No output for tracks although Sonar X2 has found and used my sound card in demos

Author
ignis
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2013/12/01 08:06:45 (permalink)

No output for tracks although Sonar X2 has found and used my sound card in demos

I hope somebody can help me with this

There is no sound for my audio track, although the demo works and plays.  I have set the output to the RealTek speaker.  But whenever I look at the panel for setting output, the dropdown menu has not selected the speaker... this might not matter because on the main panel, it does say that the Realtek speaker has been selected.

Still no sound coming out... and yes there is some music in there

Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re: No output for tracks although Sonar X2 has found and used my sound card in demos 2013/12/01 09:07:35 (permalink)
Welcome to the forum!
Are you talking about audio or MIDI? How are your record/playback timing master and I/O driver settings in the Preferences?

What output panel are you talking about? SONARs Preferences or Windows?

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
ignis
Re: No output for tracks although Sonar X2 has found and used my sound card in demos 2013/12/01 09:21:12 (permalink)
Hi Kaale! Thank you

I am referring to the audio
playback and recording is 32 bit MME
the playback timing master is set to the RealTek speakers
the record timing master is set to the microphone - but I have just put a few notes on the piano roll to see if it works before plugging in the MIDI device... maybe that is not the way to do it
Also the panel I am referring to is the one to the right of the console emulator, where you can have a drop-down menu for output. It's in the main panel that you see when you first open a project.

hope this helps, thanks for any help you can give

ignis
Re: No output for tracks although Sonar X2 has found and used my sound card in demos 2013/12/01 10:25:15 (permalink)
I can't believe that getting sonar x2 to play my own stuff is this difficult. it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense... does anyone have a link to a pdf only tutorial? 

thanks for any help
ignis

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: No output for tracks although Sonar X2 has found and used my sound card in demos 2013/12/01 10:41:20 (permalink)
There are tutorials in the main menu Help > Getting Started
The same information in pdf format X2 Reference Guide is available for download

BTW, this forum is for older versions of SONAR. You may want to post in the forum above this one for X series users.
Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re: No output for tracks although Sonar X2 has found and used my sound card in demos 2013/12/01 11:47:14 (permalink)
It's not that difficult. You just haven't done any of your homework yet :o)
You say your record timing master is your microphone, which means it's a USB-mic, right ?? A USB mic is a soundcard, and trying to use two sub-par soundcards at the same time, the mic and the RealTek is usually very problematic. Depending on your mic I quess you should use it for both recording and playback.

It's very important to give your full gear specs when asking questions like this. And, as mentioned above, you are in the wrong forum.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1