No Aftertouch in Dimension Pro or Rapture on the MAC

Author
AlKal
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
2008/02/12 01:16:14 (permalink)

No Aftertouch in Dimension Pro or Rapture on the MAC

Anyone else have this problem?

Dimension Pro and Rapture (setup as AU plug-ins) do not respond to aftertouch on the MAC OS (either Tiger or Leopard (DP 1.3)). I’ve tried Rapture standalone and both Dimension and Rapture hosted in Logic 8 and Mainstage and I’ve checked that aftertouch is not being filtered out anywhere. I’ve tried an M-audio Axiom 49 and a Yamaha Motif ES6, both of which transmit channel aftertouch. Off course the patches are programmed to respond to aftertouch (e.g., the bladerunner (at+mw+vl) lead patch of Rapture). Other Logic/Mainstage/Garageband instruments respond to aftertouch just fine.

Btw, both DP and Rapture seem to be responding to all other controller messages on the MAC and they respond to aftertouch just fine on the PC, hooked up to the same controllers.

Thanks,

AlKal
------

Sonar Platinum, DimPro, Rapture Pro, Z3ta+2; NI Ultimate 10; EZ Drummer; AAS Tassman 4, Lounge Lizard EP-4, Ultra Analog Session w various sound banks; MOTU UltraLite Mk3; Axiom 61 Gen2; Yamaha Motif ES6, MX61, DX7IIFD; iPAD Gen1 w Xewton Music Studio and lots of synth apps

6 Replies Related Threads

AlKal
    RE: No Aftertouch in Dimension Pro or Rapture on the MAC 2008/02/27 22:52:38 (permalink)
    Bump.

I can't believe I'm the only one using aftetouch, either that, or not many people are using Dimension and Rapture on the MAC. I'd like to hear from other MAC users out there to at least confirm this, or tell me I'm smoking something :-(

To me, aftertouch is the most useful controller-- it's a natural way to apply expression, sort of like playing an acoustic instrument, while still keeping both hands on the keyboard.

AlKal
    ------

Sonar Platinum, DimPro, Rapture Pro, Z3ta+2; NI Ultimate 10; EZ Drummer; AAS Tassman 4, Lounge Lizard EP-4, Ultra Analog Session w various sound banks; MOTU UltraLite Mk3; Axiom 61 Gen2; Yamaha Motif ES6, MX61, DX7IIFD; iPAD Gen1 w Xewton Music Studio and lots of synth apps
    brzilian
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 788
    RE: No Aftertouch in Dimension Pro or Rapture on the MAC 2008/02/28 20:23:53 (permalink)
    Most MAC DimPro users (myself included) are probably still waiting for the Leoppard update and not currently using it. There is no way to verify what you are saying at the moment.
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: No Aftertouch in Dimension Pro or Rapture on the MAC 2008/02/29 12:04:15 (permalink)
    I can't attest to Dimension Pro, as I've quit using it at this point (Leopard-user here).

But, I'll try Rapture's aftertouch on Mac when I get home tonight and report back.

I'll be using an Edirol PCR-M1, on 10.5.2 in Logic Pro 8.0.1 and Live 6.0.10.

- zevo
    AlKal
    RE: No Aftertouch in Dimension Pro or Rapture on the MAC 2008/02/29 14:09:57 (permalink)
    I too am running Leopard. I had installed Dim Pro and Rapture prior to upgrading to Leopard. Dim Pro works for me on Leopard (except for the aftertouch). Rapture didn't work until after installing the patch, but still no aftertouch.

AlKal
    ------

spritex
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 189
    RE: No Aftertouch in Dimension Pro or Rapture on the MAC 2008/03/02 04:49:25 (permalink)
    Okay, I finally got DimPro running on my Leopard by copying the multisamples from another install (had to install it first in another computer with Tiger - I guess Windows would have been ok too).

And....I can confirm that Aftertouch isn't recognized in DimPro 1.3 and Leopard - only tried it with the newest Logic, but it certainly shows the aftertouch info in the MIDI inspector.

AlKal
    RE: No Aftertouch in Dimension Pro or Rapture on the MAC 2008/03/03 09:45:16 (permalink)
    Thanks Spritex - at least now I know it's not just me.

I think I will go ahead and contact tech support to bring it to their attention.

AlKal
    ------

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1