New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF

Author
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
2011/09/17 20:52:23 (permalink)

New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF

I have finally completed this demo after trying to fit it into everything else I have been doing.

Anyway for those interested in Rapture Expansion packs this is a demo for the Film Scoring Expansion pack. It is pretty well priced and definitely has got some great sounds on board.

There are 7 sections in the expansion pack and I have tried to cover them all in the demo. They are:

Modern, Transitions, Exotic, Strings, Winds, Score Pads, Sequenced.

http://soundcloud.com/jeff-evans

Here is the link to the DSF site of you are keen to buy the expansion pack.

http://www.digitalsoundfa...fo.php/products_id/398

My demo is not up on the DSF site yet as I have only just sent it to him. But check out the demo that is there as well as there are some nice sounds in it too. My demo covers more ground I think. It just goes to show what a great synth Rapture is.

post edited by Jeff Evans - 2011/09/17 21:09:41

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt

9 Replies Related Threads

BretB
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 508
    Re:New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF 2011/09/18 09:37:19 (permalink)
    Interesting journey you took us on.  Nice mix and cool choice of patches.

Sonar Platinum - A&H ZED R16 - KRK VXT4's - Yamaha DTXpress IV & Gretsch Catalina Maple kits

"Music is what feelings sound like"
    https://soundcloud.com/bret575b
    mstodge
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 984
    Re:New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF 2011/09/18 13:21:03 (permalink)
    Very cool Jeff. I'm sure DSF will be very proud to have this on their site.
    I think you have managed to show off the great potential this software has.

Best
    Mark.
    cwestmont
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 379
    Re:New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF 2011/09/18 19:20:45 (permalink)
    Nice stuff, Jeff.  I use DSF for Dim Pro but sounds like I need to take a good look at Rapture. 

My music:
    Hummingbird Cinema (vocal tracks, covers and remixes)
    Mosaic Manifesto  (remixes and instrumentals)
    "If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?"- Shantideva

One can acquire everything in solitude - except character. -- Marie Henri Beyle

Windows 7
    Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz
    8 GigaBytes DRAM
    Sonar X3
    Roland QuadCapture
    mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF 2011/09/19 04:55:37 (permalink)
    excellent Jeff! you do a great job showcasing the percussion, the synth tones, the pads and the special fx on offer...exactly what a demo should do.The tunes are OK too!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF 2011/09/21 21:23:22 (permalink)
    Amazing!  
    cliffr
    • Total Posts : 539
    Re:New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF 2011/09/22 06:08:32 (permalink)
    Hey Jeff,

that's a truly great demo, it really does show off just how those sounds can be used.
    It can't be easy putting something like that together, and you've done a really great job.

I haven't had much time to jump on here, pretty bogged down with work myself - which is good AND bad :)
    But I've been keeping an eye out for this since you mentioned you were putting it together.

Have to say, you've inspired me somewhat !.

And I'm sure that will definitely help sell some units.

Very cool.

Cheers - Cliff

i7-950 24 GB, GTX 580, W7/64 Ultimate, Sonar Platinum, Alesis MasterControl, KRK Rokit RP8g2s
    Some Real piano, basses, and guitars, Komplete 8Ultimate, Ibanez guitars, MusicLab RG/Strat/LPC, Trilian, Omnisphere, RMX, EWQL SO Platinum, Pianos, Choirs, VOP, Gypsy, Goliath, SD2, MOR, Ra, HS, HB, too many plugs, Midi controllers, and all kinds of weird gadgets
    My Soundclick Page 
    Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re:New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF 2011/09/22 06:31:42 (permalink)
    Hey Cliffr and Janet and all for the nice comments, thanks very much. It is over 4 minutes but I have been asked to cut it down to 140 seconds eg 7 sections at 20 seconds each. This is for the DSF website only. We are thinking or hoping we may be able to link people to the longer version at my SoundCloud. (I might even put up the 7 full length separate pieces on SoundCloud)

I started doing the edit today and it is going to move fast!

Yeah it is a bit interesting just using Rapture and nothing else and also only using the sounds that comes in that particular expansion pack only as well. Fun really. Makes you think about things a little differently if you only have certain sounds that can speak your music. I am using the effects a lot too in Rapture and only a little EQ on the tracks.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    cliffr
    • Total Posts : 539
    Re:New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF 2011/09/22 21:31:43 (permalink)
    Hi Jeff,

cutting 4 minutes+ back to 140 seconds is quite a chop back.

I just went back for another listen, and I like as is.
    Cutting back to 140 seconds, yep it will be moving fast !.

It would be interesting to try making a video to fit your demo.

I'll be interested to hear the final 140 second version too.

Catch you soon.

Cheers - Cliff

i7-950 24 GB, GTX 580, W7/64 Ultimate, Sonar Platinum, Alesis MasterControl, KRK Rokit RP8g2s
    Some Real piano, basses, and guitars, Komplete 8Ultimate, Ibanez guitars, MusicLab RG/Strat/LPC, Trilian, Omnisphere, RMX, EWQL SO Platinum, Pianos, Choirs, VOP, Gypsy, Goliath, SD2, MOR, Ra, HS, HB, too many plugs, Midi controllers, and all kinds of weird gadgets
    My Soundclick Page 
    Philip
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4062
    Re:New demo for Rapture Film Scoring Expansion pack from DSF 2011/09/24 11:18:03 (permalink)
    Ah synth-city!

Awesome stuff Jeff!  This is great for electronica, IMHO.

This plus some bigger drums for the theater, should keep the score-meister occupied.

Philip  
    (Isa 5:12 And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD)

Raised-Again 3http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12307501
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1