New Version of SONAR PE: Critique, Anyone?

Author
Gamergirl
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 181
2007/12/05 11:34:13 (permalink)

New Version of SONAR PE: Critique, Anyone?

HEY,

How meany of you gearheads have got Sonar 7 yet? Is it worth the nearly 300 bucks for an upgrade, do any of you know?

Love to hear a critique. Also what you think of the complete package deal theyve got on sale, is that a good deal?

How is Reason LE, I think, that comes with it ? It is functional enough to be useful, or is it just a tease (things some softwawre producers have actually tricked me in paying for in the past, I try to avoid LE and other bastardized versions whenever possible.

What's the best deal on this?

And thanks to the CW moderators in advance for allowing us to have a freeely open and uncensored discussion of the product, in advance. I've always held that CW wasn't like all those other creativity-stifling, freedom-crushing, heartless, nippon hypertech megacorps out there, and isn't afraid of a little criticizm-where its due, of course! I have nothing but great things to say about 6.

Also, these new (I think they're new; I just now found out about them) EMu sound set packages on ([b]Protues Packs they're called on Cakewalk's website: [url=http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Proteus/default.asp] advertised here. I know they're called "Proteus Packs" but will they work with the Creative's Emu Protesu X softsynth? That's what I have. I'm thinkin' of buying the '"Virtuoso" sound set. Has anyone heard it, how are the instruments?
GG

GG
post edited by Gamergirl - 2007/12/05 11:49:56

"As above, so below."
-Hermes Trismegestus

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."
-James Tiberius Kirk

"Do what thou Wilt shall be the Whole of the Law."-Aleister Crowley

1 Reply Related Threads

mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    RE: New Version of SONAR PE: Critique, Anyone? 2007/12/05 11:47:09 (permalink)
    nope, Reason is by a different company altogether! It comes with Rapture LE, Dimension LE, the full version of z3ta+, session drummer2 and about 5 other vstis, plus lots of new plug-ins such as Boost 11 and the mastering eq/compressor, and then midi enhancements. It is very stable for me, as to whetehr to upgrade - what are you upgrading from? for me going from shs 6 xl it is 50% improvement! from s6pe not so big i guess...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1