OK enough with the very specialized political positions!

Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2009/03/23 15:24:06 (permalink)

OK enough with the very specialized political positions!

Man, I thought we had some radicals around (not the tires) when I was growing up. But look at these guys! Someone needs to stop this before it gets out of hand!!

I assume he means pineapple, V8, cranberry, orange, banana, date... anything you can get juice from.

We need to send Jack Lalanne and Anita Bryant in after these guys.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

17 Replies Related Threads

AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 15:35:27 (permalink)
    damn it, its just not for zionist breakfast anymore.

anita bryant channeled by Sat. Night Live.
    post edited by AT - 2009/03/23 15:41:40

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    CLEAN
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2842
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 15:35:43 (permalink)
    Ciindy Sheehan is in our town today - some peace rally thing.

Maybe we could send her to protest?

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    space_cowboy
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 15:49:07 (permalink)
    Cant we send Cindy somewhere that she is needed, like IO? Or Mercury?

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    space_cowboy
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 15:54:09 (permalink)

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 15:57:46 (permalink)
    "Who needs oil...I ride the bus".... what a brilliant person.... obviously a product of the educational system in our country today.

Oh yeah... I hate Juice too... the kind with the added high fructose corn syrup added. That stuff is not good for ya.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2009/03/23 16:04:22

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 17:17:02 (permalink)
    Uhhh...should someone inform the protester that juice is basically just pulverized fruits and/or vegetables, so it's already dead?

Or, maybe he's just protesting the opening of yet another Jamba Juice in his neighborhood - I think I could support that.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 17:52:07 (permalink)
    your juice can never be too dead!

All your juice belong to us.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    ed97643
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1610
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 20:06:59 (permalink)
    Not to be a wet blanket (although I have no issue with that role, if someone needs to be one), let me quote from the rules:

"#3 - Is there anything I can't post or talk about here? ... Specifically, topics related to politics or religion will be instantly deleted and a moderator may slap your wrist via private message. "

Now, I love y'all dearly (and I genuinely respect some of you EVEN THOUGH I know that we disagree politically), for real, let's please try our best to keep (even the non-Sonar based "coffee house") politics-free.

There are SOOO MANY places on the net to grouse about why things aren't better than they might be (...and who might be to blame, in at least some small parts) ...and plenty of blame to go around on all sides... let's keep our beloved forum politics free.

post edited by ed97643 - 2009/03/23 20:13:49

Registered Cakewalk user since 1995
    ricstudioc
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 670
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 20:47:19 (permalink)
    "#3 - Is there anything I can't post or talk about here? ... Specifically, topics related to politics or religion will be instantly deleted and a moderator may slap your wrist via private message. "

Now, I love y'all dearly (and I genuinely respect some of you EVEN THOUGH I know that we disagree politically), for real, let's please try our best to keep (even the non-Sonar based "coffee house") politics-free

Actually, I found the OP to be education-related, which I don't see mentioned in the TOS.

Guy with the sign (assuming he made it) is an illiterate moron - just the kind of guy you want fronting for your cause.

Ric
    keith
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3882
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/23 23:18:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: AT
    All your juice belong to us.

I believe that should be: all your juice are belong to us.

And personally I think it would have been "funnier" if the sign was spelled correctly to begin with... with the "(Zionist)" added after the fact. I can see it now, young radicals toiling away in their Newark apartment...

Radical #1 looks down proudly at his freshly hand-drawn sign.

Radical #1: "There... perfect! 'DEATH TO ALL JEWS'."

Radical #1 takes a second look at his creation. This time, he's not so sure all is "perfect". He needs a second opinion.

Radical #1: [shouting across room] "Hakim, do you think this is too strong... this 'DEATH TO ALL JEWS'? I mean, that's pretty strong language, you know what I mean? Might upset some people."

Radical #2: "Yes, yes. I see what you're saying."

A moment of silence. Radical #1 and Radical #2 ponder their predicament. Finally, a solution.

Radical #2: "Yes, why don't you change it to say 'ZIONIST JEWS'."

An uninteligible argument ensues, mainly because the edit would require a total rewrite of the sign. There's no time. The protest starts in 1 hour and cross-town traffic can be murder this time of day. Finally, Radical #1 capitulates.

Radical #1: "OK! OK! I will do it your way, but I am not doing this sign over! I'll put 'ZIONIST' in tiny letters and parentheses above 'JEWS'. People will get the gist."

And... scene.

Russell.Whaley
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2755
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/24 00:14:05 (permalink)
    *sigh*

jackn2mpu
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2765
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/24 08:02:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ed97643

Not to be a wet blanket (although I have no issue with that role, if someone needs to be one), let me quote from the rules:

Now, I love y'all dearly (and I genuinely respect some of you EVEN THOUGH I know that we disagree politically), for real, let's please try our best to keep (even the non-Sonar based "coffee house") politics-free.

There are SOOO MANY places on the net to grouse about why things aren't better than they might be (...and who might be to blame, in at least some small parts) ...and plenty of blame to go around on all sides... let's keep our beloved forum politics free.

Actually I'd really like to see a REAL coffee house sub-forum like this one wherein you could discuss whatever matters you want. Musicians, by their nature, tend to be political animals, and having a common place to meet where we all know each other is good. And why not have that here? It's a good common meeting ground that you don't have to go searching the net for. Besides, who really needs to belong to ANOTHER web forum?

Jack
    Qapla!
    jinga8
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5817
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/24 08:08:13 (permalink)
    Actually I'd really like to see a REAL coffee house sub-forum like this one wherein you could discuss whatever matters you want. Musicians, by their nature, tend to be political animals, and having a common place to meet where we all know each other is good. And why not have that here? It's a good common meeting ground that you don't have to go searching the net for. Besides, who really needs to belong to ANOTHER web forum?

There would be almost instantaneous chaos: insults, threats, etc. Then the coffee house would be shut down (again). It would be nice if we could be trusted to "keep it civilized", so to speak. But human nature would take over and we'd all be picking sides and ganging up on people and, well, I just don't see how it could ever work. Anonymity + No Accountability= WWIII (Coffee House style...)
    Texrat
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1531
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/24 08:19:47 (permalink)
    Photoshop maybe?
    auto_da_fe
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1866
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/24 08:56:02 (permalink)
    I think he is protesting OJ Simpson and all future OJ Simpsons

JR

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
    Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
    Win 10 64 
    SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
    https://soundcloud.com/airportface
    SvenArne
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2719
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/24 10:58:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jackn2mpu

Actually I'd really like to see a REAL coffee house sub-forum like this one wherein you could discuss whatever matters you want.

'The Juice House' - No death threats!

Sven

space_cowboy
    RE: OK enough with the very specialized political positions! 2009/03/24 11:02:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: auto_da_fe

I think he is protesting OJ Simpson and all future OJ Simpsons

JR

Hey there is a twist!

I wasn't being political. I was pointing out that there is a growing threat to the continuity of all juices.

If I cannot laugh at someone else, I am going to have to laugh at myself. That will make me cry.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1