Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
inmazevo
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3276
2009/03/09 15:33:23 (permalink)

Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out

Been getting a bit lost where dates are concerned.
Never forget my birthday, my wife's birthday, my son's birthday, or my wedding anniversary... I know when they are... I just don't always remember when WE are.
And it's getting worse.

Last year, it was trivial: I didn't realize that the date for my own birthday had arrived until about 6PM that evening.
This year, however: I just realized that the 3rd had passed a few moments ago.

So, given that I doubt I'm the only person with date-loss 'round here.
Ideas?

She didn't seem to remember either, or at least she hasn't mentioned it... yet. No card or gift or the slightest hint that I've seen.

Help...

- zevo

39 Replies Related Threads

Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 15:38:07 (permalink)
    She didn't forget zevo, and you are in it deep my friend. I'm thinking you should be buying a diamond bauble of some sort, and fast. Don't discount selling a kidney or other organ to pay for it. Any delay could result in the lack of a place to put another organ you have.

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    inmazevo
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 15:41:27 (permalink)
    Yeah. The more I think about it, the more deep the hole goes.
    Umm... well, work just took a heavy second place for the day. Think I'll go out in a bit and look for cards/gifts/etc.
    My boss seems to understand the gravity of the situation, so that's good.

- zevo
    Roflcopter
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6767
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 15:42:54 (permalink)
    She didn't seem to remember either, or at least she hasn't mentioned it... yet.

Hah. Hah. Hah.

Chanel #5, and fast.

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 15:43:56 (permalink)
    Randy's right- I seriously doubt she forgot. if so, then she's 1 in a BILLION women. use your creative mind to come up with something great because it's going to take it overcome nearly a week of missing it!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 15:44:09 (permalink)
    Yeah... I have to agree with Randy.... you're in big trouble.... BIG TROUBLE.... she's planning something...and you won't like it... there's no way out of this with your dignity intact.... but get to the store and get something.... and make it impressive.

You might be able to say... "well baby, they had to specially make this for you and it took a few days longer than they expected....but don't you think it's beautiful????...and I'm sooooo sorry it's late....." and hope she gets that "tear in her eye" look.... grovel man...grovel....

Next time...man don't put us through this ..... bailing you out...
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2009/03/09 15:50:28

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 15:47:43 (permalink)

Yeah, I'd really push the boat out on this one and get her a new Vacuum or Washing Machine, you can't afford to skimp here.

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    inmazevo
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 15:59:37 (permalink)
    She'll be out of the house until about 7:30 tonight, so I have some prep time.
    I'm thinking two things...

Initial impression when she gets home from the long day:
    - dinner table set... takeout, but from a nice place
    - table setting... dinner + desert + flowers
    - good bottle of wine
    - (using my son a bit on this one)... entry room spotless and lined with flowers and balloons... my son will go crazy at the pomp of it, and he tends to raise positive vibes in that sort of thing (even though she doesn't care about flowers and balloons... I need his energy)

Then, of course, the second bit:
    - good card (not a cheap drug store one)
    - well thought out note/letter in it
    - gift
    - reservations at a really sweet spot this weekend, and baby sitter planned so it'll just be us

Not thinking I'm going to have the word anniversary on any of it, since as one of my coworkers said "that boat has sailed." Rather... spouse appreciation day, with the anniversary only mentioned in due course as the night comes along.

What ya think?
    I have to avoid big gifts (read: expensive). That can backfire, since we're in micro-manage our money mode.
    Normally, she'd have a new laptop or something.

- zevo
    No How
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5180
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 16:02:28 (permalink)
    R.I.P.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
    Roflcopter
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6767
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 16:04:18 (permalink)
    Small bottle of Chanel won't kill the budget. Definitely won't hurt your chances.

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 16:05:49 (permalink)
    why you think petrol (gas) station sells bunches of flowers?

women have wonderful memories.. things I've forgotten I was in the dog house for months about.

me , mines very poor... a few tricks.. in your mobile phone.. if it's got a calander.. mark the date in say the day b4 etc..

or get a reminder program for your pc or mac.. there are a few ones for the pc.. there are a few that run in the system tray also

I have the easiest birthday in the world to remember apart from obvious ones like new years day etc.. It's soon as well
    post edited by Fog - 2009/03/09 16:14:22
    inmazevo
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 16:14:36 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: No How
    R.I.P.

