Observation: Adding Text Notes to Audio Tracks

Author
larrymcg
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1310
2010/07/28 13:21:57 (permalink)

Observation: Adding Text Notes to Audio Tracks

As I recently noted in another post, SHS7 does not allow audio events in the event list for an audio track to be edited.
This has an interesting side effect.  I sometimes like to add Text events to a track and I do it in the event list for that track.

In a midi track event list, you click "Insert a new event" and it makes a new event which is a copy of an existing event.  I can then turn that event into a Text event.

In an audio track event list, the "Insert a new event" also generated a new audio event which is a copy of an existing event but then you can NOT edit it to be a Text event or whatever you might want.

However, if a Text event is already in the audio track when the project comes to SHS7 (via a PA9 .bun file, for example), the text event shows up in SHS7 and can be edited.

Strange but true.......

--Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1