OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2?

Author
Destructo
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 93
2008/09/07 12:54:26 (permalink)

OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2?

I recently got a Korg padkontrol and superior drummer 2. I'm wondering if anyone has created a template (or it might be called a scene or something) in the padkontrol editor for superior drummer 2 (not the version that comes with the padkontrol). I know it's not hard to do, but the options for triggering superior seem overwhelming, and it's hard to know what a good layout would be. Thanks!

8 Replies Related Threads

yorolpal
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2? 2008/09/07 13:38:20 (permalink)
    I'll chime in as somone who owns a padKontrol also and is too lazy (maybe) to program one up. If someone has one, I'll get in line too.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2? 2008/09/07 13:47:22 (permalink)
    c'mon guys between ya you can make up drum maps etc. I've done loads of late and it's not too tricky.. just takes a bit of time.. and you'll save that back later.

if the notes are mapped different, well you just change the in / out notes..

I can't encourage you to make them, and there's no free t-shirt either..

in the ones I've done for Dimension pro on the instrument part of the forum, theres even a blank template you could use as a starting point

failing that buy me a padkontrol and the other thing, and I'll knock them up..lol
    post edited by Fog - 2008/09/07 13:59:32
    Destructo
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 93
    RE: OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2? 2008/09/07 14:23:45 (permalink)
    We're not talking about a drum map. That is something I'm simply too lazy to do, so I've downloaded one from the toontrack website ;-)

What I'm talking about is deciding on a good configuration for the pads in the padkontrol that makes sense for controling superior. There are many ways this could be done... there are way more keys for triggering superior 2 than there are pads on the padkontrol. Guess I could just sit down and sort it out, but if someone's already done it, I'd love to save the time. Have too little time as it is for making music!
    Fog
    RE: OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2? 2008/09/07 16:06:58 (permalink)
    hence why i used the term drum maps etc.

if someone has already done it good, but if they haven't, then it's always nice to help others. We all have too little time to make music, but hey.
    yorolpal
    • Total Posts : 13829
    RE: OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2? 2008/09/07 22:30:25 (permalink)
    Yea, Fog, it's not like a drum map...but it's just about as easy to do. I've done several for my internal and external drum emulators...but not Superior 2.0 yet. I'll try and get to it but I'm so bogged down what with crossword puzzles, reruns of the Simpsons and "Later with Jools Holland" that It may be awhile.
    post edited by yorolpal - 2008/09/07 22:31:15

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
    https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
    Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    buckybeen
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 335
    RE: OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2? 2008/09/07 23:39:26 (permalink)
    I'm a new user to padkontrol, but I've set several different presets using the "scene" button. I just recall 'em, and start playing. As a side note, is it just me, or does padkontrol sometimes jack up everything else in Sonar? When stuff stops working, I disconnect it, and that'll fix it more times than not. Shouldn't **** though, it sure beats trying to bang out the drums on a keyboard.
    Cheers!

"I think you've got something there. I'll wait outside until you clean it up."
    Twitch
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 372
    RE: OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2? 2008/09/08 00:24:14 (permalink)
    Hey guys.. I'm a long time user of Korg padkontrol.. I don't have SD2, I have made many Scene Data an Scene Kits for other software (Battery 3, Roland Sp606, Session Drummer 2, etc.. ) using the PK there are tons of resources for doing or finding what your looking for.. Check out the www.korgforums.com unless the site is still down... I will do some looking around for you guys okay...

http://www.listenupstudio.com/
    Motu BPM, Cakewalk, Roland MV8000 (8800)

Music is a moral law,
    it gives wings to the mind,
    a soul to the universe,
    flight to the imagination,
    a charm to sadness,
    a life to everything
    Fog
    RE: OT: padkontrol template for superior drummer 2? 2008/09/08 06:44:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: yorolpal

Yea, Fog, it's not like a drum map...but it's just about as easy to do. I've done several for my internal and external drum emulators...but not Superior 2.0 yet. I'll try and get to it but I'm so bogged down what with crossword puzzles, reruns of the Simpsons and "Later with Jools Holland" that It may be awhile.

I remember sitting in a studio in hmm 96 with a so called producer and a friend, who sat there doing a crossword while my friend (the engineer) built / made the tune... and yet he got a credit for the tune

my friend got fed up of working, engineering and other peoples work.. I wonder why..lol

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1