Options\Global\Folders SONAR 2<>SONAR 4

Author
thndrsn
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 475
2005/08/09 09:28:08 (permalink)

Options\Global\Folders SONAR 2<>SONAR 4

Hi,
I didn't notice it for several weeks, but after installing SONAR 2.2 XL on my new DAW (just to have the DR008 available in SONAR 4), I installed SONAR 4 which for some reason set all its folder paths to the SONAR 2 installation despite the fact that it created its own "SONAR 4 Producer Edition\Sample Content\" folder.(Wha' th' HUH???).

So I'm trying to figure out why a new template I created doesn't show up in the template folder when I look for it, and then I poke around and realize that all the SONAR 4 folder paths are pointing to the Sample Content folder for SONAR 2.

So I changed the pathnames in the Options\Global\Folders dialog box to the SONAR 4 sample content folder, but now I wonder if that could mess up some existing SONAR 4 projects that were created using the former pathnames.

What I want to know, then, is:

Can I consolidate the information in these two folders into one folder by copying all the files in the "SONAR 2\Sample Content", "SONAR 2\Drum Maps" and "SONAR 2\Pattern Brush Patterns" folders into the SONAR 4 folders? Or will that cause problems?

By the way, I have since bought the complete, latest version of DR008 and the MusicLab Drum Tools Performance Tool, which includes the Slicey, and Fillin drummers I had bought for my SONAR 2.2 XL installation. Additionally, I have only a very few existing SONAR 2.2XL files and don't really need to worry about importing them into SONAR 4, since I can re-create them in SONAR 4 if need be.

I want to use the SONAR 2.2XL installation in a laptop computer for on-location tracking only. I assume that my EULAs permit me to use SONAR 2.2 XL in a laptop while using SONAR 4 PE in my desktop system. What I don't know is whether I have to remove the SONAR 2.2XL installation from the desktop (which was only installed to facilitate transferring previous projects into the new system) in order to use it on the laptop, since I don't actually use SONAR 2.2 XL on the destop system. Perhaps some of you longime SONAR users might know how Cakewalk feels about this.

Can I consolidate the two "Sample Content" folders into one and then uninstall SONAR 2.2 XL from the desktop? In other words, this is both a technical and a legal question.

--thndrsn

Beethoven was right: the bigger the stream, the deeper the tone.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1