Helpful ReplyNew York Post reaches a new low

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
2017/06/16 05:36:33 (permalink)

New York Post reaches a new low

I never post about stuff like this but damn this left a nasty taste in my mouth. 

I just clicked on an article in the NY Post about the woman who live streamed from the top floor of the London fire, where she was trapped. They have the video embedded. Couldn't believe my ears when, at 12 seconds in, they added a horror movie style bass drone sound effect to make it seem more dramatic (as if it could be). I don't know if I'm overreacting but I just thought holy sh**, that's TACKY. Have a listen for yourself. I know they're a scummy tabloid and all but my God....is that normal practice? 

http://nypost.com/2017/06...n-burning-london-tower

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Rain
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 05:51:58 (permalink)
I can't say that I'm surprised - everything's entertainment nowadays.

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 07:38:22 (permalink)
That is a new low...
Total failure.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 11:17:11 (permalink)
You're not overreacting James, that is just ghastly.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
DrLumen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 12:02:30 (permalink)
Wow, that is incredibly sleazy!

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 12:03:53 (permalink)
horrific! very sad 
post edited by bayoubill - 2017/06/16 13:27:25

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 12:23:25 (permalink)
I don't happen to think that there is anything remotely entertaining about somebodies pain and tragedy in what appears to be the last final moments of a persons life .
When I was a little boy my family had a brush w the National Media ...
I was present during the event that had taken place . I can tell you what the media said and what really happened were 2 very different stories ...

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Voda La Void
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 14:22:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jamesg1213 2017/06/16 16:39:14
I live in Oklahoma and on the day of the Oklahoma City bombing, it only took a few moments for the local news stations to put a graphic in the lower right corner of an mushroom cloud with red lettering being blown up "Terror In The Heartland" like a movie advertisement. You'd think they were running a commercial for a bad Bruce Willis flick.

They loved it.  Couldn't me more excited 168 people were killed and we were all glued to the tube trying to find out what was happening.

The media has always been honest, we just don't listen.  They have always told you that they tell "stories".  Not facts, not events, not accurate information about what's happening around you - stories.  They tell stories.  Everything is a narrative, complete with drama, good guys, bad guys, conflict and end game.  

And that's how it reads.  Caricatures, not people.  Archetypal good and bad, cardboard characters. Like children writing about adults.  Never understood why the media is revered for anything.  They sell stories and drama for profit.  Corporate profits off of others misery and human failure.  

Strangers writing about other strangers to be read by yet more strangers.  Nobody knows anybody - everyone in all their complexity and life span are reduced to a handful of paragraphs by a stranger who's mission is to tell a story for profit.

Voda La Void...experiments in disturbing frequencies...
JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 15:35:19 (permalink)
Late 1980’s was working as an aircraft mechanic for Cessna in Long Beach. Our facility was on the edge of the airfield next to many other maintenance shops.

One night a thief started doing the rounds of the shops to steal avionics packages.

He was approached by a security guard. The guy pulled out a wrench, bashed the guy in the face and left him for dead, then went on raiding the planes. The guard regained consciousness and called in the incident.

Second security guard came in and found the guy next to our hangar. The guy was over 300 pounds, about 6’6” and came at the guard with the wrench. No match for a single bullet that dropped him dead.

By the time I got to work early morning, the police were there completing their investigation, outline of the body chalked, crime scene tape etc. Then they took down the tape and just left the body on the tarmac. Seemed weird, but soon came the news reporters. Each group got their turn.

First group moved the body so the photos didn’t have to show the chalk marks. Sky 9 or whoever from the TV landed their helicopter, set up shop and had the blond in a mini skirt prepped for the live coverage. They were discussing the dramatics of the photo op and decided that the guys arms and legs would look better if tweaked a certain way so they made adjustments.

This must have been common practice because when Sky 10 arrived with their cover girl, they bent the body around for their best effect.

By about midday when Sky 11 showed up, the guy had been frying in summer heat for several hours on the asphalt. He was starting to bloat and get stiff making it a harder to get him to lay flat, but they done a fine job getting the photo op in the end.

About 1 in the afternoon, they finally came in to take the body.
Have never really trusted anything I see on the news from that time on.