Ouch!!!
    I know, I know, I know... don't remind me.

- zevo
    inmazevo
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 16:16:58 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Fog
    why you think petrol (gas) station sells bunches of flowers?
    women have wonderful memories.. things I've forgotten I was in the dog house for months about.
    me , mines very poor... a few tricks.. in your mobile phone.. if it's got a calander.. mark the date in say the day b4 etc..
    or get a reminder program for your pc or mac.. there are a few ones for the pc.. there are a few that run in the system tray also

Yeah. I have my calendar apps. Just didn't turn on the machine much last week... too busy cleaning the yard, fixing the sink and toilet, putting refinance paperwork together, prepping taxes, etc. Just got in the way.

I'm actually normally very good about keeping the romantic stuff in my head. This year has been the most distracting one to date.

I'll definitely be setting up my phone's calendar though. Good idea. I never use that thing.

- zevo
    post edited by inmazevo - 2009/03/09 16:23:31
    Truckermusic
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1924
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 16:20:02 (permalink)
    zevo

a nice card
    flowers
    a nice dinner out
    and a pair of dimond ear rings
    and a I O U for ...........***********............ at a later date , redeemable upon demand!!!!!

and then like they said ....................GROVEL

good luck

Cliff

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
    NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
    Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
    Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
    Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
    16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 16:30:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: inmazevo

She'll be out of the house until about 7:30 tonight, so I have some prep time.
    I'm thinking two things...

Initial impression when she gets home from the long day:
    - dinner table set... takeout, but from a nice place
    - table setting... dinner + desert + flowers
    - good bottle of wine
    - (using my son a bit on this one)... entry room spotless and lined with flowers and balloons... my son will go crazy at the pomp of it, and he tends to raise positive vibes in that sort of thing (even though she doesn't care about flowers and balloons... I need his energy)

Then, of course, the second bit:
    - good card (not a cheap drug store one)
    - well thought out note/letter in it
    - gift
    - reservations at a really sweet spot this weekend, and baby sitter planned so it'll just be us

Not thinking I'm going to have the word anniversary on any of it, since as one of my coworkers said "that boat has sailed." Rather... spouse appreciation day, with the anniversary only mentioned in due course as the night comes along.

- zevo

I'd own up. Get her an "I'm sorry" card, and tell her how much you love her (blah blah blah).
    And try writing a song for her. It's inexpensive, and they usually LOVE that stuff.

Good luck.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    pistolpete
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1584
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 16:33:56 (permalink)
    Maybe buy you and her, a pair his and hers PDA devices so you will never forget an important date.

She will make you pay for this blunder for years to come.
    inmazevo
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 17:50:23 (permalink)
    Just got back from helping her carry some bags from a business meeting down the street.
    Had a nice coffee chat about spending time together, etc.
    Strategically walked through a store and watched what she looked at. Excellent.
    Asked what she wanted for dinner.

Stupid me. I never do this type of thing, and really love being married.
    It's SO easy to get so busy with the mundane... the maintenance of life. There's so much of it, particularly now with a house, a kid, and an "awesome" economy (we're both in IT, and everybody's getting cuts, layoffs, etc.).

Think I'll start planning a trip to Japan for the summer. Break and and hit the reset in Tokyo. Hehehe.

- zevo
    Russell.Whaley
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2755
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/09 23:39:22 (permalink)
    All the guys have had some great suggestions here... so I won't repeat anything.

Have you considered the "I Love You So Much I'd Marry You All Over Again" gambit? Usually, folks wait for 10 or 20 years in to do renewal of vows... but hey, could be helpful for you.

Best of luck to you, sir.

foxwolfen
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/10 00:17:08 (permalink)
    Big trouble.

No gift will work. You had better romance her, and hard... foot massage, do the dishes, tell her how much you love her, do the dishes...

I doubt even that will work, so ...well... we will hold a fabulous wake for you. Big party. You would like it... if you were still alive.

*sniff* We'll miss you buddy!

