New update hell...

Author
quietman
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 362
2018/06/06 00:04:32 (permalink)

New update hell...

Ive just updated Cakewalk and now all the tracks seem to be using the wrong instruments. It completely screwed! v 2018.05...

www.4th-eden.com
Composing until I'm decomposing

6 Replies Related Threads

Starise
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7563
    Re: New update hell... 2018/06/06 00:33:03 (permalink)
    You should be able to  roll back to the last version . I would be interested to hear if this is an isolated problem. Were templates used from the prior version?

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
    3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
    Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
     CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

Daibhidh
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 204
    Re: New update hell... 2018/06/06 01:01:33 (permalink)
    I'd check your midi instruments in preferences and how your ins and outs are setup
    Rbh
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2349
    Re: New update hell... 2018/06/06 02:51:39 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
     Probably because a project is associating certain tracks to an instrument that was not registered as VSTi in the current install. Re check your VST paths and make sure all of your instruments plug ins are enabled. Your tracks will re -assign to another instrument if your project can't find the correct one. I think this is what you're experiencing. If worst comes to worst - you will need to re-insert the synth and re-assign the tracks.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
    12 Gig
    Appollo
    CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
     Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
    quietman
    Re: New update hell... 2018/06/06 17:46:27 (permalink)
    message from Cakewalk...

"We've recently had a few users who are facing the issue where they are unable to open their projects or load plugins in properly. Our engineers are already aware of this and are working on an update real soon. We're sorry for the frustration, but we'll reach out to you ASAP or with a fix once we've heard news..."

www.4th-eden.com
    Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 284
    Re: New update hell... 2018/06/06 18:52:38 (permalink)
    quietman
    message from Cakewalk...

"We've recently had a few users who are facing the issue where they are unable to open their projects or load plugins in properly. Our engineers are already aware of this and are working on an update real soon. We're sorry for the frustration, but we'll reach out to you ASAP or with a fix once we've heard news..."

Hi Martin,

I think there was a little miscommunication with one of our support reps. There was a fix related to project MIDI ports that was addressed in the 2018.05 update that just came out. This was specific to adding MIDI ports while a project was currently open.

If you are opening a previously saved project, the project MIDI ports should not change and we have not had any other reports of this occurring.

If you are seeing this, try seeing if you can open the project normally in SONAR as opposed to Cakewalk by BandLab.  If the project opens correctly there, but not in Cakewalk by BandLab, please PM me with a link to the project and we can troubleshoot it further.

Thanks!

Jonathan Sasor
    Quality Assurance Engineer 
    BandLab
    quietman
    Re: New update hell... 2018/06/06 20:26:42 (permalink)
    Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
    quietman
    message from Cakewalk...

If you are seeing this, try seeing if you can open the project normally in SONAR as opposed to Cakewalk by BandLab.  If the project opens correctly there, but not in Cakewalk by BandLab, please PM me with a link to the project and we can troubleshoot it further.

Thanks!

Hi Jonathan

I will try that ...thanks...up to this point all installations for me have been smooth...

www.4th-eden.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1