John
sharke
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 16:35:04 (permalink)
Wow that's truly horrific John. I think it's probably been decades since journalism could be described as an honorable professional, at least on the whole.

One of my current beefs is the way in which the media motivates and encourages mass killers by providing them with the platform and coverage they desire. I'm a firm believer that every mass shooter is motivated by the coverage the previous one gets. After every such shooting, the media goes nuts with its endless articles outlining the life history of the shooter, their beefs in life, their frustrations and the reasons behind it. If they left some kind of suicide note or manifesto, then that's a front page story and the media will pore over it point by point so that the public is left in no doubt as to the reasons why the killer did it. And then of course we have the subsequent "exclusive" interviews with the killer's friends and past acquaintances in which we're given another blow by blow account of all of the killer's perceived slights and injustices in life.

Of course the next shooter sits at home watching this media circus and thinks man, I want to go out the same way. I want the world to know all of my beefs too. And thus another mass killing is planned.

Meanwhile the media is using the killing to propose more gun control, totally oblivious to its own role in motivating the shootings in the first place. But the bottom line is they don't even care about the deaths - why should they, when such incidents are always exploited for an increase in page clicks and ad revenue? They truly are scum.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 19:02:02 (permalink)
Is it just me who thinks that the problem here started with the mentality of the person who having discovered they were in building that was very much on fire decided that the first thing they should do was to get their phone out and film it so they can put it on FB.

Hey wake up and get out of here quick -  the whole building's on fire......

Ok thanks. I'll be out as soon as I've put that on Facebook.

FFS! 

sharke
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 20:03:15 (permalink)
paulo
Is it just me who thinks that the problem here started with the mentality of the person who having discovered they were in building that was very much on fire decided that the first thing they should do was to get their phone out and film it so they can put it on FB.

FFS! 

I guess when there's literally nothing else you can do, why not? 

James
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 20:25:47 (permalink)
I guess I'm not quite as cynical and hard-bitten as I like to think I am,  I couldn't watch more than a couple of seconds of that video.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 20:44:16 (permalink)
sharke
paulo

FFS! 

I guess when there's literally nothing else you can do, why not? 

Get out or die trying springs to mind.
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 20:59:58 (permalink)
Ya, the NYP are pretty gross with that kind of crap. Reminds me of the Toronto Sun. Used to read it back in the day (there was always a copy of the TO Sun around in restaurants/bars and shiz) and it was at least somewhat informative about local events/issues even if you had to kind of read through some of the bombastic slant they crammed in there. Eventually though it became unreadable. Just constant nonsense designed to enrage and manipulate.

For big stories and generally get an idea of what's up in the world and in Canada I mostly read the CBC site but they of course have their own brand of slantiness (just not quite as bad as other outfits) and I find their coverage of events isn't as thorough as I'd like (as in they simply don't cover certain stories but I guess they can cover EVERYTHING). From there I'll research things more on my own to cobble together a reasonable image of the truth. Usually a lot of hunting around for raw video/audio feeds without a pile of talking heads and editing trying to tell THEIR version of the truth.

It can be very difficult to get to the meat of a matter/topic/event these days without getting sucked into talking points/agendas but with some effort and a concerted effort to not succumb to "confirmation bias" (which admittedly I did suffer from quite a bit when I was younger) I think it is possible to remain informed from an objective perspective. It's a lot of work and requires a HUGE amount of general skepticism/knowing your news sources and how they tend to slant things.

Related to this topic though this was on the CBC this morning...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/london-fire-grenfell-tarling-expert-1.4163560

It's an interview with a building surveyor/official discussing the cladding issue and how this type of event was foreseeable (and he made it known well before the event). It jibes with (and explains) some of the posts we had here and I've seen elsewhere about the "cladding" and why it's so dangerous (and the crappy UK building codes that allow it).

When I kept seeing "cladding" I didn't really know wth people were referring to (and I used to do building contractor stuff) but I guess it's like aluminum siding and (in this case) filled with chemical insulation. The insulation being the flammable material. Worth a read... and for those in the UK a call to your members of parliament to improve the building codes.

