New song and video - "Arrows"

Author
wineshop
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 185
2011/06/10 23:08:21 (permalink)

New song and video - "Arrows"

I don't normally post much of my work, but I'm curious what y'all think of this. It was my first full project - start to finish - in X1. And this forum has proved absolutely invaluable in wrapping my head around X1.

I wrote and recorded "arrows" for my teenage daughter, Madi. I know any of y'all that have teenage daughters know how challenging it is. "Arrows" is sort of a warning to her, giving her a heads-up regarding all the "arrows" life will shoot at her. It's up to her, not the world, to decide what's right and wrong in life. The song kind of goes back and forth from truth to lies. The video includes lyrics as subtitles. It's actually Madi singing the main harmonies. And the video is a slideshow of her. Mercy how quick the years have gone by! I'm not even close to a pro at mixing, so any tips will be welcomed! And my vocals are a tad pitchy, but again - I'm no pro and have no interest in auto-tuning it to perfection. I hope, regardless of the mix, you like the song itself. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU_Mo_8j4i4

2 Replies Related Threads

BretB
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 508
    Re:New song and video - "Arrows" 2011/06/10 23:49:47 (permalink)
    Your daughter has got to love this!  I have one too so this touched me.  Nice work.

Sonar Platinum - A&H ZED R16 - KRK VXT4's - Yamaha DTXpress IV & Gretsch Catalina Maple kits

"Music is what feelings sound like"
    https://soundcloud.com/bret575b
    wineshop
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 185
    Re:New song and video - "Arrows" 2011/06/11 13:23:22 (permalink)

Your daughter has got to love this!  I have one too so this touched me.  Nice work.

Thank you. Yeah - she had a big smile on her face and laughed at some of the pics she hadn't seen in years (and maybe forever in a few cases). Plus she sent it to her friends, so I think she really liked it. Glad you enjoyed it!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1