Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
jwh
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 754
2010/07/22 13:07:54 (permalink)

One Week Later !!!!!!! SOLVED!!!!!!!!

Hi,
I still have this error message and I can't find a way to get rid of it, it first appeared on the 16th July
this is when it appears, options>audio>asio panel ,when I adjust the asio buffer size, and then hit
the apply button, it comes up with a box and it says, device currently used by another application,
to have settings take effect, quit all such applications, then restart the application. I e-mailed Cake tech, and they told me to
go into the Sonar file, and delete the AUD file, or the AUD.INI file,then un-install my diver, and then re-install it. but when I look in the Sonar file it has 1 AUD file,and 17 AUD.INI files do I delete all of them ? I even thought I could rid of this by getting rid of my UA-25, and buying the new V-Studio 20, but the same message is still coming up and I really can't work properly, can anyone help out I posted this about 6 days ago originally and thought Cake tech might help!!!! but I have to wait two days, everytime I ask them a question, so if anybody knows how to get rid of this, and get me working again, I would be grateful.
Thanks
John
post edited by jwh - 2010/07/23 11:24:08

i7/16GB RAM, Win 10 X 64, Sonar Platinum
Komplete Audio 6, HagstromF200P, Ibanez Talman, Fender Bass, Rokit 8 Monitors, Maschine MK2, TC Voicelive Touch, Spark LE  

http://www.reverbnation.com/thesubroom 
http://www.facebook.com/thesubroom   

33 Replies Related Threads

mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 13:11:19 (permalink)
    yes delete all those aud files. sonar will create a new one when it restarts...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    ba_midi
    • Total Posts : 14061
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 13:14:43 (permalink)
    The only AUD.INI file that really matters is the one specifically for your user account (the user you log into windows as) / setup in windows.

This is normally in the c:\documents and settings\yourusername\application data\cakewalk in 32bit Windows OS.
    I believe it's in the "User" folder for Windows 7 (someone else can check me on that I hope since I use 32bit OS).

You need to NOT be running Sonar.  You should also backup this aud.ini file FIRST before deleting.
    Then delete it.   Launch Sonar.   Sonar will recreate it.
    But then you should go through all your AUDIO, MIDI and GLOBAL options to make sure you re-set any settings you had before deleting the aud.ini file, since the AUD.INI holds a number of configuration settings.

I hope that helps.

post edited by ba_midi - 2010/07/22 13:16:31

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    jwh
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 13:22:33 (permalink)
    I'll try what both of you have suggested. Do you know of this happening before to anyone else ?
    John

Komplete Audio 6, HagstromF200P, Ibanez Talman, Fender Bass, Rokit 8 Monitors, Maschine MK2, TC Voicelive Touch, Spark LE  

jwh
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 13:41:17 (permalink)
    Hi,
    I tried what you both suggested and to no avail still this bl***y thing comes up, I did notice when I went into devices and printers, and clicked on the V-20 icon I could move the slider on the asio pane,l but when I went back into Sonar
    the same error message appeared !!!!!!!!!!

John

CJaysMusic
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 14:09:29 (permalink)
    Maybe there is a registry error in your pc that is masking this code come up. I dunno?? Maybe cleaning your registry with CCleaner may help it.  http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

I use it to clean my registry after uninstalling programs form my pc and i also use it to clean my temp file also. It could be worth a try
    cJ

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 14:21:30 (permalink)
    when I adjust the asio buffer size, and then hit the apply button, it comes up with a box and it says, device currently used by another application

ASIO is not multi-tasking like WDM/KS and only one application at a time can talk to it.

If you are able to adjust the buffers via the ASIO control panel when SONAR is not running, that would tell you that it's SONAR that is the "other application". In that case, you should be able to get around the problem by enabling the "share audio drivers with other programs" option in SONAR (Options -> Audio -> Advanced). What this does is tell SONAR to close the connection to the driver whenever SONAR loses focus so that another program can access the driver.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    CJaysMusic
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 15:20:13 (permalink)
    He tried that last week and he said that checking the share drivers with other programs didn't help.
    CJ

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 15:59:53 (permalink)
    John, what else have you got running on your machine ?

I'm suspecting a few things..

something in the background is using your roland as a "default card" do you have anything in the task bar like skype / msn etc? (something that is basically "locking" the sample rate)

when you run sonar in win7 , try doing it with a right click "run as admin" when setting it up ?

in control panel set the default card to "realtek" .. if anything else is trying to use a card, it'll rather use that instead of the roland..

