No sound with Edirol M50

Author
NicolasR
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/10/29 16:39:31 (permalink)

No sound with Edirol M50

Hello. I just bought the Edirol M50 and with it, came Sonar LE. I consider miself a real newbie, so please be patient if my questions are reeeaaaaally dumb.

I installed the Edirol onto the computer, but no sound comes out.
I have no other equipments that M50 and my computer, what else do I need in order to at least have some sound?

I've been really patient with reading the manual, but I'm still dumb at this.
If someone gets to read/comment this question, please pretty please avoid really technical terms.

Thx for you time & take care.

1 Reply Related Threads

mintakaX
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 128
    RE: No sound with Edirol M50 2006/11/14 15:44:20 (permalink)
    I see this is a pretty old post, but , I'll give this a shot since I have an M50 and Sonar 6 pe.
    Have you set up the midi inputs and outputs in Sonar ? It should have prompted you for this the first time you ran it.
    If not, go to Options-> Midi devices. There should be 3 entries in the input column each one related to the M50. Select them all.
    If no midi outputs are in the right column, you'll have to insert a soft synth in a project to hear anything from the keyboard.

If that doesnt fix it, try resetting the M50: Push the edit button, then the key on the keyboard corresponding to SYSTEM (on the right hand side somewhere), then the key which corresponds to the number 8 (on the left side of the keyboard), then push the enter key three times, it should stop blinking on the third hit.
    Once you've done that, push the memory button and then the note key which corresponds to the number 1. I cant remember if you nedd to push enter or not... if its blinking, press it.

Dan
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1