Completely preventable this was.
sharke
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 21:33:51 (permalink)
One good thing about this whole "fake news" meme that's been going around over the last few months is, I think people are becoming a lot wiser to the fact that we have no real way of telling whether newspapers are telling the truth or not over certain things. Like whenever you hear "reports say" or "unnamed sources tell us," there really is no reason on earth why you should give any credence whatsoever to it. Anyone sitting in a news office can make up whatever they like and attribute it to unnamed sources. And then exploit the whole concept of "journalistic integrity" in refusing to say who those sources are. There was once a time when they could rely on the public's trust - people in general believed in unnamed sources and mysterious "reports." That trust is vanishing quickly, as is the mainstream media's monopoly on the flow of information. Lying (and getting away with it) is becoming harder and harder. 

James
sharke
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 21:46:39 (permalink)
Beepster
Ya, the NYP are pretty gross with that kind of crap. Reminds me of the Toronto Sun. Used to read it back in the day (there was always a copy of the TO Sun around in restaurants/bars and shiz) and it was at least somewhat informative about local events/issues even if you had to kind of read through some of the bombastic slant they crammed in there. Eventually though it became unreadable. Just constant nonsense designed to enrage and manipulate.

For big stories and generally get an idea of what's up in the world and in Canada I mostly read the CBC site but they of course have their own brand of slantiness (just not quite as bad as other outfits) and I find their coverage of events isn't as thorough as I'd like (as in they simply don't cover certain stories but I guess they can cover EVERYTHING). From there I'll research things more on my own to cobble together a reasonable image of the truth. Usually a lot of hunting around for raw video/audio feeds without a pile of talking heads and editing trying to tell THEIR version of the truth.

It can be very difficult to get to the meat of a matter/topic/event these days without getting sucked into talking points/agendas but with some effort and a concerted effort to not succumb to "confirmation bias" (which admittedly I did suffer from quite a bit when I was younger) I think it is possible to remain informed from an objective perspective. It's a lot of work and requires a HUGE amount of general skepticism/knowing your news sources and how they tend to slant things.

Related to this topic though this was on the CBC this morning...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/london-fire-grenfell-tarling-expert-1.4163560

It's an interview with a building surveyor/official discussing the cladding issue and how this type of event was foreseeable (and he made it known well before the event). It jibes with (and explains) some of the posts we had here and I've seen elsewhere about the "cladding" and why it's so dangerous (and the crappy UK building codes that allow it).

When I kept seeing "cladding" I didn't really know wth people were referring to (and I used to do building contractor stuff) but I guess it's like aluminum siding and (in this case) filled with chemical insulation. The insulation being the flammable material. Worth a read... and for those in the UK a call to your members of parliament to improve the building codes.

Completely preventable this was.

They go nuts with that cladding in the UK. Even when I last lived there over 15 years ago, I was aware of older buildings being retrofitted with that cladding stuff. Local councils have gotten obsessed with two things: firstly, the environmental bandwagon in which anything which increases "energy efficiency" is seen as a good thing regardless of what other consequences it might have, and secondly the idea that they can transform these old eyesore council towers at relatively low cost. I saw a few towers in Newcastle done out with it. For example, there was a notorious tower in Newcastle city center called Bewick Court which was an eyesore and was associated with a lot of crime and people falling to their deaths out of windows etc. Here's what it looked like: 

And so the council had their customary "something must be done" meetings and decided upon a facelift of cheap looking cladding, which I'm sure is probably the flammable type too:

I remember when they did that, and we thought my God, it just looks like they've slipped a plastic sheath over it. It looked flammable, especially compared to the old 60's concrete. I have a soft spot for that concrete now - it has that sort of gritty urban chic, and the added bonus of not turning entire buildings into roman candles when you hold a flame to it. I bet everyone in Bewick Court is having sleepless nights since seeing the news the other night. 

James
Beepster
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 21:52:39 (permalink)
Although this is of course a bit of a "meme" and subject to debate I've found, after many many moons of being a hyper curious (and I'd like to think relatively objective) news junkie, it's a reasonable decent representation of what to expect from the sites listed...

There are a LOT of sources missing but the first time I saw this it pretty much aligned with what I've noticed over the years.

Then again that is a subjective view of it all and seeing something you agree with, as I did with this, could be construed as confirmation bias.

Still interesting and perhaps helpful though (for those who give a crap about hunting down the closest semblance of truth possible).