In the audio setup, you'll see 2 sets of boxes for the roland , ONLY have that ticked and untick any other onboard cards  and apply..

as for the drivers, when you installed did you do "run as admin" , as mentioned before.. if that don't work .. unplug the roland.. uninstall the drivers ..use ccleaner (get it off www.filehippo.com as piriform don't host it) reg cleaner

download the latest roland drivers WITHOUT the device plugged in as "run as admin"  , shut down
    plug in the roland and hopefully it'll "find new hardware" etc

it's something that your not telling us or something in your setup (I had that prob years ago).. perhaps the settings on the box itself?  just a thought as otherwise there would be loads of posts in the hardware bit saying it didn't work

NoKey
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 974
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 16:11:29 (permalink)
    bitflipper

when I adjust the asio buffer size, and then hit the apply button, it comes up with a box and it says, device currently used by another application

ASIO is not multi-tasking like WDM/KS and only one application at a time can talk to it.

Bitflipper, I don't find this statement to be correct...I have various applications use the same ASIO driver simultaneously.

Do you have any documentation that supports what you state?

I am curious and want to have my understanding clear on this fundamental things.

Thanks.

Songs I've produced with Sonar LE: http://www.soundclick.com...ult.cfm?bandID=1086857
    jwh
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 16:53:06 (permalink)
    Hi Guys,
    I've tried just about everything including the registry cleaner, if only there was a way to find out (device currently used by another application) what that device was switch it off and get back on track!!!! is this looking at it too simply ?
    And NoKey give me a break here, I'm trying to get my system to work, if you need to know anything start a new thread, Idon't say this in a nasty way but this is now really frustrating!!!!!

John

ba_midi
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 16:56:39 (permalink)
    jwh

Hi Guys,
    I've tried just about everything including the registry cleaner, if only there was a way to find out (device currently used by another application) what that device was switch it off and get back on track!!!! is this looking at it too simply ?
    And NoKey give me a break here, I'm trying to get my system to work, if you need to know anything start a new thread, Idon't say this in a nasty way but this is now really frustrating!!!!!

John

John,
    I think you mentioned you have a V-20 there as well as the UA card?   I'm not sure, but maybe it has something to do with that?

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

jwh
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 17:07:43 (permalink)
    ba_midi

jwh

Hi Guys,

John
    John,
    I think you mentioned you have a V-20 there as well as the UA card?   I'm not sure, but maybe it has something to do with that?

Hi Billy,
    I bought the V-20 thinking this would solve my problem of this error,but the thing is still there,so I am now using the V-20, all this happened a week ago, when I downloaded the upgrade for Dim Pro, and I even deleted Dim Pro to see if that got rid of the prolem,but again no,have you ever heard of this before ?

John 

ba_midi
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 17:14:43 (permalink)
    Hi Billy, I bought the V-20 thinking this would solve my problem of this error,but the thing is still there,so I am now using the V-20, all this happened a week ago, when I downloaded the upgrade for Dim Pro, and I even deleted Dim Pro to see if that got rid of the prolem,but again no,have you ever heard of this before ? John

John,
    I have seen others have this problem, yes.  And - more often than not, it was a 'driver sharing' problem (which is usually solved by checking the "Share Drivers" option in Sonar).

However, computers can be finicky as we all know ;)   And, with the move to 64bit still in its infancy, I think there are a lot of 'extra' issues -- especially with the drivers for hardware, and of course software.

So it's possible you've hit an extraordinary situation (one we may all learn from if/when solved).

An example of this is a recent thread where someone went through a lot of the "usual" recommendations for getting rid of clicks/pops/dropouts -- none of which worked.  I suggested (based on someone else's experience) adjusting their power settings to maximum -- and that solved the problem.

So I think continuing to work this through, as you are trying to do, is helpful to everyone along with you.

The message you've gotten is probably true -- in the sense it's telling you there is some conflict with another device; so tracking that down may take some more deductive measures.
    For example ... if you disconnect any one thing that may be a conflicting device, what is the result?   That's what I mean be being deductive.  Trying one thing at a time, seeing the result.

Also - making sure you have the latest "known to work with your setup/OS" drivers has to be checked.  Though I suspect you've done that.

When I don't have a good answer, I try to be suggestive.  IOW, get the user to think, and be deductive in approach.  Something may shake out.

