Organizing the DimPro Library

Author
albertcoppo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2006/10/21 13:37:42 (permalink)

Organizing the DimPro Library

After installing the Exp Pack 2 for Dim Pro, I decided to organize the library so I could group instruments by category...including now both expansion packs. I did it in explorer, but when I went to test it, the instrument did not show the changes. I opened a new project, inserted the DimPro and tested again... and still it shows the old patch set up tree. What am I doing wrong? - What else do I need to do for the new library to be recognized. Thanks for the help.

6 Replies Related Threads

lfm
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2216
    RE: Organizing the DimPro Library 2006/10/21 14:40:45 (permalink)
    I had some other problem with new patches I created and got the tip from René to press F5, and the patch list will be created again.

So F5 seem to be a undocumented command to rebuild the librarylist structure.
    albertcoppo
    RE: Organizing the DimPro Library 2006/10/21 14:44:45 (permalink)
    Thanks for the tip... Where/when do I press F5? - Hopefully Rene will be able to give me a complete solution... if not, I can always go back to the original format using this tip.... and if everything else fails, then I guess I'll reinstall... :)
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Organizing the DimPro Library 2006/10/21 14:59:23 (permalink)
    If you installed XP2 with all Dimension Pro instances closed, then you don't need to use F5. The installer should update the tree for you.

If you had Dimension Pro opened, then

1- Open the browser
    2- Hit F5

If your host captures the keystrokes, F5 won't work. You might need to manually delete 'programs.lst' in your \Dimension Pro\Programs folder, and restar DP.

-René
    lucia
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: Organizing the DimPro Library 2006/10/21 16:09:33 (permalink)
    Hi all,
    I have two HDs, both with three partitions. I have windows xp pro on the 1st hd, 1st partitionwith cubase sl3.1. BFD drum module on the centre partition of 1st hd. BFD say dont share its partition. 2nd HD contains an empty partition for the current working project. I need to load rapture, z3ta and dim pro but I am cofused as to where to store my pluginsfor best performance. I just loaded dim pro, but the plugin does not appear in cubase sl3.1. What is the difference between multisamples and programs, should they be to gether on the faster part of the hd.
    Also, I cant see where to post new topics on this forum.
    albertcoppo
    RE: Organizing the DimPro Library 2006/10/21 19:34:05 (permalink)
    Rene and LFM, thanks for the F5 tip. It worked like a charm.... I think I had an instance of DP opened when I started messing up with the library tree.
    lfm
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2216
    RE: Organizing the DimPro Library 2006/10/22 05:10:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: lucia

Hi all,
    I have two HDs, both with three partitions. I have windows xp pro on the 1st hd, 1st partitionwith cubase sl3.1. BFD drum module on the centre partition of 1st hd. BFD say dont share its partition. 2nd HD contains an empty partition for the current working project. I need to load rapture, z3ta and dim pro but I am cofused as to where to store my pluginsfor best performance. I just loaded dim pro, but the plugin does not appear in cubase sl3.1. What is the difference between multisamples and programs, should they be to gether on the faster part of the hd.
    Also, I cant see where to post new topics on this forum.

Last thing first. On the Instruments forum, on top left there is a NewPost button.

About hd, max performance boost is with different drives, not partitions.

One disks heads that read and write the drive can only be in one spot at a time, this whether there are different partitions. So if heads can remain and read from the same spot without changing to another partition in between is a big advantage.

Different partitions can have separate readcache and make it an advantage in some cases, but I cannot say for sure how much better it might be compared to have one larger partition.

More physical disks is better than many partitions.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1