Option - Lock Now-Time in Track View and scroll the tracks themselves

Author
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
2015/03/12 15:09:07 (permalink)
5 (2)

Option - Lock Now-Time in Track View and scroll the tracks themselves

This is painful enough to warrant a feature request.

Task at hand - Create a tempo map based upon a song not created to a click track.

Method Used - Zoom in on this track so only 2-3 bars are viewable and, as the audio drifts, stop the transport and use Shift-M to assign Measure/Beat to bass/drums as necessary. (I realize there are other methods available, but I prefer this one by far.)

Issue - When zoomed in this far, it is necessary to anticipate bass/drums and correlate them visually with what is coming down the pike. When the Now Time gets to the right edge of the TV... BOOM! visual tracking is blown as I have to reorient myself to "what is going on."

Feature Request - The OPTION to lock the now time in a user-defined window position (I would actually employ this a couple beats in from the left edge), so that the tracks are scrolling beneath it, similar to a "waterfall display" used in the submarine world for actual sonar data (pun intended ).

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1