Helpful ReplyLockedOur positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
SuperMarioGamer
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
2017/09/12 07:52:21 (permalink)

Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors

Brief Description Of My Theory:  This is a world changing theory that would enlighten and awaken humanity to their positive emotions which are the only light to our lives and artistic endeavors.  I am fed up with my inner light (positive emotions) being thrown out and dismissed as something trivial.  It is time I spoke my mind to the point where my arguments are plausible.  I think I have finally achieved that goal.  This theory of mine is to be preached to the world since, like I said, I am fed up and it is time I spoke my mind.   All the horrible misery in my life would also be dismissed as nothing more than a state of mind and a matter of me judging it as something horrible when it never was.  Denying the light and darkness in my life really gets to me and angers me.  

That is why I wish to preach this theory.  I know what my positive emotions are like for me and I know what my misery and hopelessness is like for me.  They truly are states of goodness, beauty, joy, and hell.  Also, I have recovered from a 10 year hellish struggle. It was the most miserable struggle of my life induced by obsessive negative thoughts and emotionally traumatic life events. This theory is my own personal insight gained from this struggle and now it is time I shared it.  Lastly, when I say things such as that depressed people's lives can't be anything good and worth living without their positive emotions, then I don't mean that they can't contribute something good to the world.  I simply mean that they can't experience anything good to make their lives matter to them in good ways.

Full Description Of My Theory

It is an established fact that our emotions are everything to our lives. Without emotions, then nothing could matter to us. We could have thoughts of things mattering to us, but nothing would actually matter to us.  We would lose our empathy and humanity without emotions.  We can't have empathy without emotions.  Thoughts (value judgments) themselves allow us to perceive good and bad value.

But it is our emotions that allow us to experience the good and bad value to make our lives matter to us in good or bad ways.   From here, this is where my theory comes in and makes itself quite obvious.  Our positive emotions are the light to our lives (can only make our lives matter to us in good ways) while our negative emotions are the darkness to our lives (can only make our lives matter to us in bad ways).  To say that negative emotions can make our lives matter to us in good ways or that our positive emotions can make our lives matter to us in bad ways would, again, make no sense. 

This is so obvious and I can't understand why others are unable to see this.  This means that all the famous and genius miserable composers and artists who did not have their positive emotions or, at least, had a very small degree of them, had little to nothing in their lives.  Their artistic endeavors were nothing but darkness regardless of what they believed otherwise.  Therefore, our negative emotions are no way to live or be an artist and neither is having no emotions at all any way to live or be an artist. 

It can only be our positive emotions that can truly make our lives beautiful and worth living.  As for our value judgments (emotional viewpoints), we still need them as vital tools to make wise decisions even if we did not feel the associated emotion to make such wise decisions matter to us. 

Since our positive emotions allow us to experience the good qualities of life while our negative emotions allow us to experience the bad qualities of life, then our positive emotions are literally a force of goodness flowing through us while our negative emotions are literally a force of badness flowing through us. It's, in a way, no different than a positive or negative charge.  So, according to my theory, good and bad are actual properties (i.e. forces). 

I guess, in a way, you could consider our emotions to be the good and bad "charges" as opposed to just positive or negative charges.  Positive and negative charges wouldn't be good and bad charges.  So, this version of positive and negative would be a different definition.  I just make the comparison of emotions with charges to make my theory clear.

A positive emotion cannot allow you to experience the bad qualities of life and neither can a negative emotion allow you to experience the good qualities of life since this would be no different than saying that a positive charge can be a negative charge or that a negative charge can be a positive one.  This makes no sense. Therefore, all famous artists and composers who have used their depression and misery as an inspiration for their art weren't living any sort of good life at all.

They did not have the force of light (i.e. goodness) flowing through them. In a purely naturalistic universe, it would be the force of goodness. But in a spiritual universe, it would be the light of god.  Again, that light would be our positive emotions.  I am undecided when it comes to the existence of god, the paranormal, and the afterlife.  This means that I am considering both possibilities here.  Our positive emotions could simply be the force of goodness we need in a purely naturalistic universe or they could be the light of god in a spiritual universe.

