New User

Author
bbarns
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/12/04 18:19:57 (permalink)

New User

I have pruchased a audio-technica turntable, plugged the audio signal cables (red and white appropraitely) into my computer (HP media), loaded the Pyro 5 program and started the play of an LP. The sytem is not recognizing the signal from the record. I have tried the the turntable with the pre-amp on and off, no signal.
Being a beginner I realize I have overlook something or done something wrong. Please help, you can humble me just get me to where I can burn CD's from my LP's.
Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    RE: New User 2006/12/05 23:10:02 (permalink)
    What soundcard is in the computer? Most turntables use RCA phono plugs and most soundcards have miniphone jacks. How are you connecting the two. The turntable definitely needs a preamp to get it to line level. Is the soundcard recognized by the computer? Check Windows device manager. Check the Windows mixer to make sure you don't have the line in fader turned down or muted.

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1