No MIDI inputs

Author
Sammy Kerre
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2015/08/31 08:13:23 (permalink)

No MIDI inputs

Hi. I'm trying out Music Creator 5 on my Windows 7 Ultimate Compaq laptop but I'm unable to find MIDI inputs. At the same time, every time I launch Music Creator I get the message that the plug-in AmpliTubeXGEAR (Track: 'Guitar') "could not be found. They may be missing or improperly installed on your system." My sound card IDT High Defintion CODEC. Just wondering if i missed something in the installation or need to do other things besides to bring Music Creator to functionality. Any help would be highly appreciated.

2 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: No MIDI inputs 2015/08/31 09:25:49 (permalink)
    Are you using an external audio interface that has integrated MIDI ports? I already assume the answer is no since you didn't mention one.
    What keyboard are you using? If you're not using a keyboard or MIDI controller, you don't need MIDI inputs.
    If you are using a keyboard or MIDI controller, go to their web site and download and install the latest drivers for the device and your OS.
    If there are no drivers for Win 7, you may not get it to work. But you might, too.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: No MIDI inputs 2015/08/31 10:03:55 (permalink)
    Either your audio card has to have midi inputs on it or the keyboard you are using has to be a USB connected midi device for the software to see midi inputs.

When you start the program, it scans the computer to see what audio and midi inputs are available to it. If there are none connected, you will get that message.

If you are 100% positive that you do have midi inputs connected..... follow Greg's advice on getting the correct drivers.

Most folks here are using external music interfaces. If the card you have is internal and or factory, you might want to consider an upgrade to a musical interface that connects via USB and runs ASIO drivers and not wrappers or codecs.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1