Off_by.sfz

Author
lawapa
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1144
2006/07/06 00:23:05 (permalink)

Off_by.sfz

I know. The sfz2.0 spec has not been released yet. And I do keep interupting the process.

The major problem is I'm having to much fun.

<region>
sample=C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Multisamples\006 - triangle multi.wav
oscillator=on
group=1
off_by=2
off_mode=normal
pan=-100

<region>
sample=C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Multisamples\018 - saw ober.wav
oscillator=on
group=2
off_by=3
off_mode=normal
pan=100
delay=.8

<region>
sample=C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Multisamples\047 - partials 04.wav
oscillator=on
group=3
off_by=4
off_mode=normal
pan=-50
delay=1.5

<region>
sample=C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Multisamples\053 - zeta add 4.wav
oscillator=on
group=4
pan=50
delay=2.0

Now I bet Chad knows what I was trying to do. And we all know Rene knows. And If I keep this up I'll owe him a case of Argentina's finest Like Chad.

There is a possiblity the off_by= simply will not work with wavetables. But ya know I got to try
When you have the most powerful synth on the market in your tool kit. A little pushin it comes with the terriory.

I never did get around to asking. the lfo_16 What would happen with lfo_12? I know, do it and find out

6 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Off_by.sfz 2006/07/06 09:57:06 (permalink)
    you are trying to make a small sequence of wavetables via delays + off_by.
    Now I find this interesting. I'd been experimenting on & on with 'static' wavetable sequences. That is, physically copying/pasting them end-to-end as a progression in an audio editor, and saving the results. The problem there lies in the delay between creation and audition. You've never quite sure of what you have until it's done, (although I'm getting better at predicting the results).

I should've realized that it'd be easier to treat the wavetables as a Look-Up Table. This opens up the possibility of accessing the waveforms in controlled, mathematical ways: forward, reverse, random, etc. Beyond that, it's got to be easier to rearrange a few lines of text than it is to break up a locked-in sequence. Thanks for flicking on that unexpected night light, guys.
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: Off_by.sfz 2006/07/06 11:24:07 (permalink)
    ok.....I want in....I want to play too...

I have rapture -check

I have a text editor (note pad) -check

I have no clue where to start -check

guess i will have to wait until I get home to look into it more. works boring today... I wish we had the whole week off.

lawapa
    RE: Off_by.sfz 2006/07/06 20:16:55 (permalink)
    I think that the sequencing deserves its own post, I'll open up a new discussion.

sfz_geek=on

Oooo-Oooo in my best horshack/sweathog voice he replied. While what I was looking for was one region silences the next in a string. Now I've used the amp step gens to rework my wave sequences. And I still have that sfz

off_mode=normal I was going to use a ampeg to fade one to another. Write one string. Then do another string where the on time was differnt so I had several groups fading in and out with overlap.

<global>
    oscillator=on
    off_mode=fast

The group example in my doc left out the importand bit< > I first wrote this defining group as group=006 - triangle multi.wav
    Didn't load The error box was full so I redid. and posted. That loaded but the wave files did not stop on next wave file start.

10: We have got to figure a way to get this going for ya. Once you have those feet wet man you will be in synth heaven.
    lawapa
    RE: Off_by.sfz 2006/07/06 20:32:27 (permalink)
    That is, physically copying/pasting them end-to-end as a progression in an audio editor, and saving the results. The problem there lies in the delay between creation and audition.

Tom as you know I have been doing just that. But The major beef was this. By using a copy-paste process the resulting wave file plays faster and slower. Now I can do the math and set up a wave file that changes to beat but as soon as I'm a few semi tones away from the root it's not on anymore. This is where the sfz shines big time because you can set by time. and that times stay consistent no matter how far away you get. But just using the GUI the limit is six wavefile loops. Not in sfz. No limit as I can discern. Well, the limit is how thick can it get before it's to much. So my wave sequence stuff written in sfz could have more. But then why use wave files if the wavetables can do the same or better. and well I do like to mix them up as much as I can. I find a nice mix with tables/waves give me mucho tone.
    post edited by lawapa - 2006/07/06 20:43:59
    lawapa
    RE: Off_by.sfz 2006/07/07 00:10:02 (permalink)
    Chad:

Yep the sounds didn't die on new group. It all added just as my sfz did and they all kept going. I was hoping for the 2nd one stopping the first and so on.

I have done the loop/gui/amp step gen thing. It Rocks so fine. My first one was the hand drawn in the amp eg. But the limit in the gui is six plus the time limit as per step or multiples of each step. Do not get me wrong here. I'm just trying to set everything I can using sfz. I understand the precission with with it can used to great effect.

If I map a drum loop out per time/duration/next and set to text file I have a map I can use to sequence wavetables. But I must be able to stop a sound. either fast or slow. with the next sound
    lawapa
    RE: Off_by.sfz 2006/07/07 15:49:28 (permalink)
    Yes, You were right I did not understand the off_by as it is to be implimented. But the delay_beets did function as I wanted with the exception of, Specifying by time the start and or/end of a wavetable. So my whole sfz was flawed from conception

This happens, Often, As I get up and running here. But that is the beauty of this whole process. It does work.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1