Newbie to Sonar Home Studio-how to insert a mono track as default seems to be stereo?

Author
donegaljoe
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2017/11/15 18:49:20 (permalink)

Newbie to Sonar Home Studio-how to insert a mono track as default seems to be stereo?

Hi folks,

I have just got Sonar home studio and really like the GUI, so think I may well use it instead of Cubase 7 elements.
I just do very basic stuff in Cubase and want to be able to do the same in home studio.
I use a fast track pro and have Studio installed on both windows 10 and 7 32 bit.
So a basic question  no doubt I will back with more...lol)
I have done a few searches in the documentation but can't get the answer to this.

How do I create a mono audio track in Studio as I don't get that option to create one as I get in Cubase?

Many thanks
Joe

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Newbie to Sonar Home Studio-how to insert a mono track as default seems to be stereo? 2017/11/15 18:57:05 (permalink)
    Set the track input to the appropriate channel of your interface
    Set the track interleave to mono (note the image in the documentation is from the Mercury theme). The interleave is the button just above where E is pointing in the track inspector.

chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Newbie to Sonar Home Studio-how to insert a mono track as default seems to be stereo? 2017/11/15 19:33:05 (permalink)
    Can you be more clear on what it is you are trying to do might ? This will help us better understand what you want.
    For example, are you trying record a guitar track ? or are you dragging in an audio clip in to Sonar ?

Every track you insert has the potential to be a mono or stereo track, it all depends on what you feed it with (your input) and what your interleave button is set to (That button forces the track’s audio signal to enter any patched plug-ins as either mono or stereo).

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

donegaljoe
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: Newbie to Sonar Home Studio-how to insert a mono track as default seems to be stereo? 2017/11/15 20:26:49 (permalink)
    Ah thanks a lot Scook and Chuck for your quick replies, which has sorted that one out. So I do it in the vertical mix strip, I was looking for the button on the tracks channel view or as it appears in the inspector, but couldn't see any one there.

Not trying to do any things in particular at the moment, Got Studio free through computer music magazine and was pleasantly surprised how good it looks (does the full featured Sonar have more or less the same GUI) also the plugin scanning is far quicker then Cubase, also Cubase seems to want to do a random scan itself sometimes even when nothing new is added, So I may well go with studio.

I will mainly use it for mixing my tracks from Band in a Box, using the basic tools such as split, mute tracks etc, and just add a few vocal tracks

Am I right in thinking that the bounce to tracks will bounce all selected tracks to a new track, a sort of a group track as in Cubase?

Thanks once again.
    Joe
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Newbie to Sonar Home Studio-how to insert a mono track as default seems to be stereo? 2017/11/15 20:34:05 (permalink)
    Here is the help for Bounce to Track(s)
    It may be used to bounce multiple tracks to a single track
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1