus. I am still amazed by your voice and I do NOT believe it is simply your voice double tracked as you once told me . During the guitar solo I kept expecting polymod to come in, pity he didn't. This song really moves I really liked it.

You always seem to write your songs with some kind of key change or octave shift or something going up into the chorus. What's up with that?

She done stole my song - Otis Redding

http://www.beatkiwi.com
    clubbedtodeath
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 246
    RE: New Toon - Frequency Shift 2005/03/18 04:08:29 (permalink)
    Voice is sounding better than ever, Glennbo.

Can't fault the song itself -- it seems as if the drums are a little too dominant, and the rhythm guitar needs to come out a little. Overall, the track seems to be losing out in the low-mid to low frequencies.

Really enjoyed listening, though! I was always look out for Glennbo stuff.
    Glennbo
    RE: New Toon - Frequency Shift 2005/03/18 09:33:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kiwisdontdrinktea

I liked the organic sound of the rythm guita. Loved the subtle accoustic guitar there in the chorus.

Thanks! :)

I am still amazed by your voice and I do NOT believe it is simply your voice double tracked as you once told me .

It's reely reely true! Here's a screen shot of this song, and you can see there are two main vocal tracks, which are the doubling, and two additional vocal tracks during the chorus. The only effects I'm using on the vocals are a Timeworks EQ, Timeworks CompressorX, Sonitus Compresser, db-Audio Delay, and db-Audio Mastering Limiter.

During the guitar solo I kept expecting polymod to come in, pity he didn't. This song really moves I really liked it.

I thought about hitting Poly up for this one, but I was kinda pressed for time, and Joey Who??? was available.

You always seem to write your songs with some kind of key change or octave shift or something going up into the chorus. What's up with that?

I play totally by ear, and don't even know the names of the chords or notes I'm playing. Hehe, I'm just a caveman drummer who owns a lot of guitars and basses. <G>
    Glennbo
    RE: New Toon - Frequency Shift 2005/03/18 09:38:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: clubbedtodeath

Thanks Angus! :)

I was hoping to get my buddy Mike Summers to sing this one, because he doesn't have to try so hard to hit the higher notes, but he wasn't available so I did them myself.

Can't fault the song itself -- it seems as if the drums are a little too dominant, and the rhythm guitar needs to come out a little. Overall, the track seems to be losing out in the low-mid to low frequencies.

I'm using my short scale Gretsch bass (guitar length) and processing it through an amp simulator to fuzz it up a bit, which is probably stealing some of those frequencies away.

Thanks again Angus!!!
    Glennbo
    RE: New Toon - Frequency Shift 2005/03/18 19:50:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: clubbedtodeath

Geez Louise, Soundcrash has been down all freeking day, but it looks like they've come back from the dead finally!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1