No Sound from dim wit in Dim Pro

Author
Rickbass
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 77
2010/10/01 10:01:32 (permalink)

No Sound from dim wit in Dim Pro

This post is a last resort although I did order the cakewalk power synthesizers book. I am a fairly new user and can't get Dim pro to work. I've got the midi keys to work, the audio keys to work, but just can't seem to get anything to happen with Dim pro. The signal path seems to disappear when I plug-in Dim pro. Rig is listed below..win7/64bit, sees all the vst stuff looks good and sees all the plug-ins etc. I have googled and watched videos and no one addresses the setup of the program with cakewalk. Anyhow, I humbly ask for help...Thanks!

Rick Langs  rickbass@tx.rr.com
core-i7/WIN 10/16GigRam64bit/
Dell Studio XPS435MT/
Sonar Platinum/
CalkwalkUA-25EX, Mackie Boards. Smith Bass, Selmer Sax,Flute, Fantom G6 Keys 

3 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:No Sound from dim wit in Dim Pro 2010/10/01 11:28:47 (permalink)
    Can you get other soft synths to work?

And I don't understand "the signal path disappears."  I would guess it is not inserted/enabled correctly.  Try opening the synth rack, inserting from there.  Then you need to find the track that SONAR has opened for DimPro, and click on it to highlight it.  That should make sure you are working on it.  The double (midi/audio) track version might help - that way you can click on each to make sure input is enabled and output is enabled.  If you are using a midi keyboard, teh little midi icon down in the Taskmanager should light up.  If it doesn't, Houston, you have a problem w/ your keyboard.

But you need to supply more info about exactly what you are doing to expect more help.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:No Sound from dim wit in Dim Pro 2010/10/02 00:46:05 (permalink)
    Have you selected a patch in Dimension Pro?  A new synth instance of Dim Pro does not have any patch selected so it will not sound.
    Rickbass
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 77
    Re:No Sound from dim wit in Dim Pro 2010/10/02 15:52:52 (permalink)
    AHHHH, thanks for your help!!! I got it!! I had to have a complete track for the synth itself!! I was trying to insert it into the effects path of the existing track. I feel amazingly intelligent for no apparent reason at all!! Ha ha, just kidding, but I do thank you for getting me over the hump. I also got the z3ta to finally work too. Now, I should have a song written, in the year 2525, oh, wait, someone already wrote that...back to auditioning sounds.

Rick Langs  rickbass@tx.rr.com
    core-i7/WIN 10/16GigRam64bit/
    Dell Studio XPS435MT/
    Sonar Platinum/
    CalkwalkUA-25EX, Mackie Boards. Smith Bass, Selmer Sax,Flute, Fantom G6 Keys 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1