Newbie needs help editing and deleting clips in tracks

Author
puffybear
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2011/01/23 10:12:43 (permalink)

Newbie needs help editing and deleting clips in tracks

I have read all the tutorials and all the forums I can find.  I am an idiot and thought this thing was idiot proof.  I try to delete a section of the track, a measure or two, and all I accomplish is deleting the whole track.  I press ALT and drag the mouse over the portion I want deleted, it puts a diagonal bar across the clip.  From there I go into edit, and am stuck, as I can only get the whole track to delete.  Any help here?

2 Replies Related Threads

Norrie
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1665
    Re:Newbie needs help editing and deleting clips in tracks 2011/01/23 13:11:10 (permalink)
    Option 1 - From the center at the end of the track you want to edit just grab it and pull it back to where you want it to be. No need to hold alt or anything like that
    Just remember the center of the edge of the clip not the corners

If snap to grid is on it will only let you edit it to the bar / grid

Option 2 -Go to the top left of the screen you will see a Little pair of scissors click on that.
    Go to the track you want to edit and left click with your scissors on where you want to delete from this will have cut the track and you just right click and select delite on the part you want to delite

Remember if snap to grid is on it will only let you cut where there grid is so if the part is off the grid and you need to cut it turn snap to grid off :) its up along the same place as the scissors

Hope you get it ok :)

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    puffybear
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Newbie needs help editing and deleting clips in tracks 2011/01/24 15:27:11 (permalink)
    Thanks my Scottish friend.  That does the trick.  You should write the manuals.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1