OT-some kind of video card

Author
artsoul
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1985
2008/11/06 05:30:14 (permalink)

OT-some kind of video card

Hi Folks,

I am wanting to capture video from my hard disk TV recorder to make video montages for gigs. I will be using this pooter (which isnt used for music so I can safely put stuff on it), is there a card I can get (Cheaply) that will take the connections and enable me to "rip" the video on to this hard drive. I believe its the standard connectors ie Scart and the 3 phonos (red, white, and yellow)

thanks in advance

Andy

4 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: OT-some kind of video card 2008/11/06 05:34:47 (permalink)
    well since your in the UK have a look at

www.ebuyer.com or www.scan.co.uk or www.dabs.com

hauppage etc probably do something your looking at.. the reviews on ebuyer people submit are pretty non bias also..

and NO they are nothing to do with ebay (the silly amount of people that ask me that..hehe)

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=video+capture&x=0&y=0

brings up a few things.

the red / white / yellow combo might be composite, not the best quality.. that red/white are used for the audio. a better combo would be super-vhs + audio.

I converted my sisters old wedding video from vhs, but I know a woman who works in a conversion place, so she converted it for me in her lunch break.hehe

If you know someone with a mac and final cut pro, well that's very good.

it depends on the original footage also, as you might want to clean it up. ulead do a number of video editing things, haven't used them but you can trial them.
    post edited by Fog - 2008/11/06 05:39:03
    artsoul
    RE: OT-some kind of video card 2008/11/06 05:39:05 (permalink)
    Thanks Fog, I'm guessing its a pretty standard thing?
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: OT-some kind of video card 2008/11/06 05:44:15 (permalink)
    yep, I mean I used to do support / installs for the mac side of it. A lot of my customers were using things like DV etc.. broadcast quality, but yep you don't have to spend a fortune to get decent results. Mike McCue and others probably use DV / beta etc.

it's pretty standard, it just depends on the end result you want.. my friends videos were all done using final cut pro and they are broadcast quality.. 10 pc's were used to make the animation on the (the 2nd one) and it took ages to render it , we called his house pc world for a while..hehe.. http://www.eskb.co.uk/

artsoul
    RE: OT-some kind of video card 2008/11/06 05:59:46 (permalink)
    Thanks Fog,

tha quality isn't superimportant---most of the stuff is vintage and news stuff----cutups etc. and for my residency it will be projected on to the stage wall anyway
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1