That... may not be appropriate here (CoC) but this thread made me think of it.
Beepster
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/16 22:02:50 (permalink)
The hilarious (well... in a "laugh or you'll cry" kind of way)... those old 60's/70's tower block building with concrete/cinder blocks between the units are/were the ultimate in fire containment. My last place was in one of those older buildings and they literally said to me the safest thing I could do in the event of a fire was stay inside my unit.

Those concrete firewalls are also great for soundproofing.

My current place, which is a newer building (and they lied to me when I asked them what was separating the units), has single frame aluminum stud walls, Roxall insulation and a single sheet of 3/4" drywall on either side. It may TECHNICALLY meet firecode (not even sure about that) but it doesn't meet sound code. At the very least it's supposed to be doubled up 3/4" on either side.

So we all have to be quiet as frack to respect each other and any new tenants generally have to be told to STFU after they inevitably think the place is "normal" as far as sound transmission.

Total rip... but we seem to have a good crew in here now.

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 03:30:25 (permalink)
Beepster
Although this is of course a bit of a "meme" and subject to debate I've found, after many many moons of being a hyper curious (and I'd like to think relatively objective) news junkie, it's a reasonable decent representation of what to expect from the sites listed...

There are a LOT of sources missing but the first time I saw this it pretty much aligned with what I've noticed over the years.

Then again that is a subjective view of it all and seeing something you agree with, as I did with this, could be construed as confirmation bias.

Still interesting and perhaps helpful though (for those who give a crap about hunting down the closest semblance of truth possible).

That... may not be appropriate here (CoC) but this thread made me think of it.

Where's Mad Magazine??? 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
sharke
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 04:15:02 (permalink)
I would disagree with some of that infographic. Specifically, the middle section. Like NPR and the BBC have both a political and cultural bias. The BBC has admitted its own bias on many occasions. NY Times, Washington Post, both have their agenda as well. 

James
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 04:45:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FCCfirstclass 2017/06/22 14:35:06

This was 2014.  I read somewhere (couldn't find it fast enough) that this is now only FOUR (I know CBS and Viacom did some kind of combining, don't know who else got combined).

I watched a video where the same news item was read word-for-word, tone inflection for tone inflection by no less than 30 different stations.  So, obviously the same writers for all of them.

I call all of them "the Great Distraction" and haven't had a TV for a year now (and don't miss anything except a few sports and science shows).

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 05:07:59 (permalink)
Voda La Void
I live in Oklahoma and on the day of the Oklahoma City bombing, it only took a few moments for the local news stations to put a graphic in the lower right corner of an mushroom cloud with red lettering being blown up "Terror In The Heartland" like a movie advertisement. You'd think they were running a commercial for a bad Bruce Willis flick.

They loved it.  Couldn't me more excited 168 people were killed and we were all glued to the tube trying to find out what was happening.

The media has always been honest, we just don't listen.  They have always told you that they tell "stories".  Not facts, not events, not accurate information about what's happening around you - stories.  They tell stories.  Everything is a narrative, complete with drama, good guys, bad guys, conflict and end game.  

And that's how it reads.  Caricatures, not people.  Archetypal good and bad, cardboard characters. Like children writing about adults.  Never understood why the media is revered for anything.  They sell stories and drama for profit.  Corporate profits off of others misery and human failure.  

Strangers writing about other strangers to be read by yet more strangers.  Nobody knows anybody - everyone in all their complexity and life span are reduced to a handful of paragraphs by a stranger who's mission is to tell a story for profit.

Put well

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

Rain
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 06:46:01 (permalink)
Remember the 90's?

The Rodney King riots and racial tensions, war in the ever unstable Middle East, people who'd been involved with Salman Rushdie's book "The Satanic Verses" being hunted down and killed by extremists...

We've come a long way, haven't we?

That's why I try and don't pay much attention to "the news". Most of that stuff only distracts us.