Where is the bar? Ah Ha! Mickey, pour me another stout, will you there lad?

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    robby
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5819
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/10 00:43:14 (permalink)
    It's called CRS, and it gets worse as you get older...

==================
    It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
    Mamabear
    • Total Posts : 8954
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/11 17:39:01 (permalink)
    too busy cleaning the yard, fixing the sink and toilet, putting refinance paperwork together, prepping taxes, etc. Just got in the way.

She has NO reason to complain IMO. Way to go!
    inmazevo
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/11 19:05:58 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mamabear
    too busy cleaning the yard, fixing the sink and toilet, putting refinance paperwork together, prepping taxes, etc. Just got in the way.

She has NO reason to complain IMO. Way to go!

Thanks, mamabear. Good to get a woman's perspective.

In a VERY strange twist of events (and no, none of you get to laugh... it'll happen to you eventually, if not already):
    So, I got the card, and the flowers, and some wine, and balloons, and cleaned the living room and the dining room... had everything set.
    My wife came home and got excited and said "that's right, it's tomorrow, isn't it." I, of course, stupidly replied that I was positive it was on the 3rd.

Turns out, my anniversary ISN'T on the 3rd... great... that's great.
    My brain's clearly too full to get by. Don't know why I thought it was the 3rd. I can't think of anything that would have made me so convinced.

One thing that's worse than forgetting...
    Thinking you forgot and buying a make-up gift to make up for something.
    Trust me, it's worse than forgetting and never mentioning it.

Our anniversary came and went. Didn't get a card. Didn't get a gift.
    Bummer.

Ah well.
    We're both too distracted and busy.
    It's definitely high on my list this year to NOT be so distracted that you forget the "little things" in life.

- zevo
    post edited by inmazevo - 2009/03/11 19:12:26
    Mamabear
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/11 19:10:26 (permalink)
    LOL. So it's tomorrow?

One thing that's worse than forgetting...
    Thinking you forgot and buying a make-up gift to make up for something.
    Trust me, it's worse than forgetting and never mentioning it.

Why? What's wrong with celebrating just because it's today and you're still together? Doesn't sound bad at all!

Anyway, I hope you ended up having a fun time. And not forgetting the little things is a good idea for all of us! Thanks for this fun thread! I hope she sees the humor in it too!
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/11 19:17:54 (permalink)
    Four words:

Microsoft Outlook Calender Reminder

I'm fortunate enough to have the same anniversary as friends of ours, so we always remind each other - haven't missed an anniversary yet. Also, my wife and I got married in 2000, so figuring out how many years we've been married is as simple as knowing the last one or two numbers of the current year.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/11 20:53:44 (permalink)
    WTG Dave

12 years is a long time...

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    jhughs
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1179
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/11 23:07:00 (permalink)
    Not good.
    A friend of mine, a nice guy, forgot his wife's birthday.
    A couple months later, she was giving him a ride to work. He got in the car, saw a rose on the seat between them and said "What's the rose for?"
    Next she packed his lunch, well, pitched it really, in the form of a can of soup.
    They divorced less than a year later.

ASUS P5ND/Intel E8500, Line6 Toneport UX2/PODFarm, Sonar, Axiom 25, Blue Bluebird, Audio-Technica AT3035s, Blue Snowflake, Line6 Spider IV 150 & AMPLIFI, Crate 1

J Hughs Soundclick
    Mamabear
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/12 07:53:17 (permalink)
    :-(

I imagine that wasn't the only problem.

But still, that's ridiculous. :-(
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/12 10:00:20 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Beagle
    Randy's right- I seriously doubt she forgot. if so, then she's 1 in a BILLION women. use your creative mind to come up with something great because it's going to take it overcome nearly a week of missing it!

I guess she IS 1 in a billion!!!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Mamabear
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/12 10:43:00 (permalink)
    Some women need to grow up!!
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    RE: Ouch... anniversary was the 3rd... help a brother out 2009/03/12 10:51:09 (permalink)
    if so, then she's 1 in a BILLION women.

My ex and I forgot out 14th or 15th anniversary. We both laughed about it.

We were married for 20 years. We're not anymore (for completely different reasons).
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1