Newbie Looking for software - which version?

Author
turboace
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/09/06 07:48:55 (permalink)

Newbie Looking for software - which version?

I'm looking for software which will allow me to:
1. Record directly from my MIDI keyboard, (currently Roland 700GX) if possible retaining the voices (eg Piano etc) from the keyboard
2. View and print a score
3. Add other instruments eg bass guitar , or voice  How would I connect this?
4. Edit parts via the user interface eg to correct notes
5. Playback the recording without the keyboard connected.

I'm running a Win7 laptop with i7 processor.

1 Reply Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Newbie Looking for software - which version? 2014/09/06 09:57:01 (permalink)
    All of Cakewalk's DAW software will do most of what you want. Try out Music Creator 6 or X3 Essentials, their least expensive programs. I think there is a trial version of X3 you can download.
    I say "most" becuse no software can play a keyboard's sounds if the keyboard isn't connected, unless you record the sounds as audio.
    So, record the keyboard parts as MIDI, correct timing and/or intonation problems, connect the audio out from the keyboard to your audio interface and set up an audio track to record and then click the record button.
    Some folks say that the notation features of Cakewalk's software is pretty basic, but you can print out the MIDI information that you've recorded.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1