Author
Nick P
Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3112
2006/09/26 01:16:55 (permalink)

New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good

http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/sylenth1/
post edited by Nick P - 2006/09/26 01:30:54

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!

10 Replies Related Threads

fac
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2427
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/26 08:59:26 (permalink)
    Boooooooooring....

Really. What does it do that can't be done with something like z3ta+ or VAZ 2010 ?

And only 8 notes of polyphony? That's a joke. Not good for huge pads.

I don't see if it features Ring Mod, Amp Mod, or FM, either. Maybe one has to set it up in the mod matrix?

It's also too pricey. What, like $240 USD? One can get z3ta+ for less than $100 if you know where to look.

I'm sorry, but to me it looks like just another VA synth. Sure, there will be people who prefer its sound/interface/performance/features/whatever, but I don't see anything that would specifically set it apart from the rest.

http://facproductions.net

Lots of gear. Not enough time.
    Frank@ProSounds
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/26 14:15:07 (permalink)
    Yeah, I tried this. Was excited to try it after reading the "testimonials" ( ) , finally did, and z3ta+ KILLS this thing.....literally pees all over it. And that's just based on sound IMO, z3ta+ kills it all over again when you compare the prices.

Oh well. Back to my wife: "Rapture, com'ere hunny!"

Peace
    Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/26 17:39:40 (permalink)
    Okay, thanks for that report. What about Rapture - how does it compare? (I own Rapture, and hope not to have to purchase z3ta+).

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/26 21:12:31 (permalink)
    Dim Pro, Rapture, Z3ta+...The righteous trinity of Soft Synths, AFAIK...

And do not forget Pentagon. what can I say
    Frank@ProSounds
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/26 21:16:12 (permalink)
    How does Rapture compare to what? z3ta+ or This Sylenth synthesizer? Assuming you mean the latter, Rapture is a dimension (no pun intended) away from this Sylenth thing.....at the least. There's no comptetition whatsoever IMO. I'm more than positive that Rapture could do anything Sylenth can. In fact, Rapture mops the floor with most of the synths in my vst folder......and there are lots of synths in my vst folder.
    InstrEd
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1276
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/26 21:48:30 (permalink)
    So what Synth's are in your VSTi folder Frank?

I have Dim Pro and love it, waiting for GPO to be ported over.
    What would I gain with Rapture?
    I do more sampling than synth.

How would Rapture fit in.

Thanks Ed
    whitefalcon
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1161
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/26 22:13:36 (permalink)
    Boooooooooring....

Really. What does it do that can't be done with something like z3ta+ or VAZ 2010 ?

And only 8 notes of polyphony? That's a joke. Not good for huge pads.

I don't see if it features Ring Mod, Amp Mod, or FM, either. Maybe one has to set it up in the mod matrix?

It's also too pricey. What, like $240 USD? One can get z3ta+ for less than $100 if you know where to look.

I agree get ZT3A and Vanguard and you have more than that synth covered for about the same price.
    whitefalcon
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1161
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/26 22:17:54 (permalink)
    How does Rapture compare to what? z3ta+ or This Sylenth synthesizer? Assuming you mean the latter, Rapture is a dimension (no pun intended) away from this Sylenth thing.....at the least. There's no comptetition whatsoever IMO. I'm more than positive that Rapture could do anything Sylenth can. In fact, Rapture mops the floor with most of the synths in my vst folder......and there are lots of synths in my vst folder.

Sytrus is even better although now its too expensive to.
    I got it on a group buy for like $49
    I also did the same with Manytone but Manytone and Manytone Guitar are different then this synth.
    I would recommend looking for a group buy and getting a great synth for a good price.
    Christmas is coming, for the last two years Vanguard and Plastic and Slayer2 all were like $40 off. I think I got Vanguard for $49 to
    I have not tried Plastic.
    Well what I am getting at is you can do better then Sylenth.
    Frank@ProSounds
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/27 00:16:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: InstrEd

So what Synth's are in your VSTi folder Frank?

I have Dim Pro and love it, waiting for GPO to be ported over.
    What would I gain with Rapture?
    I do more sampling than synth.

How would Rapture fit in.

Thanks Ed

Hehe, I don't think I have the time this week to go into all of them. I could name a few of my favorites though: Aside from Rapture, DimPro, and z3ta+, I've got GrooveCube's Exciton, discoDSP's Vertigo, Camel Audio's Cameleon5000, Linplug CronoX3, Linplug Albino, Linplug Alpha, Linplug RMIV, Linplug Octopus, Basement Art's Reflex, Arturia Moog Modular V, Arturia ARP 2600 V, Arturia CS80V, ConcreteFX Kubik, Muon Tau MKII, Kjaerhus Audio's Spectra, Wusikstation, All the old and new Dash Signature and NuSofting synths, FXpansion DR008, FXpansion GURU, All the Steinberg Instruments, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, and, of course, lots of quality freeware stuff. What can I say, I'm a whore.

Really though, Rapture's the Icing on the cake....The more I use it, the more I love it, since day 1. Dimension Pro along with the SFZ format is excellent for covering your sampling needs. Rapture has 10x as many synthesis options, obviously, and you can get as deep as you like. If you're not a fan of the synthetic stuff, then I imagine Dimension Pro might have you pretty well covered though honestly. Trust me, Rapture is not just a beefed up DP however.....I'm working on a large set of presets as I type this actually, and I've gotten some amazing movie-soundtrack type sounds, from effects to atmospheres and everything in between...all of this with very little sample material....a few simple multisamples here and there, but Rapture launches them into another world.

hehe, so, you very well may be where you started at the decision point. Rapture does serve much more purpose than just being a dance-genre synth.

Peace
    dougsyo
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 209
    RE: New VA Synth - Sounds Pretty Good 2006/09/29 04:58:51 (permalink)
    Rapture is probably the last "substantial" synth I'll buy other than maybe re-acquiring Tassman or getting some sample sets for K2/DP/ST2XL/Wusik. I'm just not looking for big multi-osc/multipoint envelope synths any more, Rapture's satisfied my 'gear lust' for now.

There are several synths I've purchased over time (Rhino, Kubik and maybe Wusik for example) that had I had Rapture, I'd have not even looked at them. I got Firebird recently, but for me that's a different critter with a different purpose.

Doug

Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad.
    For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1