Helpful ReplyOT (kind of): Has anyone used Snagit (Camtasia's little bro) for video screen capture?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ShellstaX
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 502
Re: OT (kind of): Has anyone used Snagit (Camtasia's little bro) for video screen capture? 2014/07/29 10:23:45 (permalink)
OCD - Tee Hee - not officially diagnosed .
I'm more of a computer type wanting to be a music type.

Been trialing Mirillis Action!. It's taking a lot longer and I've still got things to test but on the surface very impressed with some reservations:
- If your'e wanting to capture Gaming then this is the one. Unlike many this allows capture into Steam.
- Video quality is superb at up to 60fps
- But ... I've got some issues with the proprietary ficv codec for avi. This doesn't work with my go-to Media Player VLC. It works with others including Windows Media Player and other editing tools (that must accept external codecs)
- This probably shouldn't be an issue because it does a great job with direct output to mp4. Including with Intel Quick Sync Video for later compatible devices (mine is) to compress on the fly making files smaller still getting great quality.
- Some GPU accelleration is nice.
- It does not have and editor.
- It's static screen capture is basic.
- The GUI is very good.
- It has a benchmark HUD.
- It has Web Streaming Integration built in 
- It has it's own player.
- It has  an export / converter to various mp4 format for e.g mobile devices.
- Multi channel Audio - yet to test. (Commentary over game tested great).

In Summary:
Techsmith Snagit - A great all round static screen capture/edit utility with pretty good video mode for tutorials and a basic video editor. Very slick - business with a bit of party.
Mirillis Action! - A kickass Game Capture utility with very good video including tutorial capabilities. No editing. Slick - party with a bit of business.   

post edited by ShellstaX - 2014/07/29 10:47:10
TerraSin
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1975
Re: OT (kind of): Has anyone used Snagit (Camtasia's little bro) for video screen capture? 2014/07/30 13:21:06 (permalink)
I've been messing around with Open Broadcaster a bit for a series I'm considering doing. It's a free and open source screen recording and live streaming software that is becoming more and more popular with people who stream videogames on Twitch and people who do youtube videos. It has a lot of options that I've seen so far and looks to run really well. The one thing it's missing is an editing suite but you can always use something like Windows Movie Maker or Lightworks to do that.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1