No real answer

Author
govarney
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2013/08/31 02:41:09 (permalink)

No real answer

Hello, 

I'm new to Music Creater and to creating music in general.  I have downloaded Music Creator 6 Touch from Steam and I'm attempting to do the tutorials.  

I'm doing "MC6 Part3 - Working with Loops" and I don't have the "01 song blocks".  

I that his forum entry   which is exactly my problem, namely that the MC6 and MC6 Touch are different products and MC6 Touch does not come with the "01 sound blocks". 

So my question - How do I do the tutorial ?   Was is my alternative ?  Without the tutorials I find the product hard to use - so have i wasted my money ?

Regards,
G.O.Varney

7 Replies Related Threads

govarney
    Re: No real answer 2013/08/31 20:11:26 (permalink)
    After a bit more of a hunt around on these forums I see many people have had the same issue.   All are newbees like me and need tutorials that work.  The MC6T help points to the MC6 tutorials and they don't work because things were removed from MC6T that were in MC6.  So new question ?

Are new MC6T tutorials planned, and if so when ?

Also in another forum entry Seth Kellogg said "Music Creator 6 and Music Creator 6 Touch have different sample content because we decided to include a better Amplifier simulator and we did not feel that the original included content from Music Creator 6 was up to quality standards for this release."

So here is another newbee question:

Can I create the "missing" loops from MC6 using this new "better Amplifier simulator" ?

If so is there a tutorial showing how to do this ?  (I'm a newbee)

Or is it the worst case scenario....

Have the 5GB of loops that used to be supplied MC6T gone forever and there is nothing in MC6T that can easily (for us newbees) re-create them ? 

Regards
    G.O.Varney

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: No real answer 2013/08/31 20:46:38 (permalink)
    Since this is a user forum, no one on the forum would know about any future plans that Cakewalk may have. Sometimes Cakewalk staff post on the forum but more often the responses are from other forum members. If you want a dialog with the Cakewalk staff the best way would be to contact them directly. This post tells you how to contact Cakewalk.

Not having the exact loops referenced in a tutorial should not be a showstopper. There are also a set of written tutorials in the documentation that you might find helpful. The documentation also discusses how to add effects like the TH2 Creator ampsim to a track.

If you want to strictly work with audio loops there are plenty of them included in the product and gigabytes of 3rd party loops available for free and for fee. Each Cakewalk product has different content. Attempting to recreate the content of a previous version of a product would not be a good use of time IMHO. Better to get on with why you bought the product in the first place and forget about what was included in older versions of the software.

post edited by scook - 2013/08/31 20:47:46
    govarney
    Re: No real answer 2013/08/31 21:37:39 (permalink)
    Thx scook for your feedback. Its most helpful. 

My main reason for buying MC6T was it reminded me of an old program call Do-Re-Mix  (I think from Roland) from the 1980s.  With this program you got 100s of short midi files that could be compiled together and you got a "song". 

I saw tutorial 3 and it looked exactly the same except instead of using midi files it used wav files.   So I bought the MC6T with the expectation of getting all the wav files.  You can see why I was disappointed and trying to find/reproduce them. 

I'll take your suggestion and see what I can find online.

Thanks again
    G.O.Varney
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: No real answer 2013/08/31 21:56:26 (permalink)
    MC6T will work with both MIDI and audio loops (and your own recorded MIDI and audio). Around 5:00 in the Music Creator 6 - Part 4: Using Instruments tutorial covers an example of working with MIDI loops and the Cakewalk Sound Center softsynth. 
    post edited by scook - 2013/08/31 21:58:21
    govarney
    Re: No real answer 2013/09/01 03:55:32 (permalink)
    Kool thx
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: No real answer 2013/09/01 09:56:38 (permalink)
    For some reason the powers that be at Cake decided to change things up and not include some of the loops in the older version with Touch....

I seem to recall someone emailed them about this and cake gave them the missing loops. 

Since this is a user forum, we can't do much more than offer advice.  But, even with the missing loops, MC6t is a very capable recording platform. If you have questions just ask. We will do what we can to help you get started and get over or around the things you don't understand.

FWIW.....I used MC4 which had no loops IIRC for the better part of 3 years creating music.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    govarney
    Re: No real answer 2013/09/01 18:42:58 (permalink)
    Thx for your feedback Guitarhacker
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1