Noobie questions about P5

Author
VMX
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2008/05/16 23:45:47 (permalink)

Noobie questions about P5

I have downloaded the trial version of P5, and I have a few questions:

1) When inserting Cyclone, and loading an acidized wav file in it, Cyclone does not respond
to the P5 tempo. Is there some setting somewhere to enable this?

2) When playing just the Groove Matrix, the Arranger windows ALWAYS starts recording,
even though, the button for "ARM Groove Matrix for Recording" is NOT armed,
and also the the ARROW for all Groove Matrix Cells is ONLY pointing toward the Groove Matrix.
Is there a way to use JUST the Groove matrix, and NOT have the Arranger Pane activated?

Thanks for any help.

2 Replies Related Threads

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: Noobie questions about P5 2008/05/17 01:54:00 (permalink)
    1. Long time since I used it, but I noticed there is a little clock icon on each pad, maybe this the tempo sync option for each pad?

2. The play cursor will always play when using the groove matrix, but the results of what you do with the GM will only be recorded when you have the record button armed...you should have an empty arrange pane if the button is not armed. If the arrange pane playing whilst using the GM is annoying you, why not stretch the GM across the entire width of the P5 window so that you cannot see the arrange pane?
    VMX
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Noobie questions about P5 2008/05/17 16:40:55 (permalink)
    1. Thank you very much. I made sure the the pad clock icon was on, and it worked fine, following
    the P5 tempo. Cyclone is just a little jerky during live tempo changes, even in Sonar.

2. Thanks for also clarifying that the pane cursor will always move on the Arranger Pane, even
    when not recording. It really doesn't annoy me, but I thought there might be some way to turn
    it off. I think I'll follow your suggestion about stretching the GM over it, for a clearer GUI.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1