Not recording

Author
userJoe
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/05/01 01:40:09 (permalink)

Not recording

I used home studio 2004 for about a year and with it used the tascam us-122
recently I bought a PRESONUS Firepod and Sonar 4 producers edition.
I hooked the firepod up with sonar and it reconized the interface and I got it so you can choose all the different inputs and outputs for the firepod but it does not pick up any thing into the program. when you tap the mic you can hear it through the firepod headphone jack but it doesn't go through into the program. I dont know what could be the problem. I tried messing with all the different audio stuff like the ASIO and that but none of them changed anyhting. I dont know what the problem is
-Joe Buras

4 Replies Related Threads

WFTurner
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 770
    RE: Not recording 2005/05/01 01:51:57 (permalink)
    Try pressing the input monitoring button on an audio track where you have one of your firepod inputs selected as the audio tracks input.
    post edited by WFTurner - 2005/05/01 01:52:49

William F. Turner
    songwriter
    My Music

Craig Anderton's SSS
    My other favorite forum
    peisrael
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Not recording 2005/05/17 14:32:52 (permalink)
    Firebox has a knob near the right side called "Mix". If you're hearing sound, but not getting any response from Sonar, the knob is probably turned to include "input" rather than just "Playback." Turn it completely clockwise to "Playback"--now you're only hearing what comes back from Sonar. Next, make sure that you've clicked the input monitoring button like WFT said. Next make sure that you've set your track output to Firepod 1-2 Out or to Master and set the output on Master to Firepod 1-2 Out. Now you should be hearing yourself running through Sonar and coming out the headphones. There may be some latency--it's why you might want to switch the Mix knob to include input when you're recording with pre-existing tracks. Finally, to record, make sure you arm the track and press the record button.
    spinlock_1977
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 426
    RE: Not recording 2005/06/13 14:44:08 (permalink)
    Hi Peisrael,

I've got a buddy who is buying a Firebox & Sonar. Are you happy with it?

Also, after checking out the specs for this box, I'm unclear about how you monitor a live recording. The unit has a headphone jack... will this allow you to monitor (via headphones of course) Sonar's OUTPUT (after compression, eq, etc), or can you monitor only the live feed that is going into Sonar?

Many thanks in advance,

Music:  WarrenSpencer1977.com 
    Visit my blog:   www.GeekCrumbs.com

peisrael
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Not recording 2005/08/13 19:42:52 (permalink)
    I'm generally very happy with it. I'm having a weird flanging/echo that only shows up sporatically and only when I'm not playing back or recording, so I'm trying to sort that one out. But the recorded sound is great with low latency (right now I'm doing 10 msec and recording 8 tracks simultaneously).

For monitoring using headphones, there's a "Mixer" knob that allows you to monitor live feed only, SONAR processed only (which includes tracks that you're listening to through input monitoring--i.e., you can hear what you're currently playing (at whatever latency you're doing), including any SONAR signal processing), or a mix of the two, with the ability to vary the relative volume of each. I tend to only do 100% "Playback"--i.e., SONAR processed, including whatever I'm doing now.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1