No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation

Author
Irwin
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/03/19 01:59:52 (permalink)

No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation

Hi everyone,

I recently took advantage of the $5.00 deal for Dimension LE and Garritan Pocket Orchestra. However I am having many problems.

I don't have a serial key over 24 hours after installing. It's not in my email, and it doesn't show up next to the product name on my "My Registrations" screen on my Store Account. However, there is a download link that was made available, so I downloaded the Mac version of the software, Dimension LE 1.2 and installed it.

The software loads fine in Logic. For a while it was asking me to "please register". I registered the software and it kept complaining, so I downloaded it again and installed it and it stopped asking me. (I still have no serial number though).

However my problem is that there is no Garritan Pocket Orchestra category. My instrument selection looks like this:

Other users tell me that Garritan Pocket Orchestra should have its own category.

I have tried to update my software version to Dimension LE 1.5 but it has not changed my instrument selection options.

I've left a message with customer service about my lack of a serial but not about the lack of Garritan Pocket Orchestra. Can someone here help me?

P.S. All of the other instruments appear to work fine, they load and play fine.
post edited by Irwin - 2011/03/19 02:14:24

8 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation 2011/03/20 22:01:30 (permalink)
    There were different flavors of Dimension LE that had varying library content.  I'm unsure which version they were selling for $5, but according to the product page it states that it does include the Garritan Pocket Orchestra.  I'd contact support see if you can get a new installer.  The 1.5 updater only updates the plugins and doesn't contain the multisample content. 

Hope that helps,
    Chad
    jimbob7
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation 2011/04/05 22:21:05 (permalink)
    Did this resolve? I bought & dl'd the program (also Mac) and there were no Garritan sounds, just the same banks as you show.

I did contact Customer Service but haven't heard back. Just curious about how I go about getting them...
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation 2011/04/06 08:36:46 (permalink)
    Can you find the GPO folder on the computer anywhere?

Some times, it will install, just not in the default location. When this happens, all you need to do is move it to the Cakewalk/VSTplug in folder and rescan the plug ins to get it to show up.

Most of the time it will install in the correct place but sometimes it just installs in Program files in it's own folder. I've had this happen a time or two.... mostly because of rushing thorough the installation process and not reading carefully where I'm installing things.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation 2011/04/06 12:43:31 (permalink)
    jimbob7

Did this resolve? I bought & dl'd the program (also Mac) and there were no Garritan sounds, just the same banks as you show.

I did contact Customer Service but haven't heard back. Just curious about how I go about getting them...

I would contact the Email Tech Support vs Customer Service.   http://www.cakewalk.com/support/contact/ts.aspx

They'll probably be able to give you a different installer or the lose content.
    jimbob7
    Re:No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation 2011/04/06 20:57:35 (permalink)
    GH, the Garritan files are definitely not in the install (I parsed the installer just to double check). I noticed that the Windows dl file size is 4X larger. My guess is that the sounds are in the Windows install and not the Mac

And yeah, I actually contacted both Tech Support & CS, but I'll follow up with a call tomorrow.

Thanks for the help. I'll post whatever I find out when I find it out...
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation 2011/04/06 22:00:17 (permalink)
    here's where mine is located on this computer.
    c:/program files>cakewalk>dimension LE> programs> GPO is in folder 24

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    jimbob7
    Re:No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation 2011/04/06 23:53:01 (permalink)
    Good to know, (if I ever make the switch to a Windows machine ). On my Mac it's

hd:/Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>Dimension LE Content>Programs>

and that directory has the exact listing as the OP posted.

As I mentioned, I'm pretty sure the GPO is included in the Windows install and not on the Mac install. I'll hopefully get a live person on the phone tomorrow and sort it out.
    jimbob7
    Re:No Dimension LE Garritan Pocket Orchestra Category on Installation 2011/04/08 15:54:21 (permalink)
    Just an FYI for others who may have this problem, but call Customer Service and they will email you a link to the GPO sounds (and also send you a serial number via email). Very quick and helpful.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1