OT - Hats Off To A Job Well Done! M-Tron Pro

Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2008/11/17 17:55:53 (permalink)

OT - Hats Off To A Job Well Done! M-Tron Pro

I love G-Force Software. They make good replicas of vintage gear at very affordable prices.

I just got the new M-Tron Pro - a major leap over the M-Tron (which I grew to love). It looks like it uses a similar engine to the Virtual String Machine to play back samples either from the original variations of the Mellotron or modern recreations of that hissy grainy sound. Before too many people say "Yeah, like I need another sampler" that is not what this is.

I dont think there is a demo because the sound file is one big 3.5GB beastie. For those with a budget to allow something that has a very different vibe from a long time ago in a Galaxy far far away, the M-Tron Pro, impOSCar, Mellohman...oh and especially the VSM - I wish more companies offered cool products at these prices. G-Force and Audio Damage get my awards for best value and in some cases best in class too.

Just giving credit where credit is due.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

7 Replies Related Threads

Funkybot
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 796
    RE: OT - Hats Off To A Job Well Done! M-Tron Pro 2008/11/17 18:39:09 (permalink)
    I agree with you wholeheartedly on M-Tron Pro. Phenomonal instrument. This one is going to get a lot more use than the original M-Tron even.

I'll even second you on the Audio Damage stuff.

Intel i7 4790k, ASUS Z97-A mobo, 16GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, Windows 10 x64,  UAD2 Duo, RME Fireface 800, Sonar X1/X2 Producer
    space_cowboy
    RE: OT - Hats Off To A Job Well Done! M-Tron Pro 2008/11/17 19:35:58 (permalink)
    I see your M-Tron Pro and raise you an Oddity.

Have you tried that new glitch sequencer effect thing of ADs?

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: OT - Hats Off To A Job Well Done! M-Tron Pro 2008/11/17 19:44:21 (permalink)
    space not being funny, you seem to buy an awful lot of soft/hard ware... when the heck do you get the time to use it?

I emailed them the other day about a bundle.. alas no bundle.. when there is , then I get interested.. they are nice synths but I like bulk buys
    space_cowboy
    RE: OT - Hats Off To A Job Well Done! M-Tron Pro 2008/11/17 20:19:42 (permalink)
    Fog
    I am a junkie. I dont even really play keyboards. I use my Ztar.

I own almost all of the NI line, the AAS line, the G-Force line, the U-he line, the Spectrasonics line... It is sort of embarassing to admit what a chore it is to reinstall everything.

I prefer my hardware, but some of it (My beloved Wave and Memorymoog and 4 voice and modular oh and the Synthi AKS...) are also investments. I paid like $5500 for my Wave. The last one that sold was about 10k. I got a similarly sweet deal on my AKS - around $3500 and the last mint one I saw was 2x that amount.

In the hardware world, I am preserving part of musical history for the next generation - and for fun and profit.

Sometimes I think I have as much fun learning how to create a sound as I do actually using it.

By the way, staying current is very time consuming. But i always download every update and pay for every upgrade.
    post edited by space_cowboy - 2008/11/17 20:20:54

indravayu
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 127
    RE: OT - Hats Off To A Job Well Done! M-Tron Pro 2008/11/17 22:23:16 (permalink)
    I am still waiting for my copy to arrive - very psyched for it!
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: OT - Hats Off To A Job Well Done! M-Tron Pro 2008/11/17 22:32:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

I prefer my hardware, but some of it (My beloved Wave and Memorymoog and 4 voice and modular oh and the Synthi AKS...) are also investments. I paid like $5500 for my Wave. The last one that sold was about 10k. I got a similarly sweet deal on my AKS - around $3500 and the last mint one I saw was 2x that amount.

you'd be at pains to sell them.. be honest.. they aren't an investment.. I know 2 people who collects synths.. one is at pains to part with any of his small collection.. the other NEVER sold any of them and they got shipped from the US etc.. fedex long before it was far easier to search on the net for them (maybe that was better in ways I guess)
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: OT - Hats Off To A Job Well Done! M-Tron Pro 2008/11/17 22:58:14 (permalink)
    Damn it Maurice, do you own every piece of software I do (and probably much more)? I checked on the GForce site and the upgrade price (at $75.00) was just enough to make me hesitate as the original only cost $99.00. But after seeing what you and the others have said I have no choice but to follow suit and upgrade my MTron (which I dearly love...and is evident in several of my mixes). But if you know (as I'm sure you do) the meaning of "quid pro quo" I hereby demand that you at least consider purchasing "The Trumpet" (and, when it is released soon, "Mr. Sax T"...I know, stupid name) from www.samplemodeling.com forthwith!

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1