Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated

Author
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
2017/09/12 10:30:00 (permalink)

Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated

I thought OTS would release something after the group buy (hoping for the 12 string acoustic) but maybe my premonition was this update to the whole Evolution Guitar series.

We just released a round of free updates for all our Evolution guitar libraries (including Evolution Mandolin).

The new versions bring these libraries up to speed with our newest Evolution Hollowbody Blues library--the most noticeable addition being our new line of guitar cabinet models, covering rare, vintage, and modern cabs. We left the legacy cabinets accessible to maintain compatibility, but these new cabinet models are definitely worth trying out!

You can download the updates using the link below. As indicated on the download pages, only the new engine files need to be downloaded, and should replace your existing engine files.

Change list:

- Separate spring reverb effect module which features 11 spring reverb tanks to select from. New line of guitar cabinets, including modern and classic guitar cabs.

- Added chord mode selection keys for on-the-fly chord mode switching.

- New "Velocity to strum speed", "velocity to strum distance", and "strum velocity decay" settings for downstroke/upstroke strum keys.

- Adjustable legato volume.

- "Sixteenth Note Slide" articulation added.

- Improved automatic chord algorithm.

- Improved dynamic memory mode for additional memory saving, and minor CPU efficiency improvements.

Known issues:

- Strumming pattern sync issues when holding a pattern for multiple bars. The strumming pattern system also needs many improvements in terms of a latching mode for automatic pattern triggering as well as more editing capabilities in general.

- With more and more settings available, we need better organization to make them quicker to find.

- Some library-specific changes needed, such as increasing the volume range of the velocity layers in Evolution Sitardelic and removing unwanted harmonics in several of Evolution Steel String's legato samples.

Here's the plan moving forward. We've begun revamping some of the internal workings (which will probably include some UI changes) of the Evolution guitar engine with these goals in mind:

- Each library will use the same exact resources file, allowing us to easily release more frequent updates for our Evolution series.

- Strumming pattern playback/editing and chord system improvements.

- Settings organized, possibly into multiple sections--for example, one section dedicated to the keyboard mapping, including being able to remap the effect keys.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud

9 Replies Related Threads

ZincTrumpet
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 891
    Re: Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated 2017/09/12 11:23:10 (permalink)
    Thanks Glyn. I actually posted the same thing about an hour ago but naturally it disappeared after I edited it to add a link. Go figure!
    msorrels
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1025
    Re: Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated 2017/09/12 12:06:26 (permalink)
    I just finished updating all of my Evolution guitars (I have the full bundle).  After the updating you will need to batch re-save all the libraries if you want them to load as fast as they can.

-Matt

ZincTrumpet
    Re: Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated 2017/09/12 14:02:24 (permalink)
    Thanks Matt. I have got into the habit of doing batch re-saves with all of my Kontakt library updates. It can make a big difference to loading speed.

I am just playing around with the Rick 12 which I got on the recent Group Buy and it sounds amazing. I also just discovered the Demo Songs folder within the library folder. The demo MIDI files sound stupendous! I just dropped the one named Determination into Sonar and gave each of the channels an instance of Rick 12, one with Apostle Rick patch (crunchy) and the other channel Unison Line (Distorted) and I am blown away at the realism of especially the lead sound. I must study the MIDI data to see what they have done.

Now I am tempted by the Ample Sound Acoustic 12 string but I am also hanging on to see what OTS come up with. Black Friday is not too far away and I have some orange slices to use ;-)

Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re: Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated 2017/09/13 18:42:38 (permalink)
    Looks like the next OTS Evolution product won't be the 12 string. See this post on KVR.

by Gregjazz; Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:28 pm Re: What's up next?
    Next release will be Evolution Rock Standard. The library is complete and ready to release, apart from NI encoding it for the Kontakt Player--I'm not sure what their ETA is, though.

I wonder what the Rock Standard will be. It has been hinted that both a Les Paul and a Telecaster are in the pipe line. 

Its the 12 string I want the most!

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    ZincTrumpet
    Re: Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated 2017/09/13 19:14:23 (permalink)
    Me too Glyn! Thanks for the heads up.
    That Ample Sound one is even more tempting now.
    SmokeyJ628
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 809
    Re: Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated 2017/09/14 19:00:29 (permalink)
    I think this will be the Les Paul.
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated 2017/09/14 23:11:55 (permalink)
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a Les Paul. Although I suppose he could surprise us with an SG ("Standard" as in "Standard Guitar"?). A Telecaster would be nice, but unnecessary. If anyone's looking for one, check out Indiginus' Renegade. Sounds great and is very inexpensive.

I'm not too heartbroken about the OTS 12-string taking awhile. It'll be good, no doubt. But there are other good 12-strings out there already, such as the new one from Ample Sound. My go-to 12-string is part of Indiginus' Acoustic Guitar Collection, which lacks fancy articulations but serves just fine for strumming. 8Dio's got a really nice one, too, and priced about where the OTS will likely be.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated 2017/09/14 23:56:59 (permalink)
    SmokeyJ628

That would pretty much be a (THE?) Rock Standard.
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: Orange Tree Evolution Guitars Updated 2017/09/14 23:57:07 (permalink)
    SmokeyJ628

That would pretty much be a (THE?) Rock Standard.

As in Hard Rock not Rock n' Roll.

Rock n' Roll would be a Strat.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1