Helpful ReplyOperational Questions About CWbyBL

Author
BbAltered
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 137
2018/11/07 02:33:26 (permalink)

Operational Questions About CWbyBL

Hello.   I recently downloaded and installed the latest version of CWbyBL and have been working with it and I have a few questions.  Any help is appreciated.

1) When using the Piano Roll View, there seems to be no way to pick a different track.  Under the Tracks tab, there are options to advance or move back one track but no option to pick any track or multiple tracks.  Using Sonar Platinum, in the Piano Roll View Tracks tab, there was an option to select any track or multiple tracks.  How do I do this?

2) When I use the Loop Construction View, the audio preview does not work.  When previewing loops in the Browser, audio preview works fine.  Am I missing something - have I screwed something up?  Or is this a CWbyBL problem?

3) I get a quick static burst (a click or snap) thru my monitors when I arm or disarm an audio track, or when I render (bounce) audio tracks.  The static burst is pretty loud, moves my mixer's signal ladder, but does not move any of the signal ladders in the Tracks or Console View.  Interestingly, my old copy of CW Sonar X2 also did this - I was hoping the new version would fix this.  Anyone else have this problem?  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this?

Thanks
sock monkey
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
Re: Operational Questions About CWbyBL 2018/11/07 04:08:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2018/11/07 18:13:20

See where it says Bass and drums on the right  And you can have ghosted tracks open buy holding ctlr as you select. 

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

Base 57
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 249
Re: Operational Questions About CWbyBL 2018/11/07 04:24:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2018/11/07 18:13:13
1. Top left of the PRV click on View then select Show Track Pane. Or at the top right of the PRV is a little double arrow icon click on that to show the Track Pane.

2. At the top of the Loop Construction View under the Options tab is where you select the Preview Bus.

3. Is probably a configuration issue of some kind. More info will be needed. Specifically what interface are you using? A fairly simple first step in troubleshooting interface issues is to close the program, delete or rename the "AUD.ini" file (search the forum for it's location) and then restart CbB. You will have to redo all of your friendly names after but it often solves audio problems.
BbAltered
Re: Operational Questions About CWbyBL 2018/11/07 18:28:58 (permalink)
Thanks to all who wrote in.
1) OK - so I need to open up the Show Tracks window in the Piano Roll view, and I can select multiple tracks by ctrl-clicking.  That should work.  I have been used to selecting specific tracks in the Tracks tab, but I guess that has been dumped in the BL version of CW.
2) I will check out the Option tab in the Loop Construction view and see if I can get the audio preview to work.
3) I am using Win 7 64bit, Intel i5 quad processor, with 16gb RAM.  My audio interface is a Mackie 1604 mixer with an onboard firewire card: the firewire card does the AD/DA conversion and sends 18 ch of digital audio to the computer and returns 2 channels to the mixer for playback.  I believe I have the latest driver for this device - I will have to check (Mackie only made one update to the driver before discontinuing the device).  I can tell you I also own Reaper and have no clicks, snaps, crackle or pops ever when using Reaper.  So this tells me the computer and interface are robust and capable of flawless function.  I will try the trick with the AUD.ini and report back.  If I delete the AUD.ini file, will I lose any of my customizations (colors, control bar, etc)?

Thanks again for your helpful replies.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Operational Questions About CWbyBL 2018/11/07 18:40:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2018/11/07 20:00:14
BbAltered
Thanks to all who wrote in.
1) ...I have been used to selecting specific tracks in the Tracks tab, but I guess that has been dumped in the BL version of CW.
3) ...If I delete the AUD.ini file, will I lose any of my customizations (colors, control bar, etc)?

1. The change was made to SONAR in 2017 and carried over to CbB. For more info about the PRV see https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Views.05.html

3. The color and control bar config are not stored in Aud.ini but there are some parameters stored in the file. Rather than delete it, rename it. That way it is possible to compare the old file with the new one, if necessary.
BbAltered
Re: Operational Questions About CWbyBL 2018/11/08 12:29:40 (permalink)
"3. The color and control bar config are not stored in Aud.ini but there are some parameters stored in the file. Rather than delete it, rename it. That way it is possible to compare the old file with the new one, if necessary."

Very clever scook.  I will try it.  Thanks.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1