MandolinPicker
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 720
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 12:47:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Rain 2017/06/17 16:25:03
Much of the problem with the "news" today is directly traceable to late 60's/early 70's. Prior to this time period, the news bureau was considered a separate division from the entertainment bureau, and most were run at a loss to the network. That began to change in the 60s, first with the local news ("If it bleeds, it leads") and then at the national level. IIRC CBS was the first network to require the news bureau to 'make money'. So the focus changes, and now you need more viewers to sell more advertising to make a profit. Carry this attitude to the logical end destination and you have what we are experiencing today. 'Pretty people' who can only say what is on the teleprompter and can't think to put two words together to save their life. 'Stories' that aren't news but will get people to tune in based on the promo. Good history on this here - http://www.medialit.org/reading-room/whatever-happened-news

I worked on the ambulance in DC in the 80s/90s during the height of the drug wars in town. Hated the news media. They were always in the way when you tried to get on the scene or leave out with a patient. Always sticking the camera in your face or the back of the ambulance. Of course, when the drug wars were in a slow cycle, they would create 'news' by calling 9-1-1 and timing (with a stop watch) how long it took the ambulance to show up, then describe just how terrible us paramedics were. And if the fire chief or medical director said anything in our defense, well the media would go after them as well. To say they had an agenda would be an understatement.

Is it any wonder no one believes the media anymore. What I wouldn't give to have Walter Cronkrite (the "most trusted man in America") back on the tube! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Cronkite

The Mandolin Picker
"Bless your hearts... and all your vital organs" - John Duffy

"Got time to breath, got time for music!"- Briscoe Darling, Jr.

Windows 8.1, Sonar Platinum (64-bit), AMD FX 6120 Six-Core, 10GB RAM
Rain
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 20:50:15 (permalink)
sharke
I would disagree with some of that infographic. Specifically, the middle section. Like NPR and the BBC have both a political and cultural bias. The BBC has admitted its own bias on many occasions. NY Times, Washington Post, both have their agenda as well. 

Indeed. 

I was just reading - a police officer was killed in a coordinated terror attack in Jerusalem yesterday - which, by the way, has been claimed by ISIS. The BBC reported that "3 Palestinians (were) killed after a deadly stabbing". No mention of the police officer and a remarkably misleading headline.

Back in the 90s, my ex-wife's father worked for CBC, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, which we used to hold as one of the more objective networks. When I saw how he prepared for his morning show, how he picked angles and chose and edited news that he was to present, I lost all my illusions about the news ever being semi objectives.

Incidentally, he is the one who's responsible for me being a Cakewalk user. He gave me the NFR copy of Cakewalk Guitar Studio he'd just received for review. After I'd used it for a while, he asked me what I thought, filled in some paper that came with it and sent in his review. 

SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 20:51:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Rain 2017/06/17 20:55:09
sharke
.... the BBC have both a political and cultural bias. The BBC has admitted its own bias on many occasions.

Much of the BBC News coverage is becoming unwatchable James. Not just because of their obvious left-leaning bias, but their ever-increasing insistence on a sanitary politically correct reporting style.

I watched a recent report on the London Bridge attacks and not once during the 7 or 8 minute piece to camera were the words I***m or M****m mentioned.

I don't understand how we've ended up in this position, or how in future we're ever going to be able to defeat an enemy that can not even be named.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Rain
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 20:55:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2017/06/17 21:02:27
Wow - the post I'd just made disappeared!

Take 2...

I was just reading about a police officer who'd been stabbed and died of her wound after a coordinated attack in Jerusalem (which, by the way, has been claimed by ISIS). The BBC reported that "3 Palestinians (were) killed after a deadly stabbing."

No mention of the young police officer and a remarkably misleading headline.

If that's objective...

Bhav
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 887
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/17 20:57:37 (permalink)
Apparently someone from the Sun pretended to be related to one of the victims so he could get to him in the hospital for an interview.

The Sun are denying this though. 

I7 6850k, Asus RV10E, 32 Gb ram, SLI GTX 980 Ti, Creative Soundblaster Z, Yamaha DGX 630, Creative Aurvana Platinum headphones.
DrLumen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: New York Post reaches a new low 2017/06/19 01:57:47 (permalink)
I too would disagree with the news org chart. The Clinton News Network should be much more lower left. MSNBC could also not be considered balanced. IMHO, they are more lower left too.

As to ISIS claiming responsibility... If someone stumps their toe ISIS will claim to have orchestrated the attack. It may likely be their downfall though too. If I were a terrorist I wouldn't have claimed the bombing of little girls. I think that one will bite them in the ass. No one in their right mind, regardless of religious or political beliefs, can condone those types of acts. None are acceptable but that one was lower than low.

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1