Octa Capture driver isn't reconized by Win 10 any longer. (RESOLVED)

Author
Jesse G
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4282
2018/11/14 20:06:01 (permalink)

Octa Capture driver isn't reconized by Win 10 any longer. (RESOLVED)

Hey All,

I had a windows update on my Studio computer and I allowed it to update thinking there wouldn't be a problem. After my computer rebooted, my Roland Octa Capture driver wasn't recolonized any longer.

What happens now is that The computers sees the Octa Capture but it can't find the driver for it.
I went to the Roland site and the site states that the driver for Windows 10 is supplied with windows updates. I ran Windows Updates and the driver that is installed is incompatible with the Windows 10.

I uninstalled anything on my computer having to do with Octa Capture and the drive,  but each time it attempts to install the driver the message states that the driver is incompatible.

I had an older driver that worked with Windows 8.1 on a USB Flash drive so I tried that using compatibility mode and set it to Windows 8, however that did not work. 

See specs in the signature:

Any Ideas as to what might be going on.???

post edited by Jesse G - 2018/11/14 22:24:31

Peace,
Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
==============================
Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/

1 Reply Related Threads

Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    Re: Octa Capture driver isn't reconized by Win 10 any longer. (RESOLVED) 2018/11/14 22:31:31 (permalink)
    Hello All,

The Culprit was Windows Defender!!!!! 
    It was updated when Windows 10 wa updated and the change Block the Octa Capture installation of the driver, or something of that nature.  I decided to disable Windows Defender and try an alternate antivirus solution. I chose Norton AntiVirus Basic for the $19.99 yearly subscription. 

I went into Windows Defender and turned everyting off and installed Norton Basic.
    When I restarted the computer, the Octa Capture started installing the driver after it was turned back on.

Whew, I am so relieved.

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1