Only getting half out of my Dim Pro

Author
EQ
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 48
2006/03/01 01:44:43 (permalink)

Only getting half out of my Dim Pro

I am running logic pro 7 on an 12" PB with an ext. HD.
When I load up and inst. in Dim Pro. I can only use one or two elements. If I try and use more the sound "studders" and it will make logic force quit. This is the only plug-in Im have this problem with. (running iDrum-no prob; and trilogy-no prob). Help please..thnx

3 Replies Related Threads

LionSound
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3616
    RE: Only getting half out of my Dim Pro 2006/03/01 02:58:01 (permalink)
    how much ram do you have? are the patches you are running large and do you have other synths, samples loaded in logic? ... also, please post your system specs ... we'll try to help, even a logic user ;-) welcome to the Cakewalk community!

www.soundclick.com/lionsound

FirstStrike 1.2 IS RELEASED! www.fsmod.com
    EQ
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 48
    RE: Only getting half out of my Dim Pro 2006/03/02 15:15:05 (permalink)
    Sorry about that.
    PowerPC g4, 640mb of RAM.
    Yes some of the patches I try to run are large, but I havent added any new patches-just the stock one out the box. Even if I have just one Dim Pro Intrs. running I can only use half of the patches without getting "studdering" when I play (using my midi keyboard). Once I get the midi data in there if the notes are to close together, it may make logic force quit..

Thanks for your help, I really like this plug-in but Im not getting the full feel of it...help me reach for the stars with this great intsr.
    LionSound
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3616
    RE: Only getting half out of my Dim Pro 2006/03/04 04:26:02 (permalink)
    well, i'll tell ya, in my experience anything less than 1gig of RAM will have trouble running virtual instruments, especially those with large sample libraries. Also, the G4 is three generation old, so the shere speed of your system might not be up to spec. Considered a new Mac/Intel machine?

Also, what interface do you have? Make sure your drivers are fully up to date.

If you cant update your entire computer, what I would do is throw another gig of RAM in there, and make sure you use a second hard drive to stream those samples from and all the audio from logic from. I hope I've helped.
    post edited by GC San Diego Seth - 2006/03/04 04:55:56

www.soundclick.com/lionsound

FirstStrike 1.2 IS RELEASED! www.fsmod.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1