Now, I wish to be a composer. This means that I must fully recover from any emotional trauma and misery in my life before I can finally embrace and celebrate the good qualities of my life and composing.  Without the light in my life, then my life can only be darkness or just simply blank (neither light nor dark).  It's no way to live or be an artist.  Our positive emotions are the only things that can make our lives worth living in a good way. 

Lastly, my theory obviously hasn't been well known in the past.  If it has, then we would not have so many people and artists to this very day thinking that negative emotions can make our lives and artistic endeavors truly beautiful and good.  This theory, if true, could change the world and help find cures and create a utopia life for us all so that people and artists can live the lives they were truly meant to live. As for the types of experiments we can perform to discover evidence for my theory if there really is evidence for it, I do not know. I am not good when it comes to ideas for experiments. 

I do not have that much money and I cannot afford any research team or equipment anyway.  So, I am empty handed.  Neither do I have any interest in learning any subject since it would be no different than how I have no interest in learning physics or biology.  I just wish to be happy, enjoy my life and hobbies, and share/express this theory I have for what it is now.  Hopefully though, this will not just be a matter of my own personal truth and revelation.  I hope that, someday, my theory gets put to the test.  At this point, it would just be a theory in the sense of it being an idea.  It is not yet a scientific theory.  Scientific theories such as Einstein's theory of relativity have empirical evidence to support them.  But if my theory were true, then a scientific definition of good and bad would become a reality.

Other Person's Response:  BTW - There's nothing wrong with wanting to discuss your points of view, only your choice of venue to do so.

You are a few levels below things with your thinking.  There are many levels to reality, like an onion.  Anytime something does not make sense it usually means you are not at the correct level to understand.  I would suggest you try to find a community that discusses things like NLP (where you'll actually find that there is NO "good" or "bad" just events and how you respond to these events is what's important) or energy work websites (which will talk a lot about raising your vibration by only surrounding yourself with positive things and people).

My Reply:  Still, nothing could matter to you at all without your emotions.  You would have no empathy and you would lose your humanity.  Living like that would be no way to live.  It would be a no quality standard of living and this is a proven fact as I've explained in the beginning of my theory.  The things you've mentioned to me presuppose that your life has positivity.  

If you are going to have some sort of positive attitude that gives any sort of advice and suggestion to me, then that is already suggesting my life can matter to me in a good way because a positive attitude and outlook on life always presupposes something mattering to you in a good way.  You mentioned positive things and people.  By that, you would actually be saying good things and people even though you do not realize it.  That is why it all has to come down to your life mattering to you in a good way.

Like I said, it can only be our positive emotions that can do this.  Now, if you or anyone else are a spiritual believer, then you would have to believe in good and bad.  God himself and his light or the spiritual forces of light would be sheer goodness itself and there would have to be spiritual dark forces which are sheer badness.  Denying the existence of good and bad would be no different than denying all of the goodness I have experienced in my life.  You would be denying all the joy, beauty, misery, and suffering I have been through in my life which were, in fact, real things.

Lastly, positive things can only be positive things while negative things can only be negative things.  It would make no sense to say that something positive can be something negative or that something negative can be something positive just as how it would make no sense to say that something good can be something bad or that something bad can be something good.  It's like saying that water can be fire or that fire can be water.  These are two distinct things. 

Other Person's Response:  Emotions are not the crux of humanity.  There is, in fact, much evidence that contradicts your theory.

My Reply:  You say that emotions are not the crux of humanity, but I am just not so sure on this. I had a discussion with someone who, in fact, said they were absolutely necessary. He was a highly intelligent skeptic.  If you wish to read what he has to say, then refer to my full packet.   As a matter of fact, many highly intelligent people think like him and they also claim to have much evidence on their side as well.

So, maybe this whole issue is controversial rather than a definite conclusion that you are making it out to be or I am making it out to be.  What it all comes down to here is, can a person experience the good and bad qualities of life without his/her emotions?  Remember, thinking that you are in a state of joy, beauty, or suffering does not make it so since there is a big difference between what you think as opposed to if you really are experiencing joy, beauty, and suffering.  

