Not playing tracks Guitar tracks

Author
tpb
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2008/09/24 07:37:53 (permalink)

Not playing tracks Guitar tracks

Okay here is what I did instead of recording my backing track through the mixer I converted the MP3 to a wav file then inserted the wav file into track one after I did that the track shows up but when I hit play I get nothing I can load my other music but this not play either, I can move in the track to mark so it is not froze . Am I hosed and need to reload everything any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies Related Threads

Doc_Hollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2289
    RE: Not playing tracks Guitar tracks 2008/09/24 11:08:41 (permalink)
    Tim,

If you start a new project and just record to it does the file play? If not do you get an audio dropout message?

Doc
    MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
    Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
    Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

tpb
    RE: Not playing tracks Guitar tracks 2008/09/24 12:38:01 (permalink)
    No I can arm the track but can not record or play I am not getting a drop indicator, when you click on play it stops right after you click it. This started after I inserted a WAV file into the track, The thrill is gone might of been too LArge of WAV but even after deleting the track and loading a previously recorded track inothing will play
    Thanks for the help Tim
    Doc_Hollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2289
    RE: Not playing tracks Guitar tracks 2008/09/24 16:52:25 (permalink)
    Tim this sounds to me like a resource issue. Have you optimized you PC for recording? If not you might want to check out a document that you can download from Line 6 on PC optimization. You can find it by going to the Line 6 web site and rolling yor mouse over the drop down for support. select manuals. From there select Toneport for the device and select submit. In the list on the next page find the optimization guide for Windows Vista and XP. Follow the directions in there and that should get you along the way to getting your PC optimized.

If you are like most of us and use your PC form more than just recording you will want to create a new user log on. Log in under that new user log on and perform the optimization tips. If you still are expereincing issues a complete reload may be in order.

Doc
    MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
    Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
    Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

tpb
    RE: Not playing tracks Guitar tracks 2008/09/25 07:05:29 (permalink)
    Will give it a go Thanks appreciate the help
    SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Not playing tracks Guitar tracks 2008/09/25 07:41:18 (permalink)
    Hi Tim

Doc's advice, as always, is spot on for optimising your computer - most of us in here have heeded what he advocates with great results.

One thing you might also want to try in the short term is increasing the latency in small steps to see if you get to a point which 'frees up' enough CPU power to get your project moving again.

To access the controls, select Options > Audio from the menu bar and then click on the General tab.

If you are using the WDM/KS drivers, go to the Mixing Latency field and drag the Buffer Size to the right a small amount, i.e. from Fast → Slow, you may need to restart GT for the change to take effect. Now see if your project will play - if not, keep repeating the process until [hopefully] it does.

If your are using ASIO drivers, click on the ASIO Panel to open the settings window.

Hope that gets you going Tim

Steve

Edit - typo

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

tpb
    RE: Not playing tracks Guitar tracks 2008/09/25 09:09:40 (permalink)
    Thanks everyone for the help the problem turned out be a sound card playback setting/conflict got it fixed looked at all the information Doc told me about and will optimize tonight as this computer is in the studio and used just for music production.
    Once again thanks, off to play the blues
    Tim
    SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Not playing tracks Guitar tracks 2008/09/25 09:22:55 (permalink)

Great news Tim - I love blues, I can't wait to hear some of your stuff!

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1