OT: Brazil vs. Argentina

Author
wrench45us
Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4991
2005/06/03 08:09:30 (permalink)

OT: Brazil vs. Argentina

"World Champions Brazil meet arch rivals Argentina in the Final of the 2004 Copa America Sunday 25 July 2004 at the National Stadium in Lima, Peru.
The last time the two nations met in the competition was in the Cidad del Este in Paraguay when Brazil overcame Argentina 2-1 in the quarter-finals before going on to win the 1999 edition.
Argentina last won a Copa America final in 1993 when they downed Mexico 2-1 in Ecuador.
Brazil and Argentina have played each other 30 times in the Copa - the South America Soccer Championship - with Argentina scoring 15 victories, Brazil 8 and 7 matches being tied."

OK who's going?
Is Rene a football fan?
Is there a football-related clause in the agreement with Cakewalk?
Is it true Cakewalk headquarters is picking up the whole pay-per-view World Cup Soccer South America package?
I can't help but think that somehow this will interfere with productivity in some way: P5 Music.Inspired Tour, NYC Remix Hotel (I assume that's a virtual hotel), Ableton Live 5 challenge and now this. Resources are getting spread thin.

(is this like the most obscure and bogus thread ever?)

3 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: OT: Brazil vs. Argentina 2005/06/03 10:38:07 (permalink)
    OK who's going?

I'm not unfortunately. I'll be in Boston by then.

Is Rene a football fan?

No. Not 'a', I'm THE football fan (or soccer, as you prefer). Last night was a beautiful night, as my team (River Plate) got a superb 1-1 as visitor, for the eights of the Toyota American Cup, while my totally-opposite-team (Boca Juniors) lost 0-4 in Mexico. I had some difficulties trying to relax my smile while sleeping.

And no, I have no hard feelings against Brazil, no. Not even due they won the last American cup final after scoring a goal in offside at 47m of the second half, after Adriano stopped the ball with his hand (well we've done that sometimes too). That means nothing for me. We've confronted Brazil the penta-world champion 91 times, and we have a 3 matches advantage (33-30), being the only team on earth they don't advantage. This match might mean either 34-30 or 32-30, not a big deal. Except that if we don't win, I won't be able to speak for a week.

Is there a football-related clause in the agreement with Cakewalk?

Shiet. I didn't know about those clauses being possible. I think I'll have to talk to Greg again.

I can't help but think that somehow this will interfere with productivity in some way: P5 Music.Inspired Tour, NYC Remix Hotel (I assume that's a virtual hotel), Ableton Live 5 challenge and now this. Resources are getting spread thin.

Well, it won't interfere... unfortunately. Regarding the Live 5 challenge, and after talking to a few cakewalkers, it seems that noone welcomes Live 5 more intensely than us. Motivation sources are scarce, you can't let it go once you catch one!

-René

wrench45us
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4991
    RE: OT: Brazil vs. Argentina 2005/06/03 11:24:14 (permalink)

rene,
    i just had a feeling that all that you mention might be true.

good luck to you and yours.

it all occurred to me last night when I was working on a piece under the headphones with the TV on, but muted and the commercial came on for pay-per-view Brazil vs. Argentina. I was thinking who do I know who'd be interested in that. Yours was the only name I could come up with.
    If you're in Boston then you should definitely talk to Greg about providing a big screen TV and the pay-per-view feed.

fr4ncesco
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 197
    RE: OT: Brazil vs. Argentina 2005/06/04 14:16:02 (permalink)
    well we've done that sometimes too

very fair from you!
    but after that HE offered the world the greatest goal ever

ciao
    Francesco
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1