That example all goes back to what I explained in regards to emotions.  Emotions allow us to experience these qualities while our value judgments alone in the absence of our emotions do not.  They only allow us to perceive, but not experience these qualities.  Experiencing would be that literal force of light (sheer goodness) or force of darkness (sheer badness) which were metaphorical descriptions I have ascribed to our emotions.  

Therefore, if you want your life to be something good or bad in the absence of your emotions, then you need the force of light or darkness through your mindset and outlook alone.  If it can't be there, which my theory says it can't, then your life will amount to nothing.  These experienced values are what I call the consciousness based values in my other packets.  They are the higher and transcendent values.  They are the only real values that can make our lives beautiful, horrible, worthwhile, or good.  I call them the values of the soul if we are spiritual beings living in a spiritual universe. 

Other Person's Response:  I think you can define your own positive emotions.

My Reply:  There is a big difference between personal definitions and qualities. Just because you define your own happiness does not mean that it is actually there. That does not somehow magically make a real quality of happiness appear for you. I think our positive emotions can only be those biochemical induced euphoric states. It's no different than if there was an empty glass and you defined a quality of water to be inside that glass. That would not make a quality of water appear inside that glass. The only way to have real water inside that glass would be if you poured water inside it just as how the only real way to have happiness (positive emotions) is through your euphoric states.

Other Person's Response:  Not necessarily. a belief alone can induce an emotional state. if one were to pull a prank on another that they won the lottery, if the victim believes it to be true, the happy (euphoric) state would still be real, even if the truth is they didn't win the lottery.

My Reply:  I am talking about a situation where you had no emotions whatsoever and you could not induce any emotional state no matter what you did.  Defining a positive emotion (happiness) to be there when there isn't would not magically put you in a state of happiness in this given scenario.

Other Person's Response:  You are a troll who is only trying to insult others and make them feel their lives are worthless without their positive emotions.

My Reply:  This simply isn't true.  Again, you are mistaken. My intention was not to troll, but to share and express this theory I am convinced of.
post edited by SuperMarioGamer - 2017/09/13 00:31:46
craigb
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 08:00:37 (permalink)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 08:54:42 (permalink)

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

SuperMarioGamer
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 09:01:48 (permalink)
Our positive emotions are the only light to our autistic endeavors

FIFY.
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 12:11:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/09/12 15:57:06

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 13:29:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2017/09/12 17:08:30
SuperMarioGamer
... To say that negative emotions can make our lives matter to us in good ways or that our positive emotions can make our lives matter to us in bad ways would, again, make no sense.  

I disagree.  You can't appreciate the positive without the negative to give perspective.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
Slugbaby
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 13:29:47 (permalink)
double post.

*doublegood post.

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 14:09:19 (permalink)

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 14:44:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/09/12 15:57:29
"Brief"

SuperMarioGamer
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 15:14:55 (permalink)
Beepster
"Brief"

Actually, the bolded description was the brief description while the rest is the full explanation.  I don't think the full explanation is that long though.
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 15:58:27 (permalink)
To the OP

tl;dr

But if it floats your boat do it.
jamesg1213
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 16:11:25 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer

This is so obvious and I can't understand why others are unable to see this  

In my experience, if you come across something like that, it's generally because sharper minds than yours have already considered it, and discarded it, because you haven't really thought it through.

To say that negative emotions can make our lives matter to us in good ways or that our positive emotions can make our lives matter to us in bad ways would, again, make no sense. 

Sadness and anger might be considered 'negative emotions'. They might be induced by seeing the plight of people less fortunate than yourself, and drive you to do some charitable work. That would be a positive in your life, and in the lives of others.

Now, I wish to be a composer

So you've said, many, many times. I think you need to wish for something a little easier to achieve.

Jyemz

bapu
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 16:18:09 (permalink)
jamesg1213
I think you need to wish for something a little easier to achieve.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
SuperMarioGamer
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 16:30:14 (permalink)
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

This is so obvious and I can't understand why others are unable to see this  

In my experience, if you come across something like that, it's generally because sharper minds than yours have already considered it, and discarded it, because you haven't really thought it through.

To say that negative emotions can make our lives matter to us in good ways or that our positive emotions can make our lives matter to us in bad ways would, again, make no sense. 

