Author
Steve_Karl
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2534
2018/02/05 08:08:29 (permalink)

Omnisphere: Problem after latest (2.4.0f) update

Hi there, 
On Windows 7 Pro 64bit - Sonar Platinum 2017.01
I just updated to Omnisphere 2_4_0f and have a problem with the notes box in the tags area, but only in the plugin version inside of Sonar Platinum 2017.01.

When saving a patch I add text to the notes box at the bottom put my self in as co author by clicking my name in the list at the top right, maybe also click something for type or genre' and then the text characters in the notes box change to an Asian alphabet of some kind making them unreadable to me.

This one happens in the plugin version. The new Stand Alone version is ok.

I've emailed Spectrasonics and am waiting for something to come back on this but I thought maybe someone here might have an idea.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve Karl
https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
SPLAT 2017.01

3 Replies Related Threads

Resonant Serpent
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: Omnisphere: Problem after latest (2.4.0f) update 2018/03/31 00:19:14 (permalink)
    Did you ever receive a response for this?

Working on a old track today for a project. Every time I type in the search field for Omnisphere, I get blank results and Asian characters replace whatever English I've typed into the search zone. This only happens in Sonar. Other hosts work as they should.

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
    Steve_Karl
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2534
    Re: Omnisphere: Problem after latest (2.4.0f) update 2018/03/31 11:17:07 (permalink)
    Yes. Spectrasonics support sent me a patch in about 6 days that fixed it.
    I'm running 2.4.0G now.

I don't know if they plan to include the fix in their next official update, so the solution to your problem is to email them and tell them what your experiencing.

The problem is with Sonar and no other reported DAW so we're very lucky that Spectrasonics is so on top of it.

Steve Karl
    https://soundcloud.com/steve_karl
    SPLAT 2017.01
    Resonant Serpent
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: Omnisphere: Problem after latest (2.4.0f) update 2018/04/01 01:28:29 (permalink)
    Thank you for the response. I contacted Spectrasonics.

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1