And, keeping those of us watching this thread informed can help.  Any one thing you say MAY shake out another idea toward solution.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

jwh
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 17:21:50 (permalink)
    ba_midi

Hi Billy, I bought the V-20 thinking this would solve my problem of this error,but the thing is still there,so I am now using the V-20, all this happened a week ago, when I downloaded the upgrade for Dim Pro, and I even deleted Dim Pro to see if that got rid of the prolem,but again no,have you ever heard of this before ? John

John,
    I have seen others have this problem, yes.  And - more often than not, it was a 'driver sharing' problem (which is usually solved by checking the "Share Drivers" option in Sonar).

However, computers can be finicky as we all know ;)   And, with the move to 64bit still in its infancy, I think there are a lot of 'extra' issues -- especially with the drivers for hardware, and of course software.

So it's possible you've hit an extraordinary situation (one we may all learn from if/when solved).

An example of this is a recent thread where someone went through a lot of the "usual" recommendations for getting rid of clicks/pops/dropouts -- none of which worked.  I suggested (based on someone else's experience) adjusting their power settings to maximum -- and that solved the problem.

So I think continuing to work this through, as you are trying to do, is helpful to everyone along with you.

The message you've gotten is probably true -- in the sense it's telling you there is some conflict with another device; so tracking that down may take some more deductive measures.
    For example ... if you disconnect any one thing that may be a conflicting device, what is the result?   That's what I mean be being deductive.  Trying one thing at a time, seeing the result.

Also - making sure you have the latest "known to work with your setup/OS" drivers has to be checked.  Though I suspect you've done that.

When I don't have a good answer, I try to be suggestive.  IOW, get the user to think, and be deductive in approach.  Something may shake out.

And, keeping those of us watching this thread informed can help.  Any one thing you say MAY shake out another idea toward solution.

Billy,
    Would it make any sense to delete my recent work on Sonar (I obviously have the material on my external drive) un-install Sonar and then re-install it ?
    John

ba_midi
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 17:30:39 (permalink)
    Billy, Would it make any sense to delete my recent work on Sonar (I obviously have the material on my external drive) un-install Sonar and then re-install it ? John

Normally I don't recommend the uninstall/reinstall approach until at least enough other approaches have been explored.

But, sometimes it really is the only option left.   This MAY be the case in your situation.

I would do a full backup first, of course, at least of your OS drive (normally drive C:, where Sonar and the OS is installed) as a precaution.

Then I would do a full uninstall of Sonar.  Reboot.  Then reinstall.  And reboot once after the initial install.

You may also wish to do a "custom" install (it's an option during the install procedure) rather than the "normal/basic".  If you select custom, most of the options are already checked like a normal install, but I would then go through the list to make sure the ones you want ARE checked.   Some will be unchecked and generally can be left unchecked (some of the older plugins, for example, which aren't really useful and most wont' work on 64bit anyway).

But you can always do a normal install just to get going too.

IF you discover you have the same problem after all that - then it at least deduces that it's not Sonar that has the problem, but rather it's probably one of the device drivers (audio is highly suspect) or a Windows driver (might also be audio).

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

jwh
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 17:43:24 (permalink)
    ba_midi

Billy, Would it make any sense to delete my recent work on Sonar (I obviously have the material on my external drive) un-install Sonar and then re-install it ? John

Normally I don't recommend the uninstall/reinstall approach until at least enough other approaches have been explored.

But, sometimes it really is the only option left.   This MAY be the case in your situation.

I would do a full backup first, of course, at least of your OS drive (normally drive C:, where Sonar and the OS is installed) as a precaution.

Then I would do a full uninstall of Sonar.  Reboot.  Then reinstall.  And reboot once after the initial install.

You may also wish to do a "custom" install (it's an option during the install procedure) rather than the "normal/basic".  If you select custom, most of the options are already checked like a normal install, but I would then go through the list to make sure the ones you want ARE checked.   Some will be unchecked and generally can be left unchecked (some of the older plugins, for example, which aren't really useful and most wont' work on 64bit anyway).

But you can always do a normal install just to get going too.

IF you discover you have the same problem after all that - then it at least deduces that it's not Sonar that has the problem, but rather it's probably one of the device drivers (audio is highly suspect) or a Windows driver (might also be audio).

