No audio out speakers...need help please

Author
Mantar
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2011/02/05 19:23:37 (permalink)

No audio out speakers...need help please

All right I recently purchased Sonar 7 Home Studio, I also have a pair of M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 speakers and a M-Audio Fast track pro as my interface.

I am running my fast track pro from my laptop and have connected the outputs of the fast track pro into the inputs on the speakers, I also have designated the outputs in sonar to play the Analog 1-2 outputs, I can get sound out of my headphones just fine through my interface but the speakers do not play any sound, I need help with what I am possibly overlooking, Thanks in advance!

5 Replies Related Threads

Mantar
    Re:No audio out speakers...need help please 2011/02/05 20:12:37 (permalink)
    Another quick question, I was told I could plug my guitar straight into my interface and use something in Sonar (My version of Sonar is, Sonar 7 Home Studio) to output the guitar instead of mic'ing up an amp and recording that way...does sonar allow this or do I need something like Guitar Rig or Guitar tracks Pro?
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:No audio out speakers...need help please 2011/02/05 20:40:52 (permalink)
    did you run the wave profiler after installing the fast track pro?  if not then SHS doesn't know the fast track exists.  in fact, instead of running the wave profiler, I'd just suggest you change to ASIO driver mode.  once you do this, however, you need to connect your headphones to the fast track and not to the laptop.  but that's the way you should use it anyway - never use the fast track AND the laptop soundcard at the same time in SHS or you'll have a lot of problems.

to change to ASIO driver mode, go to OPTIONS>AUDIO and change it there, then click APPLY.

the soundcard (fast track pro in this case) is what determines whether you can plug the guitar directly into it or not and yes, you can plug it directly into the Fast track pro.

you can plug it into either input 1 or 2 in the front and make sure you press the button for that input to be INST not LINE (button needs to be OUT).

guitar RIG is just an amp simulator.  if you're wanting an amp simulator, I think SHS7XL version came with studio devil you can use as an amp simulator

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    Re:No audio out speakers...need help please 2011/02/05 23:19:08 (permalink)
    Mantar

Another quick question, I was told I could plug my guitar straight into my interface and use something in Sonar (My version of Sonar is, Sonar 7 Home Studio) to output the guitar instead of mic'ing up an amp and recording that way...does sonar allow this or do I need something like Guitar Rig or Guitar tracks Pro?
    Of course you can do that. Make sure you have Input Echo turned on in the audio track you're trying to record. 

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    Mantar
    Re:No audio out speakers...need help please 2011/02/06 02:54:40 (permalink)
    I had all the drivers set up and Sonar set up correctly as well, I troubleshooted some more and found out the speakers themselves just are not working. I brang in a pair of Yamaha studio monitors and they worked just fine...thx for the replies

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:No audio out speakers...need help please 2011/02/06 04:23:55 (permalink)
    Removed. I read the OP carelessly.
    post edited by Kalle Rantaaho - 2011/02/06 04:25:13

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1