Sadness and anger might be considered 'negative emotions'. They might be induced by seeing the plight of people less fortunate than yourself, and drive you to do some charitable work. That would be a positive in your life, and in the lives of others.

Now, I wish to be a composer

So you've said, many, many times. I think you need to wish for something a little easier to achieve.

You say that these sharper minds know it is a fact that our negative emotions can, in fact, allow us to experience the good qualities of life (make our live matter to us in good ways).  I'm sorry, but this still doesn't make any sense to me and it's still not clear to me:

A positive emotion cannot allow you to experience the bad qualities of life and neither can a negative emotion allow you to experience the good qualities of life since this would be no different than saying that a positive charge can be a negative charge or that a negative charge can be a positive one.  This makes no sense. Therefore, all famous artists and composers who have used their depression and misery as an inspiration for their art weren't living any sort of good life at all.
jamesg1213
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 16:38:29 (permalink)
Said all I'm going to say Matt.

As usual, best of luck, see you in few months no doubt.

Jyemz

Beepster
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 16:50:30 (permalink)
Yanno how when you posted this same thread yesterday it got deleted almost immediately?

Maybe you should have taken that as a hint.
SuperMarioGamer
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 16:56:07 (permalink)
Beepster
Yanno how when you posted this same thread yesterday it got deleted almost immediately?

Maybe you should have taken that as a hint.

I already have, but I still don't care.  All I care about is sharing this theory and discussing it since I am fed up with my inner light (positive emotions) being thrown out and dismissed as something trivial.  It is time I spoke my mind to the point where my arguments are plausible.  I think I have finally achieved that goal.  But in the future, I will learn how to compose and make music.
Beepster
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 16:59:10 (permalink)
craigb
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:11:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/09/12 17:37:15
Beepster
"Brief"

Lawyers don't know the meaning of the word either.  Heck, they call a 300 page document a "brief!" 

craigb
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:18:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jamesg1213 2017/09/12 17:33:41
BTW - There's nothing wrong with wanting to discuss your points of view, only your choice of venue to do so.

You are a few levels below things with your thinking.  There are many levels to reality, like an onion.  Anytime something does not make sense it usually means you are not at the correct level to understand.  I would suggest you try to find a community that discusses things like NLP (where you'll actually find that there is NO "good" or "bad" just events and how you respond to these events is what's important) or energy work websites (which will talk a lot about raising your vibration by only surrounding yourself with positive things and people).

The Coffee House is neither of those places.  Happy hunting!

Slugbaby
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:31:42 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer

You say that these sharper minds know it is a fact that our negative emotions can, in fact, allow us to experience the good qualities of life (make our live matter to us in good ways).  I'm sorry, but this still doesn't make any sense to me and it's still not clear to me:

It's a good thing that clarifying for you isn't one of my priorities.
Good luck.

Beepster
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:35:03 (permalink)
craigb

Lawyers don't know the meaning of the word either.  Heck, they call a 300 page document a "brief!" 

Maybe he meant this kind?

bapu
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:39:20 (permalink)
Beepster
"Brief"

Slugbaby
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:44:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/09/12 17:44:41
bapu
Beepster
"Brief"

What's this "FOR DAILY WEAR" idea?
I get at least 4 days out of mine!

bapu
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:45:00 (permalink)
We all define DAILY differently.
Slugbaby
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:47:45 (permalink)
Throw them against the wall.  When they stick, they're done.

Or was that SPAGHETTI?  I can never remember...

bapu
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:50:26 (permalink)
Slugbaby
Throw them against the wall.  When they stick, they're done.

Or was that SPAGHETTI?  I can never remember...

You eear spaghetti as undershreddies?
Slugbaby
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:51:32 (permalink)
Don't tell me that feeling isn't enticing!

bapu
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 17:52:10 (permalink)
Slugbaby
Don't tell me that feeling isn't enticing!

Well, since you mentioned it.......
bapu
Re: Our positive emotions are the only light to our artistic endeavors 2017/09/12 18:03:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Slugbaby 2017/09/12 18:35:04
Sorry, but BECAN is the most important aspect of our humanity for (most of) us in The Coffee House.
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1