Billy,
    Thanks for sticking with this to-night,although this won't make any difference, my system is 64bit, but I run Sonar on 32bit
    I like a lot of the 32bit plugins I am going to un-install and then re-install Sonar tomorrow.I'll post tomorrow on how I get on
    Cheers
    John 

ba_midi
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 17:47:31 (permalink)
    Billy, Thanks for sticking with this to-night,although this won't make any difference, my system is 64bit, but I run Sonar on 32bit I like a lot of the 32bit plugins I am going to un-install and then re-install Sonar tomorrow.I'll post tomorrow on how I get on Cheers John

John,
    You're more than welcome, it's my pleasure to help if/where/when I can.  I'm getting ready to leave on vacation in the morning, but I'll be online once I land.  

I wish you luck with the installation.   I don't know if you want to go strictly 64bit since you have a 64bit system, but it may solve some problems (and create new ones, lol).

But there are enough good/helpful people here who are fully 64bit that would be able to offer help in that regard.  So perhaps you might as well go for it -- unless there's some reason you need to stay in 32bit mode.

BTW, If I understand correctly from others, it's possible to have both 32 and 64bit install of Sonar on the same machine.  I don't know the mechanics of doing so personally, but again we have the benefit of some great minds and helpful people here.

Good luck John.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

thomasabarnes
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3234
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 17:59:34 (permalink)
    Hi John:

A simple thing to try is to just do a system restore to a point in time when you were not getting this error. In my experience, system restore in Vista and Win 7 is Excellent.

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
    jwh
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 18:48:56 (permalink)
    thomasabarnes

Hi John:

A simple thing to try is to just do a system restore to a point in time when you were not getting this error. In my experience, system restore in Vista and Win 7 is Excellent.
    Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for the input, I did try this, but still didn't work.I'm begining to tear my hair out here now !!!!!!!! I just don't know what to do.
    John 

Middleman
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4397
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/22 19:30:14 (permalink)
    Is media player running anything in the background?

Are system sounds turned off in windows?

Gear: A bunch of stuff.
    NoKey
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 00:11:48 (permalink)
    jwh

jwh,

I questioned the statement in concern for your own self-interest that the problem be solved, not because I wanted to know anything as you suppose, or distract interest from your issue.

I believe that if something is contributed that is not based on fact, it can lead astray. I don't happen to have the problem that you do have, and I hope it gets resolved.

Songs I've produced with Sonar LE: http://www.soundclick.com...ult.cfm?bandID=1086857
    jwh
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 06:12:40 (permalink)
    NoKey

jwh

jwh,

I questioned the statement in concern for your own self-interest that the problem be solved, not because I wanted to know anything as you suppose, or distract interest from your issue.

I believe that if something is contributed that is not based on fact, it can lead astray. I don't happen to have the problem that you do have, and I hope it gets resolved.
    NoKey,
    Sorry if I seemed to infer that you were trying to distract interest away from my problem,but as you can imagine
    it's just really frustrating when your system throws something at you, that is difficult to rectify,I appreciate you were only
    trying to help.
    Thanks
    John

jwh
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 11:36:54 (permalink)
    It's FIXED!!!!!!!!!! I took your advice Fog and re-installed my onboard sound card, (set the default card to "realtek" .. if anything else is trying to use a card, it'll rather use that instead of the roland..) And it seems to have worked. Thank you very much for your advice,and thanks to everyone else for your input also. I can get back to recording music now.

Thanks again everyone!!

John 

bitflipper
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 13:56:07 (permalink)
    Wait a minute...don't leave us hanging, John! You never did find out what was actually occupying the ASIO driver and thereby preventing it from being accessed by the ASIO control panel. Was it Windows sounds? Some other audio application? A background process? That would be news we'd want to know!

My Stuff
    thomasabarnes
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3234
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 14:00:09 (permalink)
    Yeah, John, what bitflipper said. :) if you know what it was.

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
    bitflipper
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 14:08:37 (permalink)
    Bitflipper, I don't find this statement to be correct...I have various applications use the same ASIO driver simultaneously. Do you have any documentation that supports what you state?

Documentation? We don' need no steenking papers!

OK, here's one: "The ASIO driver is not multi-client. Only one application at a time can use the ASIO driver." - from the Digidesign ASIO Driver Usage Guide.

Of course, this statement is easily proven experimentally. Try to open your ASIO control panel with SONAR running and the share-drivers option turned off.

Are you sure you're using a native ASIO driver, or are you using ASIO4All? The latter is not an actual ASIO driver.

My Stuff
    NoKey
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 17:05:21 (permalink)
    bitflipper

Bitflipper, I don't find this statement to be correct...I have various applications use the same ASIO driver simultaneously. Do you have any documentation that supports what you state?

Documentation? We don' need no steenking papers!

OK, here's one: "The ASIO driver is not multi-client. Only one application at a time can use the ASIO driver." - from the Digidesign ASIO Driver Usage Guide.

Of course, this statement is easily proven experimentally. Try to open your ASIO control panel with SONAR running and the share-drivers option turned off.

Are you sure you're using a native ASIO driver, or are you using ASIO4All? The latter is not an actual ASIO driver.

Hi Bitflipper,

I also don't need no steenkin papers to know that my Audigy 2 ZS has multi-client ASIO-2 drivers. That's why I questioned your generalization that ASIO drivers are not multi-client.

I have since I got the card, used it, even outside of Sonar been playing several stand-alone softsynths and in each I can access its ASIO control panel..I can have different ASIO settings for each one; different latencies, different buffers, and even different bit rates.

I can, and do run Sonar as anther client in the same fashion. "Sharing drivers", or not, makes no difference here.

In fact, I first start my stand-alone instruments, and then when I want to record what I  am playing I run Sonar. I don't need Sonar to take exclussive of my soft-synths that way. All my instruments are stand-alone.

And I also run some VSTi instruments that are not available as stand-alone, using VST-host (which makes them practically free standing)..I also can put VSTi's in Sonar if I want to, and I have..But I don't. I do have various VST effects on Sonar's audio tracks though as basics on my main template.

You have quoted from Digidesign, another hardware/software maker who says its ASIO driver is not multi client, but that does not support a genralized statement that ASIO is not multiclient.  It is up to the ASIO driver maker, whether it is or not.

My card is basically an EMU product under Creative name, and I read just now, even in this forum past threads that say that some cards have multi-client drivers and some don't.

I also read from Steinberg (the ASIO people), that the trend is that all have multi-client capabilities and some newer features, specially for the newer 64 bit Windows softwares and hardwares..So they have that new ASIO 2.2   spec out already.

Thanks for replying.

PS: jwh it's good to hear you are back into playing.

losguy
    Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5506
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! SOLVED!!!!!!!! 2010/07/23 17:29:57 (permalink)
    I'll venture a guess that it was Windows looking for SOMEWHERE to spit out its sounds. That's not just for dumb things like the IE link "tick", it's for other built-in things like Media Player, Windows Live Viewer, and Media Center (if applicable).  It seems you have to work very hard to steer Windows away from a soundcard.  I gave up a long time ago and started using whatever onboard (or otherwise cheap) sound device to act as a "decoy" for the system sounds.  Made life much easier... and I can actually better manage the "barrier" between what's Windows audio and what's Pro audio.

For monitoring purposes (or for taking a break and watching YouTube videos, HomeStarRunner, etc.), I route the system audio (analog) back through a spare audio mixer channel.  Cheap multimedia speakers can work OK for this purpose too.
    Edit: That's just my preference, of course.  And I'm also curious to know if it actually was this cause, or some other cause.
    post edited by losguy - 2010/07/23 17:32:11

Psalm 30:12
    All pure waves converge at the Origin
    NoKey
    Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! SOLVED!!!!!!!! 2010/07/23 17:37:22 (permalink)
    losguy

I'll venture a guess that it was Windows looking for SOMEWHERE to spit out its sounds. That's not just for dumb things like the IE link "tick", it's for other built-in things like Media Player, Windows Live Viewer, and Media Center (if applicable).  It seems you have to work very hard to steer Windows away from a soundcard.  I gave up a long time ago and started using whatever onboard (or otherwise cheap) sound device to act as a "decoy" for the system sounds.  Made life much easier... and I can actually better manage the "barrier" between what's Windows audio and what's Pro audio.

For monitoring purposes (or for taking a break and watching YouTube videos, HomeStarRunner, etc.), I route the system audio (analog) back through a spare audio mixer channel.  Cheap multimedia speakers can work OK for this purpose too.
    Edit: That's just my preference, of course.  And I'm also curious to know if it actually was this cause, or some other cause.

I prefer to hear everything via the same sound card, and speakers..Youtube, mp3's, and of course  playing instruments and  Sonar  as well.

When possible, I believe that's the ideal, specially when it is supposed to be possible.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1